Bullpen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Bullpen

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

There will be some new faces in 2014 ... Breslo will be gone. Morales too....

Why would Breslow be gone?  They have a 2 year deal for him at 3.125 per though 2014......Morales maybe but he's also under team control for even less $ as a Year 1 ARB

I wish people would check these details before posting random statements......

Thanks for asking .....  Because he is not as good as he has pitched the last 2 months......  J F , lost confidence in him in the playoffs......  Put another way, he is just not over powering......

I would move all the often injured pitchers before moving Breslow.  Meaning Miller, Bailey among others are all gone!!  

But Breslow have been pitching well most part of the year.  That is all matter.  Once Britton get better, once Workman get better, etc, Breslow could be the last man in the bulpen that Farrell could use in the post season.

Boston just need a good experience healthy bullpen pitchings!!!  Breslow fits into that profile!!

I would also add Buchholz to that list.  He is never healthy and I don't believe has been healthy for an entire season.   I realize he is a great pitcher but not very dependable. 

agree with you.  I do not know what is exactly wrong with him, but once he have a nerve problem or spinal related problem, there is no way that he ll able to play full season at any year of his mlb life!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Agreed but their pen needs a little tweaking next year

Andrew Miller will help and I'd like Koji to have an equal - actually, I prefer that he go back to setting up.......

Andrew Miller will only help if he can consistently take the mound and throw strikes. That's been a big "if" with him. As for Uehara, he posts one of the greatest seasons ever for a closer. Stats-wise he was as good or better than the Sandman at his best. And you wanrt him to go back to setting up? I'm not sure I get that. 

Miller was throwing K's this year and had an insane K/9 rate

Yes, I don't think Koji can repeat.  He was over-exposed.  At 88 MPH they will eventually figure him out.  I know everyone says they were 100% confident when he took the mound but he scared the heck out of me.  Don't get me wrong, I want him back but I don't want another Keith Foulke, sophmore jinx part 2..........

Miller also had a WHIP of 1.37, which is not good, and as usual had problems throwing strikes at times. For him to become a top RP he has to get his walks down. RP cannot come into games late and walk hitters. Miller walked 17 in just 30 IP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd try and add Mujica to next year's pen and give Workman a shot at the rotation.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Any interest in Ballard from the A's? I think he's a free agent this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to trouts' comment:

Agreed but their pen needs a little tweaking next year

Andrew Miller will help and I'd like Koji to have an equal - actually, I prefer that he go back to setting up.......

Andrew Miller will only help if he can consistently take the mound and throw strikes. That's been a big "if" with him. As for Uehara, he posts one of the greatest seasons ever for a closer. Stats-wise he was as good or better than the Sandman at his best. And you wanrt him to go back to setting up? I'm not sure I get that. 

Miller was throwing K's this year and had an insane K/9 rate

Yes, I don't think Koji can repeat.  He was over-exposed.  At 88 MPH they will eventually figure him out.  I know everyone says they were 100% confident when he took the mound but he scared the heck out of me.  Don't get me wrong, I want him back but I don't want another Keith Foulke, sophmore jinx part 2..........

Miller also had a WHIP of 1.37, which is not good, and as usual had problems throwing strikes at times. For him to become a top RP he has to get his walks down. RP cannot come into games late and walk hitters. Miller walked 17 in just 30 IP.

Most of the damage was done early in the year.  He was unhitable after 4/21.  He should do well.

Sections
Shortcuts