BurritoT comes clean (on suicide)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: BurritoT comes clean (on suicide)

glad you pulled thru that Burrito.  teenagers young love think the sky is falling.  little do they realize that life has much more to offer.

hope you can keep your cash monies in 2015!!!  or at least spend it frivorously in Bangkok.......

other names i have posted under:  none

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is interesting to me how much energy the media is spending on Robin Williams........ simply because we (as a country) have so much more at stake - so many important issues that surpass one individual taking his own life; personally I despise the media as I think most rational persons do.

When I was 18 I drove a 5 inch steak knife into my gut...... more or less because I was having a high-school heart attack over my first long-term girlfriend. I spent 6 weeks in a rehab facility and then caught a viral infection that put me on life-support in intensive care for more than 10 days! The family priest came and prayed for me with the assumption I was dead man (kid). 

I pulled through.

Afterwards I spent most of the years being a cocky successful dude.... suicide a distant memory. Getting laid was a non-issue 

Not anymore...... If find myself at 44 squeezed by my inability to grapple with living and earning a living in a third world country.  In the first 7 months of 2014 I earned $63,000and due to personal battles with a Cambodian woman most of that went to her... literally $45,000. I often find myself so frustrated that I hear myself murmur over and over again "die".

I always treat the BDC as a place where we play like children... which is why I want to call posters 'idiot' or 'simpleton' as I hope that their BDC moniker does not take things so literal.

I do have a family, but again as treating the BDC as a cartoon world I do not talk about it..... God only knows what pike would do with such revelations.

Anyhow I find it typical and disappointing that those who act as if they care are parked outside Williams neighborhood begging any passer by to give them some scoop..... they really do not care about Williams or suicide lest it serve to boost ratings.

[/QUOTE]

Buritto, For one, I'm glad you pulled through and that you're here.

If things are difficult there, perhaps a move back to the states would be better?

Whatever.  If things get real down for you, please know that Ill help however I can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Burrito..... Been there... Much like you. Difference was, I was in Korea. It can be hard when abroad, there is almost less opportunity to catch your breath, when the world starts kicking you. A return home for a while might be best. That's what I did / am doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

[QUOTE]

It is interesting to me how much energy the media is spending on Robin Williams........ simply because we (as a country) have so much more at stake - so many important issues that surpass one individual taking his own life; personally I despise the media as I think most rational persons do.

When I was 18 I drove a 5 inch steak knife into my gut...... more or less because I was having a high-school heart attack over my first long-term girlfriend. I spent 6 weeks in a rehab facility and then caught a viral infection that put me on life-support in intensive care for more than 10 days! The family priest came and prayed for me with the assumption I was dead man (kid). 

I pulled through.

Afterwards I spent most of the years being a cocky successful dude.... suicide a distant memory. Getting laid was a non-issue 

Not anymore...... If find myself at 44 squeezed by my inability to grapple with living and earning a living in a third world country.  In the first 7 months of 2014 I earned $63,000and due to personal battles with a Cambodian woman most of that went to her... literally $45,000. I often find myself so frustrated that I hear myself murmur over and over again "die".

I always treat the BDC as a place where we play like children... which is why I want to call posters 'idiot' or 'simpleton' as I hope that their BDC moniker does not take things so literal.

I do have a family, but again as treating the BDC as a cartoon world I do not talk about it..... God only knows what pike would do with such revelations.

Anyhow I find it typical and disappointing that those who act as if they care are parked outside Williams neighborhood begging any passer by to give them some scoop..... they really do not care about Williams or suicide lest it serve to boost ratings.

[/QUOTE]

As much grief as people give each other on here, I think we can all agree that it is just a comment board and the vast majority of us on here dot not take the things said to each other to heart.  There is a human being behind every post on this board that has struggles they all have to deal with - very glad you pulled through yours at a young age.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Glad you pulled through Burrito....I hope you never go there again. 

You should know that Pike now does have access to that information: he can see what is posted here. If you would like this thread deleted before he sees it (hopefully) I will be happy to do that.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

An interesting though at times painful life. Glad yuou survived.  Was it the antibiotics or the priest that saved you, do you think ?  And I thought that I have had relationship problems, but you our out of my league.  Hope your next one works out better,  That first one may now be a bored or boring housewife.. Course she might be a part time model and college professor

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Wow, that's heavy stuff, Burrito. I'm glad you made it through and are here with us today.

I hope things get better for you soon. I know what you mean about being willing to do anything in the world to take care of your child...just having that alone makes you a lucky guy with a hell of a lot to live for.

Best of luck to you.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

TMI...TMZ....With that said, I strongly encourage everyone to stop the madness. I just had a very interesting exchange with a person who plowed into my car. He was at fault, he said he was at fault, and I could not stick around long enough at the time of the accident to adequately address all those details as I was in a hurry to be somewhere that I had to be at. He gave me his phone and his address, he asked to not go through insurance and was sincere when he said that to me. From that point forward, he gained my trust after I walked into a body shop, got an estimate, etc. He has already paid me in cash everything that it will cost for a rental and the repairs. We chatted at length about his experience and life lessons that he was teaching his children about responsibility and he complimented me for never raising my voice, treating him with respect and giving him a chance to do things his way (without insurance). I was laughed at by many, including the body shop guy for not getting the guy's insurance info and the complete skepticism that the guy would stiff me. Well, my trust paid off. Sometimes you get lucky and you forgive and you show faith in people and they act back in kindness...It's a rare thing today. I could have been a complete azz, and instead I gave trust to a complete stranger to do the right thing. And he did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Burrito, don't kill yourself....for one, I'd miss you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Batteries Included

