Buchholz "stuff"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Buchholz

It's great to have Farrell back and the new pitching coach (former White Sox bullpen coach) help the pitching staff. 

As of now, Lester and Buccholz is the best one-two punch in baseball. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

ice cream scares me!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

It's great to have Farrell back and the new pitching coach (former White Sox bullpen coach) help the pitching staff. 

As of now, Lester and Buccholz is the best one-two punch in baseball. 

I Agree......Ice.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to wvwc61's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Buch has the best changeup i've ever seen. He has some of the best stuff on the staff (Taz is up there too)

I guess you never saw Pedro pitch in his prime.

Buchholz has better pure stuff than Pedro, imho.  Pedro's advantage was that he knew everything there was to know about pitching, and could hit any spot in the strikezone.

Hey Joe,

In terms of pure stuff Pedro in his prime was among the greatest ever. If you look back at his late 90's perfomances before he hurt his shoulder. The guy was filthy, no disrespect to Buccholz but IMHO he fall short of Pedro in terms of "stuff". When Pedro was in his prime he'd paint with both his two seam fastball and circle change. Which both came out of his hand looking similar and both tailed to the catchers glove hand side of the plate with a 15 to 20 MPH difference. A combo he used with great success vs lefties. Against righties, he'd pound them in on thier hands with cheese and then he'd spin one of his knee buckling curve ball's...I do agree with you that Pedro aside from having "great stuff" also knew how to pitch which is why after he hurt his shoulder, he continued to have success dispite losing 10 MPH on his top end fastball. To me the definition of stuff is being able to over power hitters...Pedro in his prime could do so with just his fastball becasue of his combination of velocity, movement and location...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

There were a few who did, and they said it often. But I do not believe it was nearly the entire Board

Either you weren't here or you don't know what you are talking about. This Board wanted to trade Buch for Salty, and Lester for Santana. Those claiming "it was only a few" weren't here or refuse to admit it. Moonshwemp has admitted he wanted to trade Lester for Santana. He was one of the few who denounced trading Buch for Salty.

DevilDad doesn't post anything much beyond "nice day at the ballpark", so his meaningless comment "I never advocated trading" means nothing. He never said one word in the face of almost this entire Board wanting to deal Buch for Salty and Lester for Santana. The insecurity is a guy who trolls by becuase of his animus regarding social and political issues. He likes to run off just to disagree.

Revisionist history at its worst.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

At one time, on this very Board, nearly the entire Board wanted to trade Buch for Salty. That's a fact.

This statement could not be more laughably wrong.

Wait, and you were the ONLY ONE who didn't want to sign Crawford, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

There were a few who did, and they said it often. But I do not believe it was nearly the entire Board

Either you weren't here or you don't know what you are talking about. This Board wanted to trade Buch for Salty, and Lester for Santana. Those claiming "it was only a few" weren't here or refuse to admit it. Moonshwemp has admitted he wanted to trade Lester for Santana. He was one of the few who denounced trading Buch for Salty.

DevilDad doesn't post anything much beyond "nice day at the ballpark", so his meaningless comment "I never advocated trading" means nothing. He never said one word in the face of almost this entire Board wanting to deal Buch for Salty and Lester for Santana. The insecurity is a guy who trolls by becuase of his animus regarding social and political issues. He likes to run off just to disagree.

If you're not going to bring enough for the rest of the class to smoke, you shouldn't do it in front of us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think Buch has the best 12-6 curves and he throws them at the perfect timing.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

so we're all in agreement? Buch WILL win a CYA before his career is over?