Buck and Mccarver sound so distraught over SOX win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Re: Buck and Mccarver sound so distraught over SOX win

Buck is a fairly good narrator, no comparison with Orsillo or Scully, thou, but the real pain  in the a... Is McCarver, with pedantic comments and irrelevant long  data in the middle of the  precise action of the game... A remedy, of course, just mute tv and listen to weei... Tim is also a yankee pawn!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Good debate topic, but I have to say that not only is McCarver terrible every single week as a color commentator he is also very much anti Red Sox.

He about has to choke when he has to say something good about the Sox and has always been this way.

Even right now he almost had a heart attack when Verlander struck out Drew.

Anyway, it was mentioned that Fox really wants the Sox to win and play Los Angeles for World Series ratings, but that does not mean that McCarver feels this way.

Why couldn't he have been assigned to the National League series?

And, thank God that he not going to be around any more after the next couple of weeks.   Whomever Fox decides to put on the game of the week will be better than McCarver is or every was.  He should have been fired years and years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's such a love fest w. the Tigers and those clowns

How many times today did Tim say " he's the best I have ever seen"?

And Fister gets 5 minutes on air and Jake gets 30 seconds?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Love it. NAPS goes yard and Mccarver can't even talk about it. Bring on the Fister show. The SOX are ready because Peavy is ready to rock and roll. Lackey goes toe to toe with their(Buck/Mccaver) dream pitcher Verlander and wins. How 'bout them apples. You can tell it pains them to say anything other than Tigers this or Tigers that. Well the SOX pitching has been pretty darn good themselves. Actually they earned a 2-1 advantage in the series. Well played SOX. Keep it rolling

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Love it. NAPS goes yard and Mccarver can't even talk about it. Bring on the Fister show. The SOX are ready because Peavy is ready to rock and roll. Lackey goes toe to toe with their(Buck/Mccaver) dream pitcher Verlander and wins. How 'bout them apples. You can tell it pains them to say anything other than Tigers this or Tigers that. Well the SOX pitching has been pretty darn good themselves. Actually they earned a 2-1 advantage in the series. Well played SOX. Keep it rolling

It could easily be 3-0, Lester pitched a gem

I tell what - did you hear them moan on the called K to JP in the 9th?  It was border line.....You didn't hear them moan about any bad calls against the Sox.  That was the last straw for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LosParanoias. Show LosParanoias's posts

They're both St. Louis guys, so if they get past Dodgers the WS will be brutal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

It could easily be 3-0, Lester pitched a gem

I tell what - did you hear them moan on the called K to JP in the 9th?  It was border line.....You didn't hear them moan about any bad calls against the Sox.  That was the last straw for me.

Agreed that's why the people on this forum who say they aren't are a bunch of losers. My Dad had some people over the house who aren't die hard Sox fans. Just casual at best. They were saying how awful the announcers were. That everything Detroit did was awesome and barely anything the Sox did was.  I think the a** clowns who come on here and ignore something that is so blatantly true, are some of the lowest people out there. Because they are delusional or dumb. They strive to make others feel bad. That makes me laugh. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just proving my point. This is a national telecast. You expect the announcers to reflect your views ? Absolutely ridiculous. You come off sounding like entitled , spoiled brats. These games are being watched by Sox fans , Tigers fans and many neutral baseball fans. I have no doubt that the neutral fans are not seeing any bias in the announcers. I have no doubt that the Tiger fans do not feel that they are being catered to.  Stop being so paranoid. Listen to everything that is being said, not just what you disagree with. I am all Red Sox, all the time, and I do not see anything wrong with the announcing. We are having a wonderful run this year. This is the big stage. You are not watching NESN. Stop with the nonsense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Just proving my point. This is a national telecast. You expect the announcers to reflect your views ? Absolutely ridiculous. You come off sounding like entitled , spoiled brats. These games are being watched by Sox fans , Tigers fans and many neutral baseball fans. I have no doubt that the neutral fans are not seeing any bias in the announcers. I have no doubt that the Tiger fans do not feel that they are being catered to.  Stop being so paranoid. Listen to everything that is being said, not just what you disagree with. I am all Red Sox, all the time, and I do not see anything wrong with the announcing. We are having a wonderful run this year. This is the big stage. You are not watching NESN. Stop with the nonsense.

Key is I don't want to watch NESN for the playoffs. I like hearing stats and excitement when in this instance Verlander paints the corner on a heater. He's one of the best in the game. I like that. This is the playoffs, and there are great players (outside of Crawford) on all the teams. I want equal though. And it not even what they talk about, it's the excitement in their voices when the Tigers do something and much different when the Red Sox do. It's a notch below. That's not entitlement nor is it spoiled. It's about the neutrality.  For some reason you don't see or hear it. Lots of others do, and again, including people who I know for a fact don't have a real horse in this race. Listen, the 2013 Red Sox are a pox on MLB. It was supposed to be the Rays, or Blue Jays or the Tigers coming out of the AL. Not the upstart Red Sox. I'm happy as hell they are here and nothing changes that. Doesn't allow people to have valid disagreements with the announcers or the umpires. Today was the very best strike zone. Compared to Saturday both pitchers got the calls here and there.  Lets just hope they keep the train rolling best they can.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Just nonsense.  I'm sorry but it is.  There is absolutely no basis for assuming announcers have a bias against a particular team.  If anything, Fox should favor the Sox because we are likely to bring in higher ratings for the WS.