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Burrito, I am sorry that you went through and are still going through some difficult times.  I too am glad that you pulled through back then and that you are here today.  My best wishes to you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This is just a ploy to keep yourself from getting banned if you're in a black mood some day and start abusing  everybody.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's a insidious plot to bring pike back...oh please god, no.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

always fascinating to hear about people's expectations for mass media.

essentially the question comes down to, "why are you not spending all day discussing things that your viewers/listeners are completely uninterested in? because those things are far more important than the things that your viewers/listeners want to discuss!"

particularly ironic on a sports discussion board which includes discussion topics involving sports media outlets.

the logical extension of the original point would be, "why do sports radio stations exist? there are so many more important things going on in our world."

regardless, best of mental health to you. physical health, if you don't already have it, can be a necessary first step to recovering one's mental health, and if you're living a hard life, even one day of feeling normal (no hangover, sober) can help your mind understand that better days really can lay ahead (the concept of a sober day can seem so absurd after a while).  i find a day of fasting to be both a mentally and physically cleansing experience. peace!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

People are people. A moniker doesn't mean this is a cartoon world. I kid around, but try to avoid being nasty. Just like I would with people who know me. It shouldn't be any different online. I don't put my humanity on hold when I come here. If you want to abuse something, try a punching bag. 

I think that those who think they are hiding behind a moniker are sadly mistaken. Your true self always shows between the lines.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Burrito

It must have been difficult to share that with the semi-anonymous world, and I hope you feel better for doing it.  Sometimes just sharing the feeling helps.  

I sometimes wonder how many of us would admit to thoughts of self-destruction if we weren't attacked to a lie detector machine.  I've talked with many divorced people - male and female - who have said  "Yeah, I thought about that" at their darkest time. Fortunately for most of us we realize that it's temporary and better days are ahead of us.  Unfortunately many of us who don't are teenagers and lack the maturity and life experiences to, as they say, "make a better choice".

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we're glad you've made it through those times.  I'm not a shrink and I don't play one on television, but if you ever need someone to commiserate with I'm fairly easy to find by way of a PM. 

Or a trip back to Maine. :-)

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

We are just  Sox fans talking Sox. Being harsh or rude to posters that come into this forum is just needless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TMI...TMZ....With that said, I strongly encourage everyone to stop the madness. I just had a very interesting exchange with a person who plowed into my car. He was at fault, he said he was at fault, and I could not stick around long enough at the time of the accident to adequately address all those details as I was in a hurry to be somewhere that I had to be at. He gave me his phone and his address, he asked to not go through insurance and was sincere when he said that to me. From that point forward, he gained my trust after I walked into a body shop, got an estimate, etc. He has already paid me in cash everything that it will cost for a rental and the repairs. We chatted at length about his experience and life lessons that he was teaching his children about responsibility and he complimented me for never raising my voice, treating him with respect and giving him a chance to do things his way (without insurance). I was laughed at by many, including the body shop guy for not getting the guy's insurance info and the complete skepticism that the guy would stiff me. Well, my trust paid off. Sometimes you get lucky and you forgive and you show faith in people and they act back in kindness...It's a rare thing today. I could have been a complete azz, and instead I gave trust to a complete stranger to do the right thing. And he did.

[/QUOTE]

Parallel story:

I live on what could be called a "gentleman's farm" if I were a gentleman  and as such I raise a small garden for myself.  I give the excess to neighbors and what's left over after that I put out beside the road on a table to sell, with a small unlocked box there for the money.  There's never any great amount of money in it, maybe $40-$50 on the very best days, but the box is never locked and I get the money out of the box every evening at dusk.

People told me that I was crazy to be doing that, and that people would steal me blind but in six years only one time has any money been taken from the box and that was during a night when I was too lazy to go out and clean out the box.  When the parents of the teenage boy who took it learned how he got the money they made him come and visit me, with my cash in his hand and a very chargrined look on his face.

People are good.  It's just a few bad apples that give the rest a bad name.

[object HTMLDivElement]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Hang in there man.

I used to work as an prisoner advocate with the ACLU and I used to be a homeless outreach worker. Things can always be much, much worse.

My exwife has bipolar disorder, she has talked about the "seduction" of suicide, I know it isn't rational, I know that you know, and Robin Williams knew, that things could be worse.

With that said just keep kicking around so you get to see what happens. Do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

I pulled through.

[/QUOTE]BINGO DAT about coming here to have FUN in a children's world , sorry to hear  (HEAR) about your adversity........3rd world ??, yes, now you know why my "one liners" are important in todays survival !!!   Hang in there SON,  I will try to be kinder to you !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd like to ad that even though it would be naive of me to think after writing this OP that people would not focus on my sopecific tale... I truly was in part trying to breach the medias glorification of suicide by celebrity ... and also reaching out for other posters to tell us about their own immediate or close to heart experiences with suicide.

Anyone have a tale to tell?

[/QUOTE]

An uncle of mine who has the identical name as me, and who some people say I remind them of quite a bit, hung himself 30 years ago.  That was a bit unnerving.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Burrito, we're placed on this earth for a purpose. Sometimes that purpose involves enduring pain, but we've worked through that pain in the past and will continue to work through the pain the future.

When I was a young man I had repeated dreams about committing suicide (although I did not think of myself as a particularly unhappy person). Then one day I found a beloved colleague on his garage floor with a fatal gunshot wound to his head. My dignified friend was anything but dignified at that moment.

I have never dreamed of suicide since my friend's suicide 25 years ago.

Peace be with you, my friend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

tough times

glad everything worked out burrito

been there myself several times in the last 2 yrs

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Burrito, you were given a second chance. Life isn't fair or easy, but it is worth it. All the best going forward

Sections
Shortcuts