Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher

Too me this guy is fragile physically and emotionally.  I think we saw the apex of his career early on and from here on out he'll be a 500 pitcher who you will hold you breath on every pitch wondering if he just pulled or fractured something.  I definitely wouldnt give him anymore money and if somebody offered anything reasonable in a trade give it strong consideration even though this team is desperate for pitching.  I think this is what he'll be from here on out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher

We should of traded goatboy 2 years ago when he had a bit of value.  Just another in a series of bad management decisions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Over the past 2 years, Buchholz is 2nd in the league in ERA with 250 IPs or more.

2nd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Guess it's sort of a what have you done for me lately type of post.  3 games into the season and the crowd is in great form. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher:
    [QUOTE]Over the past 2 years, Buchholz is 2nd in the league in ERA with 250 IPs or more. 2nd.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]
    Serious question: Does that include this season's 15.75 ERA?

For what it's worth, over that period Clay Buchholz has pitched about 200 fewer innings than the other ERA leaders within those parameters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I am starting to think that Clay has been overrated by many fans.  He looks unhittable at times , but is not consistent. He has had one good year.  Not very durable either. Have to question if he will ever become a top notch starter. His performance today was beyond bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher : Serious question: Does that include this season's 15.75 ERA? For what it's worth, over that period Clay Buchholz has pitched about 200 fewer innings than the other ERA leaders within those parameters.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

just another post that demonstrates exactly how clueless joe b is.

I mean, c'mon, he couldn't find jess, Space and jete at prof thom's for opening day.

Need I say more?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher : just another post that demonstrates exactly how clueless joe b is. I mean, c'mon, he couldn't find jess, Space and jete at prof thom's for opening day. Need I say more?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]
    I hold Joebreidey in the highest regards (his politics asideWink).

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher": [QUOTE]Over the past 2 years, Buchholz is 2nd in the league in ERA with 250 IPs or more. 2nd. Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE] That's great! We'll just take comfort in that. I'm sure relieved, and thanks for setting us straight!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't agree with writing off Buch just yet, give him at least a half season of starts and see if he can stay healthy. 

The rest of this team, on the other hand.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The minute he goes 3-0 with an era under 3.00 he will end up on the 15DL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Buchholz perennial tease now a journeyman pitcher:
    [QUOTE]Too me this guy is fragile physically and emotionally.  I think we saw the apex of his career early on and from here on out he'll be a 500 pitcher who you will hold you breath on every pitch wondering if he just pulled or fractured something.  I definitely wouldnt give him anymore money and if somebody offered anything reasonable in a trade give it strong consideration even though this team is desperate for pitching.  I think this is what he'll be from here on out.
    Posted by mthomas43[/QUOTE]

I guess the Tigers should cut Scherzer too. He gave up 7 in 2 2/3rd yesterday. Even the mighty King Felix got has azz beat the other day by the A's. It happens...It's a tad too soon to throw the baby out with the bath water. Yesterday was Bucchoz first start since last June. Let say we give the kid a couple of starts or so to get his feet under him.

Three games in and already the doom and gloomers are running around proclaiming The sky is falling, the sky is falling. When in fact it's merely raining. Meanwhile the pied piper also known as Shaugnessey continues to pen articles that overstate the plight of the hometown nine and guys like you simply fall in line and hang on his every word...kind of silly...

It's only the 10th of April and we're currently tied with the Yankees so it ain't all bad....;)