Unless you were blind, you had to see in both games 1 and 2 that the story was the complete dominance of the Tigers starters Sanchez and Scherzer.  The Tigers set a playoff record for the most K's in two games, 32.  Sanchez had 12 in 6 innings, and the bullpen had 5 more in the last 3 innings.  Plus we got one scratch single by Nava.  If you were't talking about the dominance of the Tigers pitching for the entire first 16 innings of this ALCS, you were blind and deaf.  Then the 8th inning rally in game 2 swept in like a tornado with absolutely no warning.  Every Red Sox fan in the entire RSN was as astounded as the Fox announcers must have been. 

As for Joe West, I don't like him because he is a prima donna, but I thought he called one of his better games in game 1.  He was not the problem.  Sanchez and his assortment of 6 different pitches, including a 95-96 mph fastball, was the problem. 

Agree. Great post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

This is an incredible time to be a Red Sox fan.  It's glorious.  Why focus so much attention on Buck and McCarver regardless of how you feel about them?  If you don't like them, turn the damn volume down.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

All of Twitter was questioning whether Scherzer was hired as the third man on their crew for the game. That's in between Joe West trending above and beyond the Red Sox during the game. If that's not a sign of a problem, I don't know what is..

That interview was soooooooooooooooooooo long, it's like they didn't even care that Sox fans weren't all that interested in talking with him for 10 hours.

Seriously, he's not that fascinating. #moveon

Well said Kimsays. I hope Verlander implodes on Tuesday just so I can hear what the 2 have to say......

I already made my prediction for Tuesday. VERLANDER GOES DOWN. Happy trails Verlander. Hope those two can get over it. They're so in love with Scherzer, especially Joefreakenbuck, I wonder if they're even going to be paying attention to a game he's not in. Guess that means he's going to be interviewed for another 10 hours...not sure if I'd rather lose than have that happen. lol

....Verlander goes down! I'm 3 for 3! Great game by Lackey. So happy for Napoli as well. And who has a better bullpen than us? Incredible! Love these guys!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Buck is a fairly good narrator, no comparison with Orsillo or Scully, thou, but the real pain  in the a... Is McCarver, with pedantic comments and irrelevant long  data in the middle of the  precise action of the game... A remedy, of course, just mute tv and listen to weei... Tim is also a yankee pawn!

McCarver is the real drag on the telecast.  Tim was a decent color guy at one time, but that time passed 15 years ago, and he's getting worse.

Buck is a professional.  Is he a hall-of-famer like his father?  No.  But he's okay.  Recall his description of the end of the 2004 World Series:  "Back to Foulke.  Red Sox fans have longed to hear it.  The Boston Red Sox are World Champions. " 

Then silence for about a minute, letting the moment play out, before coming back with "It has been 86 years.  Generations have come and gone". 

There are many who would have talked over it; he did not.  Joe did that perfectly. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

No.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to LosParanoias' comment:

they already did a St Louis v Red Sox world series broadcast 9 years ago....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:

In response to Javi60's comment:

McCarver is the real drag on the telecast.  Tim was a decent color guy at one time, but that time passed 15 years ago, and he's getting worse.

Buck is a professional.  Is he a hall-of-famer like his father?  No.  But he's okay.  Recall his description of the end of the 2004 World Series:  "Back to Foulke.  Red Sox fans have longed to hear it.  The Boston Red Sox are World Champions. " 

Then silence for about a minute, letting the moment play out, before coming back with "It has been 86 years.  Generations have come and gone". 

There are many who would have talked over it; he did not.  Joe did that perfectly. 

That was a great call.  Very poetic. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So how many times did McCarver say "he's the best I've ever seen at __________"?

I know he said Cabrera is the best hitter on the planet and that "no one likes hitting more with the 2 strikes than Cabrera".........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LosParanoias. Show LosParanoias's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to LosParanoias' comment:

they already did a St Louis v Red Sox world series broadcast 9 years ago....

I'm well versed in all that transpired in '04, but I'd just like to go on record as saying that I made no mention of who the Cards opponent might be in the WS this year. I already cost us game 1 by inadvertantly leaving a hat on my bed and I can not be a part of any further jinxing...

I don't believe in Bambinos... but the Curse of Me is a very real threat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Every time McCarver uses the phrase, "The best in the game" or "the best I have ever seen", everyone on the game thread needs to do a shot.  But the 6th inning the game boards will be hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Every time McCarver uses the phrase, "The best in the game" or "the best I have ever seen", everyone on the game thread needs to do a shot.  But the 6th inning the game boards will be hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

They are hilarious as it is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

you guys really need to let this go Smile...we all know TMac is known to take off on flights of fancy and to talk a subject to death..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How about you listen to Felger and Mazz and do a shot every time Mazz says "OK" after every 3 sentences?

How is he allowed to have a radio show when he can't speak no good English?

I had to stop listening it got so bad.  If I want to hear "OKAAAAAY" after every 3 sentences I'd watch my Sopranos Box Set or pull out Goodfellas...............OKAAAAAY!!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

I think they are fair and balanced,  If anything Buck seems to be a Boston fan.  Turn down the volume if it is bothersome.

I do and have no trouble following what's going on.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts