Buchholz Might be out for the series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Buchholz Might be out for the series

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

My point was if you are talking about the current injury 2013 and he has been worth every penny of the $5.5 mil. for 2013 then why are you relating the current injury to the total contact. Do you know something that we don't know about the next four years?

Do I know something that we don't about the next 4 years?

I know exactly what the entire baseball world knows - Clay Buchholz is, now, and always will be DAY TO DAY and will never be able to make 30 starts in a season.  If you put him in your rotation, you automatically will need an extra back up starter.  And you most definetly better be prepared that he will not be able to finish the season.  I am sorry if you haven't been able to figure this out by now........one need not have crystal ball to know that people made of clay simply can not stay healthy enough to play........

OK, Gotcha. He definitely won't be worth his salary unless he starts 30 games per year.  Got it.

Don't bother debating with this guy......whenever somebody disagrees with him he puts them on 'ignore'.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

My point was if you are talking about the current injury 2013 and he has been worth every penny of the $5.5 mil. for 2013 then why are you relating the current injury to the total contact. Do you know something that we don't know about the next four years?

Do I know something that we don't about the next 4 years?

I know exactly what the entire baseball world knows - Clay Buchholz is, now, and always will be DAY TO DAY and will never be able to make 30 starts in a season.  If you put him in your rotation, you automatically will need an extra back up starter.  And you most definetly better be prepared that he will not be able to finish the season.  I am sorry if you haven't been able to figure this out by now........one need not have crystal ball to know that people made of clay simply can not stay healthy enough to play........

OK, Gotcha. He definitely won't be worth his salary unless he starts 30 games per year.  Got it.

Would you prefer to pay him $8 million next year for starting only 20 games?  and more importantly to understand that come Sept/Oct he will be useless to you......That's entirely your judgement call but if it's me, I'll pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

I really wonder if Buch has any toughness at all.    The guys had half the season off and he's tired?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:

I really wonder if Buch has any toughness at all.    The guys had half the season off and he's tired?

You have wonder about that?  He is a mental and physical weakling.  The Jury is back.  Turn on Felger and Mazz now - it's about to be the DAY TO DAY CLAY Bash Hour!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

You have wonder about that?  He is a mental and physical weakling.  The Jury is back.  Turn on Felger and Mazz now - it's about to be the DAY TO DAY CLAY Bash Hour!

If he can get his butt out there and toss six innings of great baseball for us I will be happy. I agree with you: his act is getting really old. He has had well over a month to build up his arm strength so he can throw 100 pitches. If he hasn't worked hard enough to be able to help his team in the World Series what does THAT say about his toughness?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I agree with Eddy and andrew. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This last post doesn't make you sound very adult... The Red Sox are much worse without him. You should be hoping he pitches. As for next year he isn't going anywhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Good to know that even after crushing game 1 of a world series we never expected to be in, there is still something for people to b**ch about.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

That's why Felger and Mazz have high ratings. It's not because they are informative or professional journalists but it's because they are controversial and love to insult the character of players on Boston teams. Listeners eat that stuff up. They appeal to the lowest common denominator. It's mostly entertainment that is based on speculation and few facts. Why don't you walk up to Clay and tell him face-to-face that he is a mental and physical weakling.  It's amazing that fans act this way.

They appeal to really the worst of fans. They are the definition of cowardice. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

That's why Felger and Mazz have high ratings. It's not because they are informative or professional journalists but it's because they are controversial and love to insult the character of players on Boston teams. Listeners eat that stuff up. They appeal to the lowest common denominator. It's mostly entertainment that is based on speculation and few facts. Why don't you walk up to Clay and tell him face-to-face that he is a mental and physical weakling.  It's amazing that fans act this way.

Sure, I would tell him I think he's wasting my and other fans money.  Nothing wrong with that.  I can't incite him because I could be at fault if he reacts physically.  I would have no problem telling him that he's not holding up his end of the deal directly to his face.  If he still reacts physically then I guess I'll have a nice pay day coming my way.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

This thread was in response to this news in the Globe today.

“I couldn’t really get loose. … It was a constant tightness that I felt. That’s all there is. I’m going to go. That’s my only goal, to be prepared to start on Sunday.”

Jake Peavy confirmed that he would start Game 3 on Saturday.

Buchholz, while confident he will be able to pitch, opened to the door to being scratched.

“That’s our goal, for me to be out there on Sunday. I’m going to do everything I can to make that happen and be well enough to go out there and give the team a chance to win,” he said. “If that’s me going out there at 90 percent, I’ll go out there at 90 percent.

“But if it does come down to the wire and I’m going to run out there and not help the team win, there’s no reason for me to run out there. The last couple of days have been the rehab and working with the trainers.”

Last couple of days have been rehab?  His entire career has been one great big giant never ending REHAB FEST!!!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

There are different levels of player bashing also.

You can bash because someone is injury prone and you must blame that on a player even though it isn't their fault.

You can bash the integrity and character of a player even though you are guessing and have no credibility in doing so.

Most reasonable fans would do neither.

We are talking about a guy who averages 20 starts per year and I think only one year he finished the season strong.  Think about the latest item:  he slept wrong and hurt his neck.  Out for 3 months.  He's 28.  A highly paid athlete.  OK. Fine.  He comes back.  Great. Throws 5 games for about 6 IP each.......OK, fine....and now he's back in Rehab and could be done for the season, again?  Sorry, that's the last straw for me.  I have no place for him in my rotation anymore. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have no place for him in my rotation anymore. 

OK, so he's off your fantasy team.  But he'll still be on the Red Sox next year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I have no place for him in my rotation anymore. 

OK, so he's off your fantasy team.  But he'll still be on the Red Sox next year.

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You're missing Felger and Mazz.

LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I get the frustration with Buch and his status, but I say we at least wait and see whether he pitches Sunday and what he does before writing him off forever and all that. For all we know he goes 7 shutout innings to win Game 4 and complete a sweep, and all the rage thrown his way in this thread looks pretty dumb.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I get the frustration with Buch and his status, but I say we at least wait and see whether he pitches Sunday and what he does before writing him off forever and all that. For all we know he goes 7 shutout innings to win Game 4 and complete a sweep, and all the rage thrown his way in this thread looks pretty dumb.

Yes but the Burden of Proof is on Day-To-Day Clay.  Which means until he does that, the null hypothesis is true:  He can not be counted on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

man, he's become a head scratcher....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

man, he's become a head scratcher....

please don't give him any suggestions to scratch his head - He may injure himself again!

Sections
Shortcuts