Bunting with Middlebrooks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Bunting with Middlebrooks?

Even Jerry Remy made the point last night that Middy was the last guy you should have up there bunting. He saids the pitcher probably would have done a better job, since he's got the experience in the NL.

Even JBJ would have had a better shot. He's done it before this year, successfully. But Middlebrooks? I really do wonder about Farrell as a manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Bunting with Middlebrooks?

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even Jerry Remy made the point last night that Middy was the last guy you should have up there bunting. He saids the pitcher probably would have done a better job, since he's got the experience in the NL.

Even JBJ would have had a better shot. He's done it before this year, successfully. But Middlebrooks? I really do wonder about Farrell as a manager.

[/QUOTE]

jf gets bad marks on his bunt calls this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, that was a pretty goofy call.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

More line punting with Middlebrooks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I watched the game both on ESPN and the Cardinal's station. I flipped back and forth to get comments on both sides. Farrell was crucified; not only on that play, but "wasting" Ortiz as a PH when the whole world knew he would be walked.

Re/Middlebrooks, I don't know what to think. You surely can't have him in the lineup, but who knows if he'll ever come around and be a major league hitter?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched the game both on ESPN and the Cardinal's station. I flipped back and forth to get comments on both sides. Farrell was crucified; not only on that play, but "wasting" Ortiz as a PH when the whole world knew he would be walked.

Re/Middlebrooks, I don't know what to think. You surely can't have him in the lineup, but who knows if he'll ever come around and be a major league hitter?

[/QUOTE]

I wondered about the Ortiz thing, too. Farrell had him on deck, swinging a bat. I wondered if this wasn't tipping his hand too soon. I don't know when Ortiz was officially announced as the pinch hitter, but Farrell should have seen that coming and made allowances.

Talk about the game speeding up on players. Seems to speed up on Farrell, too.

Sections
Shortcuts