Buchholz is on WEEI right now. Your thoughts?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Buchholz is on WEEI right now. Your thoughts?

Give us a transcript of it when it is over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd like to make a statement on the interview b4 2004idiots plagiarizes the hell out of it...  I like Clay and he and Lester will lead this team to a WSC sooner than later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Does anyone think he's going to say anything different than what has already been said?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Not sure.... keep listening or catch the plagiarized version 30 minutes from now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

If ten forum people gave their personal account of what Clay said, you would have ten different renditions. I'll take the transcript, thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz became the latest Sox player to weigh in on the team's tumultuous end to the season, answering questions on WEEI's Mut & Merloni show this afternoon. Buchholz was asked about drinking beer and eating fried chicken and the reported personal problems of his manager, but he blamed the team's collapse on expectations that got out of control.

"The big problem with this team this year was that everybody knew how good we were on paper," said Buchholz. "Best team in baseball probably in the last 10 years or whatever. To a certain extent, especially when we were playing like the best team in baseball, we'd step on the field and go win a game. Even me, sitting on the bench and watching these games I was like, 'What's going on? How are we losing these games?'"

The Red Sox went 7-18 in September and missed the playoffs, a collapse that led to Terry Francona's departure and the expected departure of Theo Epstein to the Chicago Cubs. Buchholz expressed sadness that Francona has moved on.

"He's been the only guy there since I've been in this organization," said Buchholz. "So it was a little bit of a shock. I had to sit there and just sort of think about it for a little bit. At the same time, it's the same way with the players. Players get shipped out every day from different teams. It's a business. But every time I needed something from Tito, he was there when I had something to say, so no ill will there at all."

Sox pitcher Jon Lester said earlier this week that he thought Red Sox players lost respect for Francona toward the end of the season. Buchholz sang a different tune.

"I don't know if anybody took advantage of him," said Buchholz. "I think he treated everybody like a man, like they wanted to be treated. Maybe some of the decisions that were made were not the right ones, but you've got to live with your mistakes and learn from them and move on. I don't think it was to the point where he was getting walked all over... I don't think it was anything like that. Something happened, it was a business move, I believe, and sometimes you've got to part ways."

Much has been made of Red Sox starters drinking beer and eating fried chicken during games on the days they weren't pitching, with John Lackey, Jon Lester, and Josh Beckett implicated in a comprehensive Globe story and other reports. Lester has admitted to the drinking but has said it wasn't a big deal. Buchholz also defended his pitching brethren, especially Beckett.

"If anything I would think Josh Beckett was different in a good way this year," said Buchholz. "He's one of the guys I've looked up to. He's just got that killer mentality of going out and winning the game, and he's really in a bad mood if he doesn't win a game. He's one of the hardest workers -- I'm not saying it because he's my teammate trying to cover his butt. He was in the clubhouse early, getting his work done, ran, did all his stuff. There was nothing ...He was the best pitcher on our team this year. He's getting blamed for a lot of stuff, but he was the best pitcher on team."

On Beckett's possible weight gain, Buchholz said, "Gaining weight's gaining weight. You've still got to go out there and perform."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Did he mention at all that "I'll be back to 100% by Spring Training 2018....maybe, we'll have to see when I throw from more than 5 feet off flat ground in 2014, then move it back to ultimately throwing from the mound in 2017" I would bet a paycheck that he never pitches more than 100 innings in a year the rest of his career, which may be over very soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

"I'd like to make a statement on the interview b4 2004idiots plagiarizes the hell out of it... I like Clay and he and Lester will lead this team to a WSC sooner than later." -BurritoT

You may like him. Great. That doesn't make him less of a punk who threw a no-hitter and had one nice season in the bigs.               

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Did I introduce all of you to my brothers Sindarin and Western?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Audio of the interview

http://audio.weei.com/mut-and-merloni.htm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Still through Tito under the bus. Epstein should be thrown under the tank.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Everybody will have their own take aways at this point.

But the more players that go on the record the more it appears that to some extent Terry had lost the room but not in open mutiny by any means. Nobody is throwing Terry under the bus but the guys aren't crushed he is gone either. Tito was right, it was time for a new voice.

And I think Buch also probably reflects what most of the guys are thinking in terms of Beckett, which is to look at this feeding frenzy that market is on and thinking REALLY? The guy was our best pitcher this year and had rough starts after he turned his ankle. From the players perspective this and the banging on Adrian Gonzalez for the God's will comments are probably equally puzzling and disturbing. Nothing they can do to change it, it is the dark side of the intense interest in this team but you can bet that the players think the market has lost proportionality somewhere along the line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Buchholz is on WEEI right now. Your thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]Still through Tito under the bus. Epstein should be thrown under the tank.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

You are a fake Softlaw. The old Softlaw could spell. It is threw and not through.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Buchholz is on WEEI right now. Your thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]WEEI
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Every rules or rule? Clown.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Is Clay still on WEEI right now? Is that why you bumped this thread? Great job twerp.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The times are shown on each post, dimwit... it's all you.