Buck and Mccarver sound so distraught over SOX win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Buck and Mccarver sound so distraught over SOX win

The timing seems to be different on different TVs. My HD is a second or two behind my older TV. Radio will always be ahead of it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I am writing a book............title. 50 ways to fist mcCarver. nuff said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The timing seems to be different on different TVs. My HD is a second or two behind my older TV. Radio will always be ahead of it. 

[/QUOTE]

I have 2 TV's - one is w/ an HD box and other other with SD box....The HD lags like 3 or 4 seconds behind

Didn't the box sets for 04 and 07 have WEEI overdubbed?  I have them but of course, they remained in the wrapping, completely sealed and never opened!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

The reason the Foxcasters may have seemed distraught over the Sox comeback win may be that they want ratings and ratings need star power, and Detroit has more star power than RS. What their puny brains don't realize is that the game is the star, and makes the stars!  Go Sox.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

My brother and I talked about this last season and I'm convinced there IS in fact an anti Red Sox bias emanating from that duo. I don't think they like us one bit, and I am positive the resent our Red Sox Nation's fans attending out of town games like we do. It will just make our victory all the sweeter!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you guys know that Max Sherzer is, apparently, the only pitcher in the majors, smart enough to vary the time he holds the ball, to disrupt a base stealers timing?

I was amazed to learn this...

[/QUOTE]

He's probably also the only pitcher with two different eye colors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Remember McCarver was a Red Sox from '74-'75.  But he's a total favoritist for the Cards. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Couldn't say. Had the sound off for both games. The game threads are all the chatter I need. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if this makes them Red Sox "haters" or not, but did you also notice that when they interviewed Tigers' players the interview lasted the entire half-inning (in spite of a game going on around it) and when they interviewed Lester they asked him one question and then they HAD to get back to the game?
    Maybe it's just me but I found that to be insulting to the Red Sox and their fans.

[/QUOTE]

Lester was taped, Scherzer was live.  My thought on that Scherzer was actually able to hold a conversation on air.  Lester has never struck me as the sharpest tool in the chest and perhaps he was just giving unintelligible answers,which is why they cut him short.  Either way, frankly, I think these dugout interview are just a stupid practice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe Buck is a big part of why I don't watch these games on TV, but listen on the radio instead. He's insipid. I remember watching the '07 series with the TV on mute, and the radio playing in the bckground. Unfortunately, they didn't sync very well, so I switched to radio only. 

[/QUOTE]

The computer is a bit faster than tv but I still use both.  When the sox do well it's fun to hear it then see it.  When they don't do well at least I'm prepared for what's to come ;0)

[/QUOTE]

I get my regular season baseball on mlb radio, with gameday as my visual. I only watch TV for the post season (and therefore have had no use for it since 2008). Believe it or not, in 2007, I watched it on broadcast television. With bunny-ears antennae. Remember that?

[/QUOTE]

LOL, yes I do!  Those things were such a pain.  I also remember watching the tv repair man removing and testing the tubes, lots of fun for a little kid. 

If I'm on the patio I'll listen to the game on my computer and use game day as my visual.  Listening to the game brings back memories of my dad sitting in the kitchen with the game on.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couldn't say. Had the sound off for both games. The game threads are all the chatter I need. :)

[/QUOTE]

Awww............ I feel special Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It does appear like they're rooting against the RS some; a little surprising since McCarver is a RS alum; although I'm sure he favors the Cardinals/Phillies. However, claiming they're distraught is a stretch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never bash the announcers but i think theres some real validity there about the anti-Sox bias....whatever though

Big Papi doesn't need their accolades - this is HIS F'n town!

[/QUOTE]

Funny, I was not bashing them either. Just stating what I heard during the game, the anti Sox bias. What a finish. What a night for Boston sports......

[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed. It was a great night. You have to understand what New England represents in the eyes of the rest of the country. Cold, miserable and a bunch of rebels who kicked off a war that most in the rest of the colonies at the time didn't want. Except New England. Hell, New York didn't even vote yay on the Declaration. They abstained. So what does that tell you? The Anti-New England bias is very real and I am sure this is part of the reason why. The people who say they don't hear bias are deaf. And partly the same as the people who see wrong but refuse to do anything about it for the sake of not causing trouble. To wit, had Ted Williams and DiMaggio been swapped, Williams would have been the bigger talk. By far, much liKe DiMaggio. You can't do anything about it, which makes the championships by all the pro teams in the past decade even sweeter. That's how you make them feel pain. To say it isn't there is ludicrous. I listened to the As/Tigers broadcast. Eck and Orsillo. That was how you do it. They cheered both teams equally. That was impartiality. Contrast that with the Rays series or now, and it's clear as day. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Buck is well respected in the business. He gets all the big baseball and football games for a reason.  It is not just him and McCarver. We heard the same complaining about the TBS guys, including a pro like Smoltz. Same thing with the ESPN guys and opposing team's home announcers. I think it is now predictable that many Sox fans are always going to complain about the announcers. Sounds a little paranoid. Same thing with the umpires, by the way.

