Buchholz start moved back...again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Re: Buchholz start moved back...again

I am not worried, give him a few weeks off to make sure he is around for the post season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In the words of that great American , Gomer Pyle , " Surprise , surprise."  It seems that Sox injuries always turn out to be worse than originally thought.  Let's just hope that this will be the last time his start is moved back. 

Do we have the most efd up medical staff in baseball or what.  Wrong prognosis, miserable diagnoses, failure to give cat scans or MRI's or both, being wrong so much of the time with how the players are progressing.  Why can't Henry just flush these worthless bums down the drain and get some doctors and trainers who know what they're doing.  Maybe someone can tell me the last time one of these clowns made a prediction when a player would return and that player returned ahead of that time?  I can't.

They have an all new staff this year.

Theres no structural damage. Thats already been said. Not sure why all the hate for the med staff. What were they wrong about? Do you have any info that we dont know about?

I thought I read that they replaced the guy who is in charge and one or two other people and that they use the same basic staff and hospital services the used before. Generally doctors in the same specialty at the same hospital practice in a similar manner because of peer review committees. You don't want to be an outlier and have made a mistake so you do essentially what everyone else is doing.

In any event, Bucky has not yet received "all the tests". An MRI has not yet been performed, just XRays. MRIs are expensive but have no radiation and are much more revealing than a simple XRay. IMO an MRI should already have been done; I think the Sox can afford it.

I havent heard about an MRI either. Thats not to say they havent done on to make sure. I would think that an MLB team would give him one regardless, just to see what they have moving forward. They dont always tell the media and fans everything. Either way, there were no signs of anything before that morning he woke up after sleeping awkwardly with his daughter in his arms, so Im inclined to think its no big deal just yet..

I read in a comment that they didn't think an MRI was necessary. I have not read anything to indicate that they have done one since. They should.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Buchholz' start has been pushed back after still feeling some discomfort in his shoulder

Sean McAdam @Sean_McAdam 

Sox shake up rotation. Morales starts Thursday, Lester moved to Fri. Buchholz pushed back after "still feeling something" during bullpen.

Too bad southpaw,

These are the kind of things that will hurt our chances this season.  Until we find one more solid starter and another big bat the team is very vulnurable.  We can't count on Lester or Clay to stay healthy, or a guy like Gomes.  Why can't we get lucky like Tampa and get a four games series with the Marlins?

he is having his start pushed to the right

not going under the knife.

Anytime your best pitcher misses two or more starts in a row its not good regardless.

He has just been cleared for this Sunday according to a bucnh of the scribes at Philly.

Guess you can now quit the chicken little routine.

:) Thanks for the insightful response.  Those you have been a Sox fan for 48 years like me, we always doubt how long someone will be out of the lineup regardless what we hear or read.  The sooner Clay gets back the better!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In the words of that great American , Gomer Pyle , " Surprise , surprise."  It seems that Sox injuries always turn out to be worse than originally thought.  Let's just hope that this will be the last time his start is moved back. 

Do we have the most efd up medical staff in baseball or what.  Wrong prognosis, miserable diagnoses, failure to give cat scans or MRI's or both, being wrong so much of the time with how the players are progressing.  Why can't Henry just flush these worthless bums down the drain and get some doctors and trainers who know what they're doing.  Maybe someone can tell me the last time one of these clowns made a prediction when a player would return and that player returned ahead of that time?  I can't.

never trust a medical staff when their 1st names are LARRY, CURLY, & MOE.

Or Shemp.

Sections
Shortcuts