Built for playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Built for playoffs?

Yes I am getting ahead of myself, but for sake of debate, how is this team constructed for a 7 game series? As an aside, I do believe they will be a playoff team. I can see dempster and drew being dealt at the deadline and being replaced by Webster and iggy. Although I think he'll be a good starter, I can see de la rosa contributing out the pen. A top three of Lester, buchholz, and Webster, (making a huge assumption here) should match up well against most teams starting three. I would imagine to truly contend, they'd need to replace victorino with a bigger bat, but that can be done if the sox choose given their resources. Perhaps this team isn't far off, and by the end of the season will be better constructed than they are now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Re: Built for playoffs?

Looking at this glad to see I was somewhat right. Replace webster with workman, still might see rubby in the bullpen, drew might be untraceable, but should still be a playoff team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Drew and Dempster will NOT be dealt at the deadline.  And Iglesias is already starting. 

Is the goal to bring Middlebrooks and Webster, two underperformers, into the fold for the stretch run?

The Sox will add Peavy and a reliever by the deadline. 

Book it...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Drew and Dempster will NOT be dealt at the deadline.  And Iglesias is already starting. 

Is the goal to bring Middlebrooks and Webster, two underperformers, into the fold for the stretch run?

The Sox will add Peavy and a reliever by the deadline. 

Book it...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

that move is the way to go. another SP for the stretch haul (although Morales will be back soon and he can also start. but may be better served in the BP) and a good RP. I'd like to get another 9th inning guy and move Koji back to his high leverage role.

Sections
Shortcuts