buchholz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

buchholz

can not see what his problem isnhis stuff is still good and he is getting nailed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: buchholz

he pitched ok, we cant hit lefties apparently

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

The OP is from someone who wasn't watching the game and somehow Georom agrees with him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

he's got such a nasty changeup(one of the best in the league experts say) but he doesn't throw it enough.  He's trying to much to pitch to contact.  Needs to go for the strikeout more often.  He still isn't all the way there yet, but he's getting better.  Wasn't ready out of spring training never pitched more than 4 innings.  That's why he has tired out at the end of his starts.  But I believe he's about to take off and have a great rest of the season starting in May.  He will only get better after every start. 

By the end of the year he'll have 15 wins and a 3.35 ERA.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

In Response to Re: buchholz:
    [QUOTE]The OP is from someone who wasn't watching the game and somehow Georom agrees with him.
    Posted by Natick-Ned[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He "pitched more to contact" last season, and did quite well. It's not a matter 'missed bats'.

He's fair game when his pitches are up in the zone. And that's plagued him in every start. Nothing wrong with his velocity. In fact, his FB command is as good as it was last year. He has a varied repertoire, and because of this refining his mechanics can be problematic.

He mentioned he's concerned with the walks and the dingers. Tonight, he made much headway in these areas. The drawback was, too many of pitches were getting too much of the plate. Also, this is a pretty good O's line-up.

It's just a bit of a slow start. Once he consistently finds the lower portion of the plate, he'll be as good as anybody in the SR.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

natickdick how do you know if i am watching the game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

HOW IS IT CLAY'S FAULT IF THE TEAM CAN'T
    HIT A LICK, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT FALLS
    BEHIND. IN ONE OF THE MIDDLE INNINGS,
    WE GOT TWO OR THREE STRAIGHT HITS, AND
    AGON MADE OUT. "STATION TO STATION" IS
    THE RED SOX GAME, AND UNFORTUNATELY,
    IT CANNOT WIN IN THE AL EAST, AS THE BIRDS
    SHOWED. THEY JUST HAVE BETTER HITTING
    THAN THE SOX, DESPITE US GETTING AGON.
    MARKAKIS, ROBERTS , JONES, SCOTT, AND
    VLAD ARE BETTER THAN ANYTHING THE SOX
    CAN PUT UP THERE, AND IF THE BIRDS
    PITCHING IS DECENT, THEY WILL SWEEP THE
    SOX. ON SUNDAY, THE BIRDS ACTUALLY
    BEAT THE YANKS...ANDINO WAS SAFE AT
    HOME IN THE 9TH BUT THE UMP WAS GONNA
    CALL HIM OUT BECAUSE IT WAS THE YANKS
    THEY WERE PLAYING. THAT'S THE WAY
    BASEBALL IS. CALL IT ANYTHING YOU LIKE,
    BUT THE BOUNCE OF THE BALL GOES TO THE
    YANKS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

umm this O's Lineup has been horrible all year so far.  Derek Lee is way past his prime, so is Vlad, Markakis has diclined the past few years.  Brian Roberts is on the decline.  Mark Reynonlds hit under .200 last year.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Vlad didn't look old to me. Markakis has never had anything to play for beyond a contract. That could change this year. Reynolds has power to spare.
    Scott/Jones/Wieters - these guys have yet to hit their stride.
    The O's are 2nd in the A.L. in hitting with RISP (.311), which is what it's all about.

We'll just see what their numbers are by mid-summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]he's got such a nasty changeup(one of the best in the league experts say) but he doesn't throw it enough.  He's trying to much to pitch to contact.  Needs to go for the strikeout more often.  He still isn't all the way there yet, but he's getting better.  Wasn't ready out of spring training never pitched more than 4 innings.  That's why he has tired out at the end of his starts.  But I believe he's about to take off and have a great rest of the season starting in May.  He will only get better after every start.  By the end of the year he'll have 15 wins and a 3.35 ERA.  
    Posted by Wingman23[/QUOTE]

Threw the change a lot tonight . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Oh well.  The Red Sox better be ready tomorrow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]he pitched ok, we cant hit lefties apparently
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    If giving up 12 hits is "ok," then I hate to see what your standards for horrible are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'm not worried yet.  His stuff is there he just has to do a better job executing it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

I think the departure of vmart has something to do with this. They were in a groove for a while last year. Either way, he'll just get better. No worries.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Hopefully Dice and Lackey hold up. If they do he's our #5. Who do the Yankees have at #5?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]he's got such a nasty changeup(one of the best in the league experts say) but he doesn't throw it enough.  He's trying to much to pitch to contact.  Needs to go for the strikeout more often.  He still isn't all the way there yet, but he's getting better.  Wasn't ready out of spring training never pitched more than 4 innings.  That's why he has tired out at the end of his starts.  But I believe he's about to take off and have a great rest of the season starting in May.  He will only get better after every start.  By the end of the year he'll have 15 wins and a 3.35 ERA.  
    Posted by Wingman23[/QUOTE]

Eckersley said just the opposite right b4 the game last night before i left for work. He said Buch wasnt pitching to contact enough and was relying too much and using his CU too much. I didnt get to see the game so I have no idea if he did. ill see it on my DVR today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully Dice and Lackey hold up. If they do he's our #5. Who do the Yankees have at #5?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Freddy Garcia he's got an 0.69 ERA but it doesn't matter our bullpen can't hold a lead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamithink. Show iamithink's posts

it appears BUCHHOLZ has developed DICE-K syndrome. slower than heck and no trust in his pitches.
    BUCHHOLZ projects no confidence on the mound and the hitters pick up on that.
    it's definitely a HEAD-PROBLEM. maybe he should remove it from a certain orifice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: buchholz : If giving up 12 hits is "ok," then I hate to see what your standards for horrible are.
    Posted by StatsFromLouie[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Plus he let runners reach in every inning, and couldn't get the ground ball when he needed it, hence three SF's.
    He did go 6 2/3 though and walked just two (one intentional). The O's did hit some ropes off him however.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's early eyt, but where are all the posters that said Buch would repeat his 2010 numbers?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildcat66. Show wildcat66's posts

Was the Buchholz of 2010 a fluke?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

[QUOTE]It's early eyt, but where are all the posters that said Buch would repeat his 2010 numbers?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Name them, because in the “was buchholz lucky” thread started by our homegrown statistician 791 the overall consensus was you should expect an increase in ERA from last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

He uses the change far too much. It should be his "out" pitch. As a matter of fact, he tends to rely on the off-speed stuff whenever he gets in trouble. He has a good FB when he can locate it and keep it down. He shakes off both catcher's too much instead of trusting their pitch calling. He hasn't been a big league pitcher long enough to know what to throw in certain situations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Alibi Ike, were you Ike Delock who was a Boston pitcher from the late 1950s?

Sections
Shortcuts