Buck out for Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Buck out for Season?

What the heck is going on.  At this point I'll take him back for Sept 1st.......

But I am thinking more and more we need to get a starter.  To protect against Lackey, Wakefield, Buck, Miller........Worst-case Miller can move to the pen and we have too much pitching.....

I like Reddick but I am wondering if Reddick and Lowrie can be packaged to SF for Jonathan Sanchez; maybe throw in a reliever - like a Bowden.......

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Buck out for Season?

If Lowrie weren't made of glass I think SF would go for it; conversly if Theo sold "high" w/ Lowrie in late May/early June we'd also have that "middle of the rotation" starter we really need...I've been talking about getting Sanchez w/ Lowrie as the center piece since March.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Buck out for Season?:
    [QUOTE]If Lowrie weren't made of glass I think SF would go for it; conversly if Theo sold "high" w/ Lowrie in late May/early June we'd also have that "middle of the rotation" starter we really need...I've been talking about getting Sanchez w/ Lowrie as the center piece since March.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Lowrie has had more than his share of opportunity to show that he's durable enough to be considered and everyday player and has failed the test. No team would take him as a center piece for a deal especially not for a starter with Sanchez ability.

I don't question Lowrie's ability, the kid can hit, but before a team would even consider trading for and project him as an every day player, the kid has to at least have 1 solid year where he stays on the field and plays in 150 games and get 600 PA, puts up solid offensive numbers and more importanly finish the year HEATHLY!

Lowrie's current value is as a utility guy, due to his fragility, not even sure too many teams would be all that inclined to have him on thier roster in that capacity. Trust me the Sox see that the kid has tools and no one wants to see him succeed more than Francona and Epstein. Hard to do that from the trainers room...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

I would never trade Reddick for Sanchez. Our pitching has been great, and between Kalish and Reddick, at least one of them is the future in our OF.