Buchholz start moved back...again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Buchholz still not ready

Buchholz' start has been pushed back after still feeling some discomfort in his shoulder

Sean McAdam @Sean_McAdam 

Sox shake up rotation. Morales starts Thursday, Lester moved to Fri. Buchholz pushed back after "still feeling something" during bullpen.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Buchholz start moved back...again

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Does this mean Aceves stays in the doghouse.

Hes not available until this weekend, which is why he was obviously sent back down. I guess depending on the situation, he could get the call again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OK, officially scared and crossing fingers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In the words of that great American , Gomer Pyle , " Surprise , surprise."  It seems that Sox injuries always turn out to be worse than originally thought.  Let's just hope that this will be the last time his start is moved back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In the words of that great American , Gomer Pyle , " Surprise , surprise."  It seems that Sox injuries always turn out to be worse than originally thought.  Let's just hope that this will be the last time his start is moved back. 

Do we have the most efd up medical staff in baseball or what.  Wrong prognosis, miserable diagnoses, failure to give cat scans or MRI's or both, being wrong so much of the time with how the players are progressing.  Why can't Henry just flush these worthless bums down the drain and get some doctors and trainers who know what they're doing.  Maybe someone can tell me the last time one of these clowns made a prediction when a player would return and that player returned ahead of that time?  I can't.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

Do we have the most efd up medical staff in baseball or what.  Wrong prognosis, miserable diagnoses, failure to give cat scans or MRI's or both, being wrong so much of the time with how the players are progressing.  Why can't Henry just flush these worthless bums down the drain and get some doctors and trainers who know what they're doing.  Maybe someone can tell me the last time one of these clowns made a prediction when a player would return and that player returned ahead of that time?  I can't.

They have an all new staff this year.

Theres no structural damage. Thats already been said. Not sure why all the hate for the med staff. What were they wrong about? Do you have any info that we dont know about?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Theres no structural damage. Thats already been said. Not sure why all the hate for the med staff. What were they wrong about? Do you have any info that we dont know about?

If it's a new group I stand corrected Southpaw.  That old one?  Hell what mistakes didn't they make?  They totally screwed up Ellsbury diagnoses with his ribs in 2010, goofed badly on Pedroia's foot that June in Frisco (I was there when Pedey got hurt), the same year they missed badly on Youk's shoulder and legs.  I think they even misread Victor Martinez injury when he got slammed up that series in the Bay area where we lost Buchholz, Martinez and Pedroia all in one series.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I've commented about the questionable medical decisions in the past.

Another bizzare example was the doctor who was fired after temporarily fixing Schilling's tendon sheath....the bloody sock.  The doctor perhaps saved the world series and he gets fired....go figure.

We fail to realize that management wants people on the field who bring fans and money to the organization...period.  It's business first.  If having Ellsbury, or whoever, on the field bringing interest and the fans, then I think their diagnosis leans that way.

HOPEFULLY, the outlook on Buch is just rest so that he'll be able to perform top notch at the end of the season and beyond.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I see few actually read the article before commenting.

All tests show no structural issue or physicalissue  or strength decrease. Clay's throwing release point and every thing else in the BP showed no change.

It is only some soreness Clay still feels and Farrell stated HE made the decision to be safe.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Buchholz' start has been pushed back after still feeling some discomfort in his shoulder

Sean McAdam @Sean_McAdam 

Sox shake up rotation. Morales starts Thursday, Lester moved to Fri. Buchholz pushed back after "still feeling something" during bullpen.

Too bad southpaw,

These are the kind of things that will hurt our chances this season.  Until we find one more solid starter and another big bat the team is very vulnurable.  We can't count on Lester or Clay to stay healthy, or a guy like Gomes.  Why can't we get lucky like Tampa and get a four games series with the Marlins?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Sean McAdam @Sean_McAdam 

Too bad southpaw,

These are the kind of things that will hurt our chances this season.  Until we find one more solid starter and another big bat the team is very vulnurable.  We can't count on Lester or Clay to stay healthy, or a guy like Gomes.  Why can't we get lucky like Tampa and get a four games series with the Marlins?

he is having his start pushed to the right

not going under the knife.

Anytime your best pitcher misses two or more starts in a row its not good regardless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If it's a new group I stand corrected Southpaw.  That old one?  Hell what mistakes didn't they make?  They totally screwed up Ellsbury diagnoses with his ribs in 2010, goofed badly on Pedroia's foot that June in Frisco (I was there when Pedey got hurt), the same year they missed badly on Youk's shoulder and legs.  I think they even misread Victor Martinez injury when he got slammed up that series in the Bay area where we lost Buchholz, Martinez and Pedroia all in one series.

I agree that some of the old staff's decisions were questionable. without a doubt. But yeah, they cleaned house in that department.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I see few actually read the article before commenting.

All tests show no structural issue or physicalissue  or strength decrease. Clay's throwing release point and every thing else in the BP showed no change.

It is only some soreness Clay still feels and Farrell stated HE made the decision to be safe.

exactly Jim. Doesnt seem like much to worry about. Farrell made the decision and is being very cautious, as he should this early in the year. Im guessing he will start Sunday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i can see this being frustrating for fans though.  clay has been lights out just about every start this year.  hate to see a guy on a roll like that miss a couple turns because:  sore/injury.

this begs the question does he change mechanics when he comes back to try and avoid discomfort/injury?  missed starts never bode well for the rest of the season.....

fingers def crossed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i can see this being frustrating for fans though.  clay has been lights out just about every start this year.  hate to see a guy on a roll like that miss a couple turns because:  sore/injury.

this begs the question does he change mechanics when he comes back to try and avoid discomfort/injury?  missed starts never bode well for the rest of the season.....

fingers def crossed.

Farrell and Buch have said there have been no mechanical differences in his windup. I think Farrell giving him the extra days is to just feel secure that it wont changegoing forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Heard this morning on Comcast sports, Buch threw a bullpen yesterdayand felt better, but still some discomfort. Sounds more precautionary than anything, but hard to say, with injuries. Farrell said he may pitch Sunday. Time will tell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I thought I read that they replaced the guy who is in charge and one or two other people and that they use the same basic staff and hospital services the used before. Generally doctors in the same specialty at the same hospital practice in a similar manner because of peer review committees. You don't want to be an outlier and have made a mistake so you do essentially what everyone else is doing.

In any event, Bucky has not yet received "all the tests". An MRI has not yet been performed, just XRays. MRIs are expensive but have no radiation and are much more revealing than a simple XRay. IMO an MRI should already have been done; I think the Sox can afford it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I thought I read that they replaced the guy who is in charge and one or two other people and that they use the same basic staff and hospital services the used before. Generally doctors in the same specialty at the same hospital practice in a similar manner because of peer review committees. You don't want to be an outlier and have made a mistake so you do essentially what everyone else is doing.

In any event, Bucky has not yet received "all the tests". An MRI has not yet been performed, just XRays. MRIs are expensive but have no radiation and are much more revealing than a simple XRay. IMO an MRI should already have been done; I think the Sox can afford it.

I havent heard about an MRI either. Thats not to say they havent done on to make sure. I would think that an MLB team would give him one regardless, just to see what they have moving forward. They dont always tell the media and fans everything. Either way, there were no signs of anything before that morning he woke up after sleeping awkwardly with his daughter in his arms, so Im inclined to think its no big deal just yet..