Buerhle market shaping up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Buerhle market shaping up

Right now Mark Buerhle has recieved 3 offers for three years. If Mark Buerhle is getting 3 years Wilson will easily get 5 years and Oswalt will probably get two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Buerhle market shaping up

No, No, and No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Buerhle market shaping up:
    [QUOTE]No, No, and No.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

So this is your final answer to whether or not we should trade Ellsbury?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Yes, yes, and yes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

For your information, Buehrle is a far better pitcher than either Wilson or Oswalt.  I would laugh hard who ever give Wilson a five years contract.  He is going to be the next Zito/Lackey/Burkett pitcher!!!

Who want to give Oswalt a two years contract after struggling in his last three years in MLB. He pitched for the talent Phillies team, still he is the fourth or fifth best pitchers in the rotation.   Boston can sign him only for one year for a low pay with incentives along with second year as an option.  But no more than that!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Boston can sign him only for one year for a low pay with incentives along with second year as an option. But no more than that!!

Buerle is the real deal but he is old and has high miles. 2 years is limit on his value. Market will be more.

Oswalt is a 1 year 1 to 2M plus incentives offer. If market is more than that, no. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, yes, and yes.

LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Crawford makes Ellsbury the obvious #1 trade bait, unless you are Inesptein.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why shoud you trade your best player just because you have another lefty OFer. Crawford and Ellsbury are not similar players other than being lefty and fast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford makes Ellsbury the obvious #1 trade bait, unless you are Inesptein.

Or unless you want the team to actuallly win........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buerhle market shaping up : Or unless you want the team to actuallly win........
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Lol.... I dont understand how a real red sox fan could hat Ellsbury so much... It's mind boggling!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buerhle market shaping up : Lol.... I dont understand how a real red sox fan could hat Ellsbury so much... It's mind boggling!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

He actually thinks 2011 was a fluke based on AGon being up 2 batters away from "Jake".

He can never admit a mistake, that's why he has been distracting every thread to his VTek & Wake bash fest. He hopes we forget. He even denies he is softy to get out of being ethical.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buerhle market shaping up : Lol.... I dont understand how a real red sox fan could hat Ellsbury so much... It's mind boggling!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

I still say some woman he thinks is hot doesn't know he exists, and she has a crush on Ellsbury, I said that all summer. He's obviously softy, even though he denied it once with me too. The trouble is, guys like him are going to drive Ellsbury straight to NYY, and that's a problem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

I thought this thread was started with.... Buerhle market shaping up !!! On Buerhle I say good luck. I`ll pass. On Else, I would think they can`t keep both.So from a team standpoint while his value is high. And his Agent is Boris,offer him and see what offers you get. Might get the best starter in baseball. Who knows!! But you got to throw it out there to see.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jerry30791. Show Jerry30791's posts

I really think Buerhle would be a good choice for the Sox staff. Here is why:

• Has pitched 200 innings or more every year in his career (except rookie season)
    • Career ERA: 3.83
    • Career WHIP: 1.28
    • Has 3 Gold Gloves
    • Has an amazing picking move, so he controls the running game
    • Mild mannered, but also very competitive, good in clubhouse. (This I don't have nay actual proof of, but the press and interviews with teammates seem to indicate this)
    Also, Buerhle isn't as old as many think, he's only 32 (Wilson is 31). He is reportedly looking for 3 yrs at around 14 million. Given how much players are paid these days he is certainly worth that much. 
    The Sox also have th emoney to make this deal. JD's contract is off the books (about 15 mill annually) menaing Buerhle essentially replaces JD's contract. Also because of a clause in John Lackey's contract, due to his Tommy John Surgery the Sox have Lackey for a 6th season, but at league minimum meaning the average salary per year for Lackey goes down, thus created cap room.
    Obviously Buerhle isn't an Ace, but we don't need that. We have Beckett and Lester, and if Buchholz rebounds from injury then we have three Ace-like pitchers. Buerhle would be a fantastic number four in this rotation followed by whoever takes the 5th spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

I think I am comming around on this idea.He does eat up innings.Not much pressure as a#3or#4 starter.And it would take presure off GM to trade the strong farm system thats only going to get better.Then as another post that was started said.Talk the Cubs into giving up Garza as comp for Theo. His idea was give them Yuokilis.Many possabilities at 3rd.Ramirez,or Middlebrooks now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jerry30791. Show Jerry30791's posts

While I would love to have Garza, I don't see this happening. While Theo icounts for a lot, the Cubs want real prospects for Garza (thik raunado), they're trying to rebuild. Giving them Youkilis wouldn't help that. (I do think Youkilis should be traded though, use Aviles/Loqrie til July and then see what Middlebrooks can do).

Buerhle is a way to keep the farm system intact and still really bolster the rotation. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

Ok.But look at the fact we can sweeten the deal with a couple of prospects he knows already.Plus they owe us. Then there is the Cubs need for a 3rd baseman It might help both teams with this angle.Plus there are articles out there saying Youk might have a problem with Bobby V.And has history of clubhouse issues with other players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Marlins are on a spending spree (Reyes) and have Buerhle on their shopping list... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamminjim. Show jamminjim's posts

He is on every teams christmas list.But that makes sense with his old manager there. I hope we move quick like someone call Dallas and get the boston GM workin the phones.