Buchholz to see Dr. James Andrews for 2nd opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Buchholz to see Dr. James Andrews for 2nd opinion

BTW many here complained about Bailey and now we know he too was trying to pitch thru pain. Now we know he needs major surgery on his shoulder. Can also say the same about Hanrahan. Who also consulted ith Dr. Andrews

pitching with pain is outright stupid.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

This is getting ridiculous.

Why ridiculous? He has an issue that he needs to find out more. Go to one of the best in Ortho and get either a better answer than what he has or the same. Any smart person would do the same.

Yes ! Ridiculous!!! That issue should have been taken care of a month ago.There maybe something wrong but i think that baby Buch was in control and team should have demanded that he stop crying take his thumb out of this mouth and get it done with. Iwish they would dump his azz . I don't care how many wins baby boy gets.Iwould love to see this injury end his season  Give him a freaken teddybear and a suck suck.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't have to pee in your pants everytime we have an injury.  Suck it up and quit your whining.  It's unbecoming.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like too many beers at the BBQ today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

BTW many here complained about Bailey and now we know he too was trying to pitch thru pain. Now we know he needs major surgery on his shoulder. Can also say the same about Hanrahan. Who also consulted ith Dr. Andrews

pitching with pain is outright stupid.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Exactly.  How can we get mad at pitchers for not pushing through it when we've witnessed time and time again that an injured pitcher pushing through injury is a liability to a team.  This is not like football or hockey, you can be the toughest guy on the diamond but if your injury throws off your mechanics you're useless. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Dr James Andrews is an ominous sign but you never know. 

I'm going to do something wild and crazy and...wait and see.

I know it makes for a boring thread but it beats having a nutty or pretending nothing is wrong.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

[QUOTE]

As long as Buch knew from someone in the know(Dr. Andrews) that nothing will be damaged, I say deal with it.

This could be nothing more than being able to give Clay some peace of mind that he will not further damage his shoulder by pitching.  Clay stated that he couldpitch if necessary.  This leads me to believe that the pain is tolerable and that he is not pitching due to fear of doing more damage rather than not pitching because of the pain.

Beckett had an issue with his elbow a few years back, and he got the reassurance from Dr. Andrews that he needed.

At any rate, the team has been doing fine without Buchholz in the rotation.  I'd rather have him take the time now and be healthy for the last stretch than have him rush back and not be able to pitch later.

[/QUOTE]

Im beginning to think its kinda all in his head now. He needs to hear from one of the best doctors for athletes to be 100% sure hes Ok. Im cool with that. But once Andrews gives him the Ok, he needs to start ramping things up and start pitching and stop worrying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

This is getting ridiculous.

Why ridiculous? He has an issue that he needs to find out more. Go to one of the best in Ortho and get either a better answer than what he has or the same. Any smart person would do the same.

Yes ! Ridiculous!!! That issue should have been taken care of a month ago.There maybe something wrong but i think that baby Buch was in control and team should have demanded that he stop crying take his thumb out of this mouth and get it done with. Iwish they would dump his azz . I don't care how many wins baby boy gets.Iwould love to see this injury end his season  Give him a freaken teddybear and a suck suck.

You don't have to pee in your pants everytime we have an injury.  Suck it up and quit your whining.  It's unbecoming.

Looks like too many beers at the BBQ today.

don has been making dumb/ignorant comments like this the whole time Clays been hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

The  Red Sox should convert him to a reliever and forget him as a starter. 

He's 9-0.  I see that as a heck of a lot more important than an RP.  

Joe, I seldom post here but I totally agree with AL34's comment.......  He maybe 9-0 but he isn't pitching now either is he???   We need him for full seasons, not half seasons.  I was thinking exactly what AL34 posted maybe we should consider if having him a full season as a middle relief or maybe even  sometimes closer is of more benefit to the team than 9-0 but on the DL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Clay Buchholz got the same result from Dr. Andrews as the Sox medical staff gave him. A little inflammation and he can continue throwing. Maybe Clay will feel comfortable enough now to maybe push himself without worrying about further damage.

Nick Cafardo @nickcafardo 

Dr Andrews concurs with Red Sox doc opinion no structural damage just inflammation in Buchholz neck. Will continue throwing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Farrell said after receiving good report from dr Andrews buchholz more willing to pitch with discomfort

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Clay Buchholz got the same result from Dr. Andrews as the Sox medical staff gave him. A little inflammation and he can continue throwing. Maybe Clay will feel comfortable enough now to maybe push himself without worrying about further damage.

Dr Andrews concurs with Red Sox doc opinion no structural damage just inflammation in Buchholz neck. Will continue throwing

whew emoticon photo: Whew 3D_emoticon_138.gif

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Exhale.

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Exhale.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Shoop shoop......

ok, that was a little on the pink side of life, but I couldnt resist....

14. This post has been removed.