Buchholz "stuff"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Buchholz "stuff"

I don't pretend to be a baseball expert, but I watch a lot of baseball every season. Where do you guys think Buchholz ranks in the majors for "stuff." Honestly I think he has to be in the top 5. The combo of 4 seamer, 2 seamer, curve, and change is pretty other wordly. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Buchholz

Yeah, no question.  Pure "stuff" is some of the very best in the game.  His hurdles have been his back and between his ears.  That curve ball is inspiring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Yeah, no question.  Pure "stuff" is some of the very best in the game.  His hurdles have been his back and between his ears.  That curve ball is inspiring.

his stuff kind of reminds me of pedro actually. the plus fastball and devistating change.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Buch has the best changeup i've ever seen. He has some of the best stuff on the staff (Taz is up there too)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

At one time, on this very Board, nearly the entire Board wanted to trade Buch for Salty. That's a fact. They also wanted to trade Lester et al for Santana.

This Board has the best baseball minds of any baseball media outlet. I"ve learned a lot, here, but I still cant read or spell or control my anger, hatred and excitement.

For the record counselor, even in the depths of your back-up drive, you could never dig up a post from me advocating trading Buchholz for anyone, trading anyone for Salty, or any trade for Santana.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

We Have 2 Ace,s Lester & Buch.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

I wanted to trade Buchholz for Halladay in 2009. I'm happy we didn't, he's really maturing into a great pitcher if he can finally put together a full, healthy, productive season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

He is one of the few guys that even watching on TV you can see how ridiculous his stuff is. Even when he has struggled that has never been the issue

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

IIn response to softlaw2's comment:

At one time, on this very Board, nearly the entire Board wanted to trade Buch for Salty. That's a fact. They also wanted to trade Lester et al for Santana.

This Board has the best baseball minds of any baseball media outlet. I"ve learned a lot, here, but I still cant read or spell or control my anger, hatred and excitement.

I don't believe nearly the entire Board wanted that trade.  There were a few who did, and they said it often.  But I do not believe it was nearly the entire Board.  I know the Rangers wanted that trade, which is why the Sox didn't do it.

I think many Sox fans, from what I have read, understand that it takes time for young players to develop.  Yes, there are some very vocal posters that want to dump any player, young or old, if they have a bad week, even less.  There are also some equally vocal that want the young kids to play, no matter what.  But if you sift through a lot of this, you find a good number of posters who believe in patience.

I, too, have learned a lot from this board by keeping an open mind.  Amongst the over-zealous posters there are many good points made.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

For the record counselor, even in the depths of your back-up drive, you could never dig up a post from me advocating trading Buchholz for anyone, trading anyone for Salty, or any trade for Santana.

I was laughing at the people who wanted to trade a TOTR pitcher for a catcher...Or trade a young power LHP who was under control for a lot less and a lot less wear on his arm...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Buch has the best changeup i've ever seen. He has some of the best stuff on the staff (Taz is up there too)

I guess you never saw Pedro pitch in his prime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I was laughing at the people who wanted to trade a TOTR pitcher for a catcher...Or trade a young power LHP who was under control for a lot less and a lot less wear on his arm...

I Posted Last Season, I Like Buch, With Clip Of His No Hitter, Lester & Buch 18 Game Winners This Season.. Go Sox I Was Laughing Also......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

I don't believe nearly the entire Board wanted that trade.  There were a few who did, and they said it often.  But I do not believe it was nearly the entire Board.  I know the Rangers wanted that trade, which is why the Sox didn't do it.

I think many Sox fans, from what I have read, understand that it takes time for young players to develop.  Yes, there are some very vocal posters that want to dump any player, young or old, if they have a bad week, even less.  There are also some equally vocal that want the young kids to play, no matter what.  But if you sift through a lot of this, you find a good number of posters who believe in patience.

I, too, have learned a lot from this board by keeping an open mind.  Amongst the over-zealous posters there are many good points made.    

Absolutely agree. A certain poster likes to paint this "board" with a broad brush to try to give the impression of his "superior baseball acumen". Classic case of insecurity.

I also never promoted the idea of trading Lester or Buchholz. The "entire board" is nothing but a straw man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Absolutely agree. A certain poster likes to paint this "board" with a broad brush to try to give the impression of his "superior baseball acumen". Classic case of insecurity.

I also never promoted the idea of trading Lester or Buchholz. The "entire board" is nothing but a straw man.

+1

Wink................

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Heck, I can remember wanting to give Buchholz away.  His control issues drove me nuts.  They kind of still do.  Glad he stuck around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

You're ready to annoint them as aces after two games? Neither was much of an ace last year. I am going to reserve judgement until around July.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to wvwc61's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

I guess you never saw Pedro pitch in his prime.

Buchholz has better pure stuff than Pedro, imho.  Pedro's advantage was that he knew everything there was to know about pitching, and could hit any spot in the strikezone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Lies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

You're ready to annoint them as aces after two games? Neither was much of an ace last year. I am going to reserve judgement until around July.

After the crappy start his ERA was in the low 3's even after being rocked in his last start. He was the best pitcher the Sox had last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It wasn't a lot, but it wasn't one or two either.  Like you said, there are Red Sox 'fans' that hate the RS players so much, that they would advocate trading any one of our guys for anyone on any other team.  We had ADG saying the Hanrahan trade was a dumb trade, about a week before any players were even named.

But there were a few that wanted Buchholz traded for Salty.  And od you know why?  Because Saltalamacchia is a cool name.  Seriously, Salty was long past being considered a top prospect, and was literally available for the proverbial bag of balls.

And there were a fair amount that wanted him traded for Halladay, but that was when Halladay was one of the best in the game, so at least I could understand that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

I see pumpless and softstraw are at it again. Buch has major stuff, he is geting his head together. Pedro was the best, now watch Buch beat his numbers! Im not jumping on board, ive been saying this for 3 years! And I dont waffer on my opinions like other turds!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Affirmative......Wink...

Sections
Shortcuts