Bucholtz questionable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Buchholz questionable?

saw this on yahoo..fwiw

http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston-red-sox/buchholz-question-mark-series-start?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Bucholtz questionable?

In response to michaelsjr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

saw this on yahoo..fwiw

http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston-red-sox/buchholz-question-mark-series-start?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess we'll hear more about it throughout the day. If Buch is questionable, Peavy is probably moved up to game 3.  It's a good opportunity for Peavy to redeem himself for his stinker inning against Detroit.  Fits in well with this whole Red Sox redemption theme.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Bucholtz? Oh, BUCHHOLZ.  B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z. Here's a little game to play, "B" Be the best speller you can be. "U" You can do this. "C" see the double "h" coming next? "HH", "O" Oh, you're almost there. "L" and "Z", dont be LA-ZY and add the "T", it's prounounced but not really there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

saw this on yahoo..fwiw

Sound's like speculative journalism by the reporter. We'll soon find out...Not sure that Doubront and Thornton pitching to live hitters and working with the pitching coach is news...It might have more to do with Morales roster spot than Buchholz...since Niether of them have seen any meaniful action having them throw to live hitters might well just be to help keep them sharp and allow our boys a chance to take a few hacks off live pitching to keep thier timing sharp, given the amount of off days...

Interesting that no other news organization has picked up the story...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bucholtz? Oh, BUCHHOLZ.  B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z. Here's a little game to play, "B" Be the best speller you can be. "U" You can do this. "C" see the double "h" coming next? "HH", "O" Oh, you're almost there. "L" and "Z", dont be LA-ZY and add the "T", it's prounounced but not really there!

[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm........'see' begins with 'S'.....not 'C' "Captain Speller".....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hopefully my spelling error was corrected thanks to edit option.  You may rest easy now.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

saw this on yahoo..fwiw

[/QUOTE]

Look alike he may have re-injured himself again like he did it this summer.  But of course, he or his team do not want to leak that information to anyone.   Bucholtz probably do want to continue pitching, but Farrell have to wait and see how the Sox do in the first two games. IF Sox win the first two, and it is more likely Peavy will start game 3, and if they do win that game.  Then why bother to risk Bucholtz's career if he have to pitch the next one.  Doubront can just pitch game four at the same time Bucholtz can just be shut down for the season.  If they lose game 3, the Sox can start all over with Lester, Lackey and Peavy for the last three games.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The guy's made of glass.  I'd take a healthy Doubie over a slightly dinged up Buch any day.  Keep in mind ST.L does not have good numbers vs' LHP as well..... Don't get me wrong...I'd love to have a healthy Buch starting but if the reality is he isn't then we have a solid backup that could take the ball.  This COULD be a good thing.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

UPDATE, 9:45 p.m.: Two baseball sources said that Buchholz remains in the rotation and is expected to pitch in St. Louis on Saturday or Sunday. But the Sox had enough concern to prepare Doubront.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I wish his momma named him IRON!  That dude is made of Clay.  If you really on "Clay" to take you all the way, you get what you deserve...........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Dempster is still on the roster right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes

[/QUOTE]

where is the official roster?  Thornton is on so either a position player is off or Morales is gone

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m

#RedSox made no roster changes before the World Series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 1m

#RedSox made no roster changes before the World Series.

[/QUOTE]

thx

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hello?  Clay Buchholz is ALWAYS questionable.  Every day.  Every start.  He will ALWAYS be listed as "DAY TO DAY.  His new nickname from this point forward shall be "DAY TO DAY".

Clay "DAY TO DAY" Buchholz questionable?  Nothing new to report here..........

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Went to see Crawford a few times this summer. He is finally healthy.

[/QUOTE]

Something tells me you and Bill ride the same bus....that's not as long as the other buses....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL. I told my cousins who are Dodger fans that signing Crawford was a huge mistake since I was sure that he would never get healthy or return to what he once was with Tampa Bay. I was wrong.

[/QUOTE]

PIKE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Everybody loved him when he was winning game after game after game.

Everybody loved him when he pitched a no hitter.

We have a great team of over acheivers, a season, no one expected or saw coming ( the experts, anyway).

They disposed of Tampa Bay and the great David Price and Evan Longoria.

They disposed of the Detroit Tigers and the greatest starting pitching staff on the planet, the world's greatest hitter ( sarcasm).

This board loves to kick players when they are down.

Case in point : The "get rid of Napoli" threads mid summer when he was slumping. After the Detroit series ....anyone wish Napoli was sacked?...I didn't think so.

How about we stay positive in this most refreshingly incredible of seasons?

Do you people constantly need to look for the negative? the guy who's hurt or slumping?

It's clear that Buchholz needs to work on stamina and conditioning. It is also

clear that he is a pitcher with great stuff. How many "great" pitchers are there in MLB right now?...not that many.

Where are all the Lackey haters?

I'll bet all the people who bash struggling players constantly were the drunks who got cut from their beer league softball teams because they tripped over firstbase everytime or the dweebs who couldn't make the team in Little League.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Is he really questionable? or did he just get pushed back a start?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is he really questionable? or did he just get pushed back a start?

[/QUOTE]

no idea how reliable these articles are, but here's a follow up to one posted earlier..again, this is coming from yahoo...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-buchholz-could-miss-game-162557115--mlb.html

Sections
Shortcuts