Buchholz to DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Buchholz to DL

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/05/28/red-sox-expected-to-place-clay-buchholz-on-the-disabled-list-recall-alex-wilson-from-pawtucket/" rel="nofollow">http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/05/28/red-sox-expected-to-place-clay-buchholz-on-the-disabled-list-recall-alex-wilson-from-pawtucket/

I'd have been surprised if this was not the case at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: Buchholz to DL

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/05/28/red-sox-expected-to-place-clay-buchholz-on-the-disabled-list-recall-alex-wilson-from-pawtucket/" rel="nofollow">http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/05/28/red-sox-expected-to-place-clay-buchholz-on-the-disabled-list-recall-alex-wilson-from-pawtucket/" rel="nofollow">http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/05/28/red-sox-expected-to-place-clay-buchholz-on-the-disabled-list-recall-alex-wilson-from-pawtucket/

I'd have been surprised if this was not the case at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Who saw that coming?  Lucky for the SOX there's no limit to how many players you can have on the DL at the same time. Is Vic, Mr. DL, on the DL? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    This will make five seasons in a row that Buchholz will spent part of the month of June on the disabled list. #redsox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I hope that they find out what is wrong here, BUCK just not seem like he has it together......  Time will tell !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope that they find out what is wrong here, BUCK just not seem like he has it together......  Time will tell !!!

[/QUOTE]

Time never tells; one has to tell time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Is Alex Wilson really the best choice for Buchholz's replacement?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to davidap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Makes one wonder how bad the starters are at Pawtucket.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He just needs to see a psychotherapist chiropractor named Pedro Martinez for some rehab

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I think they should put Buchholz on an all pasta diet while he's on the DL. Bulk him up about 20 pounds. Big portions of lasagna and ravioli.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   He is just there until they need a starter this weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

The question with the DL stint is once he's ready to come back, what do you do with him?  Maybe he goes on a rehab and see how he does. I'd be very shocked if they insert him right back into the rotation, because he doesn't belong there any more. He's got the worst ERA for any qualified starter in all of baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Makes one wonder how bad the starters are at Pawtucket.

[/QUOTE]

He's not going to start. He'll be in the bullpen until Buchholz' spot comes up again. Then, they'll send him down and bring up a starter, presumably De La Rosa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

This is a phantom injury, if there ever was one.
    "Who would have guessed it possible that waiting is sustainable, a place with its own harvests -- or that in time's fullness the diamonds of patience couldn't be distinguished from genuine brilliance or hardness." --Kay Ryan.

"Everything is happening, all the time, very fast. I like that." -- Warren Ellis

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Who would have guessed it possible that waiting is sustainable, a place with its own harvests -- or that in time's fullness the diamonds of patience couldn't be distinguished from genuine brilliance or hardness." --Kay Ryan.

"Everything is happening, all the time, very fast. I like that." -- Warren Ellis

[/QUOTE]

What do you think is really going on?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He has a good swing for a Pitcher. Really surprised me, Peavy too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think Webster or Ranaudo will be the choice for his start. Wilson may wind up in a trade before the season concludes--he's a pretty darn good reliever. He appears to have moved ahead of Britton on the depth chart.

What will happen if things don't improve health wise? They will probably put him on the 60 Day DL and audition every starter in Buch's  #5 slot in the rotation at AAA and AA, if need be, to see if the cream rises to the top.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do you think is really going on?

[/QUOTE]

Since you asked....

IMO his problems are about 10" North of his shoulders and the medical team has no idea how to deal with them.  I'm hoping they figure it out because I liked the Buch we saw a year ago and I think he's still hiding in there... someplace.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Maybe his needs are greater than what Tewksbury can solve. He refuses to trust his stuff. Surely he has gone back to better days on the mound to watch tape---hey it happened to Rick Ankiel and close to home with Daniel Bard. Hopefully he will fully recover.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    This will make five seasons in a row that Buchholz will spent part of the month of June on the disabled list. #redsox

[/QUOTE]

June 8th last year was his wall so he's just a little ahead of schedule this year

I guess no one could had predicted this happening.  it's just baseball.  afterall, when he's healthy he's the best pitcher in baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D