Buchholz injury issues continue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Buchholz injury issues continue

Clay Buchholz will be getting an MRI today after closing down a side session after feeling discomfort...

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/6/26/4467036/red-sox-clay-buchholz-MRI-DL

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130626-buchholz-cuts-short-throwing-session-mri-next.ece

Allen Webster is supposed to get another start Friday, but depending on the results on the MRI, he could see more time or RDLR and possibly Brandon Workman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Buchholz injury issues continue

Amazing.  Just amazing.  How is this possible?  When it happened, I think Buchholz said it was because he slept wrong. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Clay Buchholz will be getting an MRI today after closing down a side session after feeling discomfort...

http://www.overthemonster.com/2013/6/26/4467036/red-sox-clay-buchholz-MRI-DL

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20130626-buchholz-cuts-short-throwing-session-mri-next.ece

Allen Webster is supposed to get another start Friday, but depending on the results on the MRI, he could see more time or RDLR and possibly Brandon Workman.

It's concerning, but at the same time, I'm glad neither Buchholz, nor the Sox are trying to rush him back, before he's 100%.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Amazing.  Just amazing.  How is this possible?  When it happened, I think Buchholz said it was because he slept wrong. 

It was aggravated by the tumble he took at 1st on the 8th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

neck bone's connected to the backbone.  hopefully this is nothing more than paraspinal muscle spasms, but with Buch's hx, hard to know until more info from MRI.  wishing him the very best of negative mri results. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We have seen this all too often. These minor injuries turn out to be worse than originally thought. It is no longer surprising.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Clay has the worst luck with this crap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Amazing? Hardly. I predicted in SP's that Breakholtz would miss at least 30 days from now until the end of the season. The guy is FRAGILE. Thats his history and thats likely his future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Amazing? Hardly. I predicted in SP's that Breakholtz would miss at least 30 days from now until the end of the season. The guy is FRAGILE. Thats his history and thats likely his future.

So he's Italian ... so what??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

So he's Italian ... so what??

[/QUOTE]

LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Please try and refrain from childish name calling of the players on my thread. Even if you dont respect the team or player, at least respect me and the thread I created enough to not do that here.

Buchholz will probably be this kind of pitcher due to his frame/build. Thats not his fault, but it certainly will affect his physical ability to play a full MLB season. This is why the Sox have selected bigger body type pitchers. Buch tried to put on some weight/muscle, but hes just not that body type. Starting 34 games in MLB puts a ton of stress on your body. Calling him names because of it is adolescent and not welcome here.

I think they know going forward that Buchholz is more of a 26-28 starts a year and about 180IP pitcher with top notch "stuff". Its a shame that a kid with that much talent cant stay on the field. Just goes to show how much the body goes through being an MLB pitcher.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

They are now saying if he's back, it won't be until after the all star break. The Sox need to go get a top of the rotation starter. They don' t have one now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

They are now saying if he's back, it won't be until after the all star break. The Sox need to go get a top of the rotation starter. They don' t have one now.

The need for a reliable TOTR starter just moved to the top of the list for sure. They might have to make a move involving some prospects they were hoping to keep.

The report was that it hasnt got any worse, but theres still the same issue there. Maybe they will try out a couple internal option until the deadline to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle with one of their own. Either way, the need for another quality arm is without a doubt #1 priority now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

The need for a reliable TOTR starter just moved to the top of the list for sure. They might have to make a move involving some prospects they were hoping to keep.

The report was that it hasnt got any worse, but theres still the same issue there. Maybe they will try out a couple internal option until the deadline to see if they can catch lightning in a bottle with one of their own. Either way, the need for another quality arm is without a doubt #1 priority now.

[/QUOTE]

And they might need to hire a paleontologist to calm that sore trapezius that has invaded Clay's body.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And they might need to hire a paleontologist to calm that sore trapezius that has invaded Clay's body.  

[/QUOTE]

A paleontologist? Prehistoric?

Ok, I guess that one went over my head...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Please try and refrain from childish name calling of the players on my thread. Even if you dont respect the team or player, at least respect me and the thread I created enough to not do that here.

You're asking for maturity from the immature? Good luck with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if you are going to shut him down, i guess now is the time - we are in first and need him for the second half stretch run...but w    t        h???

As always - 100% correct!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I have to agree, a front line starter is definitely at the top of the wish list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

This whole thing with Buccholz is getting old.  I remember the same type of excuse used a year or two ago with Clay before telling us the real deal.  

Even stranger is Farrells reasoning for giving Webster yet another shot already over Aceves or De La Rosa.  John stated it was because Webster pitched well against the Jays in ST "WHAT" is he serious?  Who was in that lineup in ST?  Certainly not the lineup that has put together this recent run. 

Hope for the best is all we can do!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

I'm thinking Ben saw this coming, or hope he did.  His hope at start of season was for the starters to be better this year.  Time to implement plan B.  Lucky for us there are a couple of much needed guys available for trade.  Got get 'em Ben.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

You're asking for maturity from the immature? Good luck with that.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems like a tall order for some.

The kid doesnt have the body type to make it through a full season of MLB. That has always been the concern with him. Some guys can do it, but most cant who have that body type. He works his azz of to stay in shape and even put on some muscle last year. I just think name calling and that kind of stuff is done by fair weather fans.

When hes doing good its, hes great, love the guy! when he has issues some resort to name calling as if they are funny or cute. Its neither, IMHO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounded like this obscure muscle could easily be mistaken for a Mesozoic era reptile if heard out of context.  I was going for a Norm Crosbyish malapropism with that one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from irish-sox-fan. Show irish-sox-fan's posts

Clay has the worst luck with this crap.

Brilliant pitcher when hes fit enough to play. I dont think its luck. hes injury prone. doesnt matter how good you are if your body cant take playing the game. reminds me of Jed Lawrie, the guy was made of glass. seems like Clay misses about a 25% of each season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And they might need to hire a paleontologist to calm that sore trapeziusthat has invaded Clay's body.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounded like this obscure muscle could easily be mistaken for a Mesozoic era reptile if heard out of context.  I was going for a Norm Crosbyish malapropism with that one.

[/QUOTE]

Ha! Ok, got it

Sections
Shortcuts