Buck "Mart-Teen-ez"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Buck "Mart-Teen-ez"

For all of the Red Sox fans who have to resort to listening to the announcers of other teams when the Sox play on the road because we use MLB Extra Innings, I would like to nominate Mr. Buck Mart-tinez as possibly being the most annoying of these announcers.

It just baffles (and annoys me greatly) that a guy with a Hispanic last name cannot pronounce David Ortiz's name correctly.   Not only cannot he pronounce it correctly, he has been doing it wrong for years and years to the point that it looks like he is doing it wrong on purpose to be aggrivating.

If anyone has a way to contact Mr. "Mart-Tinez please tell him that although Ortiz is a short name and does have two syllables that there is no second "t" in the guy's name and that David himself pronounces it "Or-teez"  and not "OrT-Teez".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Buck

In response to charliedarling's comment:

For all of the Red Sox fans who have to resort to listening to the announcers of other teams when the Sox play on the road because we use MLB Extra Innings, I would like to nominate Mr. Buck Mart-tinez as possibly being the most annoying of these announcers.

It just baffles (and annoys me greatly) that a guy with a Hispanic last name cannot pronounce David Ortiz's name correctly.   Not only cannot he pronounce it correctly, he has been doing it wrong for years and years to the point that it looks like he is doing it wrong on purpose to be aggrivating.

If anyone has a way to contact Mr. "Mart-Tinez please tell him that although Ortiz is a short name and does have two syllables that there is no second "t" in the guy's name and that David himself pronounces it "Or-teez"  and not "OrT-Teez".

It's things like this that keep me from moving out of New England.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I used to get aggravated on Sunday night baseball when John whatshisname use to extenuate Adrian Beltre's last name...why do announcers do that. everyone including the player pronounces their last name, yet some announcer HAS to do it different. To me, its clearly disrespectful to the player/person.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

You Say 'Tomato', I say 'Tomato'...

Above is an authentic Daivd Ortiz Rookie Card produced by Fleer Ultra Baseball in 1997. Both the 1997 Fleer and 1997 Fleer Ultra are true Rookie Cards of David Ortiz.

Please note: Although the name on the front of this 1997 Fleer card reads "David Arias", this is David Ortiz. His full name is David Américo Ortiz Arias.