Burnett in Philly ... LOLZ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Burnett in Philly ... LOLZ

Funny signing.  Don't the Phils know Burnett flourished because he was hiding out in Pittsburgh?  The Philly fans and media are going to eat him alive and he will be the Jay/Yankee Burnett we all know and love.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Burnett in Philly ... LOLZ

$16 million for Burnett?!?   

The Phillies are an aging team.  With the Nationals and Braves in that division, I bet the Phillies are out of the race by July.   LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

I live in the Philly area and I've talked to some fans and they think he's worth a shot. With Hammels on the mend he could help...then again? I don't think the Phillies will be as bad as people think. They may surprise people and have a winning record.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I live in the Philly area and I've talked to some fans and they think he's worth a shot. With Hammels on the mend he could help...then again? I don't think the Phillies will be as bad as people think. They may surprise people and have a winning record.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree on the Phils maybe surprising some people.  Last year was one of those perfect storms of injury/sub-par performance (we Sox fans know a little something abouty that in our recent history, no?).  Hammels of course is the key.  But as far as Burnett, I dont know.  Maybe he "eats some innings".  But I think he is going to get beat up and eaten alive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Amaro is one crazy GM.