Bullpen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

Bullpen

Unless the Sox do something to improve their bullpen they are going nowhere but down in the standings!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Re: Bullpen

In response to unhgrad's comment:

Unless the Sox do something to improve their bullpen they are going nowhere but down in the standings!!!!

I'm with you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

If it weren't for the bullpen, the Sox would have takent three of four from the Tigers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

The Starting rotation isn't going great guns either. Did you hear that loud pop today? That was  the bubble bursting. Unless the FO makes some moves.......NO playoffs.......not with this crew.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to unhgrad's comment:

Easy does it, man! Starting pitching is looking up, and that's a plus. Today, I had to miss the last three innings, so I get home and go to MLB.com, an bingo, what do I see?

BAILEY!!!!! He brought in Bailey!! Was this a throw away game? I'll go to sleep tonight thinking, HE BROUGHT IN BAILEY!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

The Starting rotation isn't going great guns either. Did you hear that loud pop today? That was  the bubble bursting. Unless the FO makes some moves.......NO playoffs.......not with this crew.

The bullpen, which was supposed to be one of our strengths, is horrible. Only two AL teams are worse. As for the SP, we got Lester, who stinks, and Breakholtz, who can't keep healthy. We also got Lackey, who is actually our #1 SP right now, and Doubront and Dempster pulling up the caboose. Pretty sad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

Doubront going just five innings isn't great, but on the other hand, he allowed just two earned runs and went as long Verlander and allowed fewer runs.

Doubront in his last eight starts has a 2.77 ERA and has gone six or more innings five times.

Dempster started the year great and had a three-start slump in May. Since then, he has a 3.47 ERA in five starts.

Lackey has a 3.03 ERA for the season, which is damn good, and since after a poor outing in mid-May (4.1 IP, 5 ER), he has a 2.41 ERA in his last seven starts, going at least six innings in six of them (5.2 in the other) and seven innings three times.

Buchholz/Aceves have pitched well in their starts during that span.

Lester is the only starter who is really struggling in the past month and half and ironically, he was the one starter who got the win over the weekend.

It's rare to have all five starter pitching well at the same time, so it seems to me that the starting pitching has been fine. Don't know where you get the starting rotation hasn't been going great guns.

Buchholz, of course, needs to be back soon, and Lester needs to get back to early-season form. But the rotation, despite all this, has been doing its job.

Sections
Shortcuts