Bumping Threads

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bumping Threads

Help me to understand why bumping threads by posting on older threads that might still hold some interest to some posters is a bad idea. In some forums older threads go on for months with an ongoing lively discussion (at times) keeping them alive. Why the aversion on the part of some here to keeping threads going (=bumping)?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Bumping Threads

In Response to Re: Bumping Threads:
    [QUOTE]Good point pumpsie. However, someone several days ago purposely bumped many of my old threads onto the front page to make it look like I posted most of the threads on the 1st page that day..
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

That stuff is must mean spirited and isn't what I was referring to at all. You know that, I realize. Seems to me that if there is still an interest in discussing a particular topic no one here should mind if its still being discussed, even if its on the front page or two. It might mean that you have to scroll through a few pages to find the thread you are interested in when another one is bumped, but thats life on a forum.....IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bumping Threads : That stuff is must mean spirited and isn't what I was referring to at all. You know that, I realize. Seems to me that if there is still an interest in discussing a particular topic no one here should mind if its still being discussed, even if its on the front page or two. It might mean that you have to scroll through a few pages to find the thread you are interested in when another one is bumped, but thats life on a forum.....IMO.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

It's not adding a new post to a topic. It's the invisible bumping, without adding a post, that is the problem. Some loser thinks it's funny to keep bumping the same threads up to top over and over again, and knocking down the current threads.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

What 2004idiots is referring to is when one poster, somehow anonymously, floods the front page with older threads for the purpose of disrupting the board and that can definitely be annoying. If you want to post on an older thread that you feel still has relevance, I at least, don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bumping Threads : It's not adding a new post to a topic. It's the invisible bumping, without adding a post, that is the problem. Some loser thinks it's funny to keep bumping the same threads up to top over and over again, and knocking down the current threads.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

Ahh...I did not know that. That too is just playing games here. Good topics (and there are already several here that have been around for a long time) should be able to remain active without the kind of nonsense you have described. Hopefully the new software will prohibit posting posts with no content in them...and multiple screen names.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bumping Threads : And that SON is a B I N G O !!!!!!  I get a kick out of all the lib/left/mooooonbats that complain about threads..... Heck , if a thread is lousy, it will die on it's own !!!!  That is if the MOOOONBATS allow it !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]So everyone who disagrees with you is not only a leftist, but crazy too. Way to keep that morale up Billy boy. I'm sure glad you were never my 1st sergeant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

There is nothing wrong with bumping threads - its a long season.  When someone says in may or June something like:

Just wait until Bailey comes back - he will be lights out and we will all be glad to have traded for him

It is sometimes instructive to bring that up in late August when the guy has zero saves and no prospects of even earning the closer job. 

So bump away

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

the meaning behind the bumped threads is, they're by a banned disgruntled poster, who keeps bumping up the same threads by the same poster. has nothing to due with interest or relevance, other than to mock the thread title or poster, who started the discussion. Kimsaythis' thread,  umpires are killing this team, is a perfect example. it's almost two months old. Some may be posted on when they are brought back to the front. Also for knocking some posts from off the front page. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Bump.

You're welcome, Mr. green.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]For awhile someone was bumping up threads that were enthusistic  about a specific player at an earlier time ( say a month back) after said player experienced a slump. This was done to belittle the original thread and poster of it.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

You sure seem to know a lot about this, pike. Could it be that's because you are the engineer of that train?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]No I'm just observant.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Observe this:

Sections
Shortcuts