[/QUOTE]

Oh and this too. Listening to Felger and Mazz today. They said West had zero impact Saturday night. That his strike zone was excellant.  Then, they break out stats saying these umps in this series are in the bottom half of the league in strike zone accuracy. And that West ranks the lowest out of the crew and I think the number was out of 83 he ranked 76. 76th worst out of 83. Yeah, his strike zone was excellent.  That's not paranoia. That's fact. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

McCarver was actually cut by the Sox and has never been warm towards them, but I wouldn't say he's anti Red Sox. He's just not a good anouncer, adds little and needs to retire.  Buck doesn't care one way or another.  I think he's, actually pretty good and like him with Troy Aikman.  The TBS announcers are just plain awful.  Just lower the volume on both LCS's.

Please don't use Felger and Mazzhole objective sources, they are the Ron Borges of the air waives, constantly hoisting the counter view by cherry picking stats.  As for Mr West, my big complaint is not checking with the base umps on check swings. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember McCarver was a Red Sox from '74-'75.  But he's a total favoritist for the Cards. 

[/QUOTE]

Ken Harrelson was also an ex Red Soxer, and he sux big time as an announcer.

[/QUOTE]

and you can put that on the boardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!  YES!

(that made me wanna throw up in my own mouth every time I heard it)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you guys know that Max Sherzer is, apparently, the only pitcher in the majors, smart enough to vary the time he holds the ball, to disrupt a base stealers timing?

I was amazed to learn this...

[/QUOTE]

hahahaha.  +1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Just nonsense.  I'm sorry but it is.  There is absolutely no basis for assuming announcers have a bias against a particular team.  If anything, Fox should favor the Sox because we are likely to bring in higher ratings for the WS.

Unless you were blind, you had to see in both games 1 and 2 that the story was the complete dominance of the Tigers starters Sanchez and Scherzer.  The Tigers set a playoff record for the most K's in two games, 32.  Sanchez had 12 in 6 innings, and the bullpen had 5 more in the last 3 innings.  Plus we got one scratch single by Nava.  If you were't talking about the dominance of the Tigers pitching for the entire first 16 innings of this ALCS, you were blind and deaf.  Then the 8th inning rally in game 2 swept in like a tornado with absolutely no warning.  Every Red Sox fan in the entire RSN was as astounded as the Fox announcers must have been. 

As for Joe West, I don't like him because he is a prima donna, but I thought he called one of his better games in game 1.  He was not the problem.  Sanchez and his assortment of 6 different pitches, including a 95-96 mph fastball, was the problem. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just nonsense.  I'm sorry but it is.  There is absolutely no basis for assuming announcers have a bias against a particular team.  If anything, Fox should favor the Sox because we are likely to bring in higher ratings for the WS.

Unless you were blind, you had to see in both games 1 and 2 that the story was the complete dominance of the Tigers starters Sanchez and Scherzer.  The Tigers set a playoff record for the most K's in two games, 32.  Sanchez had 12 in 6 innings, and the bullpen had 5 more in the last 3 innings.  Plus we got one scratch single by Nava.  If you were't talking about the dominance of the Tigers pitching for the entire first 16 innings of this ALCS, you were blind and deaf.  Then the 8th inning rally in game 2 swept in like a tornado with absolutely no warning.  Every Red Sox fan in the entire RSN was as astounded as the Fox announcers must have been. 

As for Joe West, I don't like him because he is a prima donna, but I thought he called one of his better games in game 1.  He was not the problem.  Sanchez and his assortment of 6 different pitches, including a 95-96 mph fastball, was the problem. 

[/QUOTE]

Joe West had a good game, for Joe West.

But, the FOX coverage was crap.

15 solid minutes of how Sherzer holds the ball? Really?

That's good coverage in your book?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For as much as the Tigers pitchers dominated, the Sox still had a great chance to tie it up in the 9th in game one and perhaps steal a victory. It did not happen, but they had a chance. Too only lose 1-0 with such a dominated Tiger's pitched game has to also say something about how the Sox pitched and played too. But they were too focused on Scherzer. As for game 2 much of the same dominance until the Sox capitalized on their chances. So for all the Tigers dominance the series is 1-1. Not too shabby SOX.

So, the question is, will we hear anything about the Sox tonight or will the broadcast be dominated by the announcers parading on and on about Verlander? Well, I don't think so. I think the SOX get to Verlander today leaving the announcers looking for the Scherzer show again. HA. GO SOX 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

2 things are certain.

a)  mcarver will bring up a player he played with 42 years ago.

2)  buck will get a chubbie if the sox dont get a hit the first 3 innings

Sections
Shortcuts