Buchholz Might be out for the series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: Buchholz Might be out for the series

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why waste time with him now?   I cannot imagine much changing between today and 3 days from now so just tell Doubrant game 4 is his.   I would feel better anyways with the lefty facing St. Louis than the "Post Kilned" Fragile Clay.

[/QUOTE]

If nothing else, you force the Cardinals to prepare for 2 guys instead of 1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why waste time with him now?   I cannot imagine much changing between today and 3 days from now so just tell Doubrant game 4 is his.   I would feel better anyways with the lefty facing St. Louis than the "Post Kilned" Fragile Clay.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, at the very least you stay away from Doubbie in G2 and G3 and tell him to prepare as if it's his.  You know, b/t June 1 and July 31th (give or take) he was perhaps our most dependable starter........I hope he just needed some rest.  All he has to do is create TILT and throw strikes and he'll be fine.......

[/QUOTE]

Not only that, you put Dumpster on notice to potentially be ready for long relief and use a guy like Workman to get through an inning if Doubrant has a bad one going on.

[/QUOTE]

Dempster?  Stay away from Dempster.  Even you refer to him as DUMPster!

I hope Clay can give us 80, get through 4 scoreless.......Then Doubrant to start a clean 5th with Workman lurking in the pen.........That would be my plan/my hope.......

[/QUOTE]

Best plan would be 5 shutout or 1 run innings, Dounbrant start the 6th, Workman, Tazawa, Breslow and Uehara to close out the sweep!   Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Pedro on WEEI now talking about Clay and he wants to get with Clay either in the pre season or at the start of training camp and suggest a different workout program that he used when he went through the rotator cuff thing in 2001 and came out and won 22 the following year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Peavy's got game 3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

What do you think about starting Doubrount and considering Clay for long relief ? Or, hopefully, put him in a game as we did with Dempster when we have say more than a 5 run lead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What do you think about starting Doubrount and considering Clay for long relief ? Or, hopefully, put him in a game as we did with Dempster when we have say more than a 5 run lead.

[/QUOTE]

I would rather start Clay and have Doubront ready for long relief.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Tired-Clay is still good for 3 innings of solid pitching before melt down starts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Tired-Clay is still good for 3 innings of solid pitching before melt down starts.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, but what's wrong with getting the solid pitching from say the 5th or 6th through the 8th.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, but what's wrong with getting the solid pitching from say the 5th or 6th through the 8th.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing at all.  But, I was responding to this specific scenario.  And, given that Doubront has at least gotten his feet wet coming out of the pen, i would rather clay stuck to his starter routine and bring in doubront for as long as necessary middle innings than vice-versa.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best pitcher first.  Better chance at getting the lead.  Buchholz hopefully can go at least 4.  Doubront goes at least 2, then you're in range of Tazawa, Breslow & Koji.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to LagunaJose's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My point was if you are talking about the current injury 2013 and he has been worth every penny of the $5.5 mil. for 2013 then why are you relating the current injury to the total contact. Do you know something that we don't know about the next four years?

[/QUOTE]

Do I know something that we don't about the next 4 years?

I know exactly what the entire baseball world knows - Clay Buchholz is, now, and always will be DAY TO DAY and will never be able to make 30 starts in a season.  If you put him in your rotation, you automatically will need an extra back up starter.  And you most definetly better be prepared that he will not be able to finish the season.  I am sorry if you haven't been able to figure this out by now........one need not have crystal ball to know that people made of clay simply can not stay healthy enough to play........

[/QUOTE]

OK, Gotcha. He definitely won't be worth his salary unless he starts 30 games per year.  Got it.

[/QUOTE]

Would you prefer to pay him $8 million next year for starting only 20 games?  and more importantly to understand that come Sept/Oct he will be useless to you......That's entirely your judgement call but if it's me, I'll pass.

[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah.  That's $400k per start.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I really wonder if Buch has any toughness at all.    The guys had half the season off and he's tired?

[/QUOTE]

You have wonder about that?  He is a mental and physical weakling.  The Jury is back.  Turn on Felger and Mazz now - it's about to be the DAY TO DAY CLAY Bash Hour!

[/QUOTE]

This last post doesn't make you sound very adult... The Red Sox are much worse without him. You should be hoping he pitches. As for next year he isn't going anywhere.

[/QUOTE]

12-1, with a 1.74.  That's conservatively worth $15M.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, at the very least you stay away from Doubbie in G2 and G3 and tell him to prepare as if it's his.  You know, b/t June 1 and July 31th (give or take) he was perhaps our most dependable starter........I hope he just needed some rest.  All he has to do is create TILT and throw strikes and he'll be fine.......

[/QUOTE]

Not only that, you put Dumpster on notice to potentially be ready for long relief and use a guy like Workman to get through an inning if Doubrant has a bad one going on.

[/QUOTE]

Dempster?  Stay away from Dempster.  Even you refer to him as DUMPster!

I hope Clay can give us 80, get through 4 scoreless.......Then Doubrant to start a clean 5th with Workman lurking in the pen.........That would be my plan/my hope.......

[/QUOTE]

That works for me.  He was light's out in September, and pitched pretty well in his last start.  I would tell me to give me his best stuff until his shoulder tires.  If we get 5 IPs, with 4 singles and 2 walks, like he had last start, I'll be really pleased.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My point was if you are talking about the current injury 2013 and he has been worth every penny of the $5.5 mil. for 2013 then why are you relating the current injury to the total contact. Do you know something that we don't know about the next four years?

[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what the entire baseball world knows - Clay Buchholz is, now, and always will be DAY TO DAY and will never be able to make 30 starts in a season.  If you put him in your rotation, you automatically will need an extra back up starter.  And you most definetly better be prepared that he will not be able to finish the season.  I am sorry if you haven't been able to figure this out by now........one need not have crystal ball to know that people made of clay simply can not stay healthy enough to play........

[/QUOTE]

OK, Gotcha. He definitely won't be worth his salary unless he starts 30 games per year.  Got it.

[/QUOTE]

Would you prefer to pay him $8 million next year for starting only 20 games?  and more importantly to understand that come Sept/Oct he will be useless to you......That's entirely your judgement call but if it's me, I'll pass.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, you could do the math that way if you prefer.  But you do realize that in September and October he will be completely useless to you right?  Remember what Lester said:  I don't care about games in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, you could do the math that way if you prefer.  But you do realize that in September and October he will be completely useless to you right?  Remember what Lester said:  I don't care about games in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Funny that you can bring this old dead horse up after you spent all of yesterday talking about the importance of context.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny that you can bring this old dead horse up after you spent all of yesterday talking about the importance of context.

[/QUOTE]

That's correct.  CONTEXT.  Games in Sept and Oct are more important.  Clay will be out of bullets by then.

Sections
Shortcuts