Bullpen Moves Before Today's Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bullpen Moves Before Today's Game

I know the bullpen is shorthanded for tonight, but help me out with Farrell's comment about bullpen moves before tonight's game. The only two guys who didn't pitch (Beato and De La Torre) would be the candidates to go down but they didn't pitch. Even though Britton won't be available for a couple of games, I can't see them sending him down for 10 days just to get another arm.

He's been darn effective.

These are the moves I see over the next two days:

Today:
     - Send Snyder down and bring up someone.

- When Peavey is activated, send De La Torre down, send down the 'someone' from above and bring up Bogaerts.

It would be foolish to send down Britton when he's been effective.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Bullpen Moves Before Today's Game

I think the bullpen change will come when Morales is done with his minors stint which may be over with after this weekend. Probably Beato or De La Torre that gets sent down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Workman has been sent down because he can't pitch until Saturday. I bet he will start once in Pawetucket and get called up 5 days later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Workman has been sent down because he can't pitch until Saturday. I bet he will start once in Pawetucket and get called up 5 days later.

Good call

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Workman was sent down for peavy. Snyder is out of options and has to clear waivers, which he wont. Then again, I believe during this period of sending guys through waivers we can pull him back if a claim is made...cant we?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Workman was sent down for peavy. Snyder is out of options and has to clear waivers, which he wont.

They could just have Peavy report tomorrow and grab a fresh arm for the next 24 hours. I believe a player has 72 hours to report.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Workman was sent down for peavy. Snyder is out of options and has to clear waivers, which he wont. Then again, I believe during this period of sending guys through waivers we can pull him back if a claim is made...cant we?

Not unless you put him back on the active roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I have not seen anything about Workman being sent down. All I read is that he will go to bullpen when Peavey is activated. Peavey won't be activated until Saturday. I think the Red Sox have 72 hours to activate him, which is Saturday.

If Workman is sent down, doesn't he have to stay there for 10 days? If that was the case, he should have been sent down yesterday (as early as possible to get him back up here).

Morales will be pitching Saturday and Sunday in Pawtucket.

I believe De La Torre will go once Peavey is here, but I don't see them sending him down for a fresh arm for tonight, given that he is one of the two fresh arms (Beato being the other) in the bullpen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Workman was sent down for peavy. Snyder is out of options and has to clear waivers, which he wont.

They could just have Peavy report tomorrow and grab a fresh arm for the next 24 hours. I believe a player has 72 hours to report.

They want peavy here today to throw a bullpen session

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not unless you put him back on the active roster.

Ok, thanks Joe. Thats what I was thinking but wasnt sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

I have not seen anything about Workman being sent down. All I read is that he will go to bullpen when Peavey is activated. Peavey won't be activated until Saturday. I think the Red Sox have 72 hours to activate him, which is Saturday.

If Workman is sent down, doesn't he have to stay there for 10 days? If that was the case, he should have been sent down yesterday (as early as possible to get him back up here).

I believe De La Torre will go once Peavey is here, but I don't see them sending him down for a fresh arm for tonight, given that he is one of the two fresh arms (Beato being the other) in the bullpen.

I believe I heard them say Peavy will be here today so he can get acclimated and throw a bullpen session with the coaches there.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/08/01/red-sox-option-brandon-workman-to-clear-spot-for-jake-peavy/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I believe I heard them say Peavy will be here today so he can get acclimated and throw a bullpen session with the coaches there.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/08/01/red-sox-option-brandon-workman-to-clear-spot-for-jake-peavy/

Southpaw - You are correct. They did send Workman down. I would guess when all is said and down, our staff will be as follows:

Lester, Peavey, Lackey, Doubront, Dempster, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Thornton, Workman, Britton and Morales.

That's four lefties but an arm is an arm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Dempster and JDLT might have to take a bullet for the rest of the pen today.  especially with king felix on the bump.

how far would the stretch the kid?  50 pitches?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Dempster and JDLT might have to take a bullet for the rest of the pen today.  especially with king felix on the bump.

You still have Beato. Tazawa could probably go today and Uhera only throw 19 pitches.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

DLT can go 50..he has a couple times already, then we send him back for 10 days and bring up another arm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Southpaw - You are correct. They did send Workman down. I would guess when all is said and down, our staff will be as follows:

Lester, Peavey, Lackey, Doubront, Dempster, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Thornton, Workman, Britton and Morales.

That's four lefties but an arm is an arm.

and Beato/DeLaTorre are available too...Thats 2 more RHP. The good thing is Morales, Breslow and Britton are just as good with RHH ad they are with LHH. Thornton is the only one who should be a Loogy.

edit: They got Brayan Villareal in the Peavy deal too. RHP throws 98MPH but has been a bit wild this year. Not sure if they leave him in AAA or actually try and use him in Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If the Sox won in 9 innings last night then I think Workman would still be with this team.  Will they really wait 10 days to call him back up? or create a phantom injury to send another guy down and call him up sooner.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

If the Sox won in 9 innings last night then I think Workman would still be with this team.  Will they really wait 10 days to call him back up? or create a phantom injury to send another guy down and call him up sooner.  

They alrady sent him down. my guess is they give him a start in AAA and then bring him back up.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Interesting moves to the PEN, however it's 3rd base that we need to watch too !!

This thread is about the bullpen, dont bring your 3b nonsense here please.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I know the bullpen is shorthanded for tonight, but help me out with Farrell's comment about bullpen moves before tonight's game. The only two guys who didn't pitch (Beato and De La Torre) would be the candidates to go down but they didn't pitch. Even though Britton won't be available for a couple of games, I can't see them sending him down for 10 days just to get another arm.

He's been darn effective.

These are the moves I see over the next two days:

Today:
     - Send Snyder down and bring up someone.

- When Peavey is activated, send De La Torre down, send down the 'someone' from above and bring up Bogaerts.

It would be foolish to send down Britton when he's been effective.

Thoughts?

Send down that thumb sucking Buch.... See how fast his neck heals.... What a joke !!!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Interesting moves to the PEN, however it's 3rd base that we need to watch too !!

This thread is about the bullpen, dont bring your 3b nonsense here please.

Wow Southpaw, I have to agree with Bill, even though the thread is about pitching moves the 3rd base thing does come into play. They are all intertwined!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Stephen Wright has been brought up by the Red Sox for tonight's game. I don't know who he has replaced.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts