BurritoT's July forecast......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: BurritoT's July forecast......

pathetic post

why would anyone use the w sox as a model

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

It isnt a model loser, the point was about being bold. 

bold is going for it

trading a prospect or 2  for a difference maker

not singing that same ole

wait till next 2 yrs from now song

every yr you wait for your kids to be ready

your core gets a yr older

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Correct, and, frankly, this team isn't a title contender and just being a bubble playoff team isn't worth hanging on for."

Says someone who has likely never managed a little league team. 

Wake up - the Sox will never sacrifice the attendance and TV ratings and playoff revenues/ratings for the plan you are describing. Your plan might be the best, and it's interesting to think about - as long as you and the rest of the board understand this is pure fantasy managing with no basis in financial realities....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say ................  "SON, if BILL-806 said all of the above, the P C people on this board would be all over him"  !!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Have a nice boat ride to Fantasy Island.  Send us a postcard.   

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Can't help it if I operate on common sense.... this plane doesn't fly over La la la Land.

Actually, Burr, you aren't being realistic, because as the Troll Spanker said, you're ignoring the economic realities.  The Red Sox are not in a market where they can throw in the towel in July if they're in contention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't help it if I operate on common sense.... this plane doesn't fly over La la la Land.

Actually, Burr, you aren't being realistic, because as the Troll Spanker said, you're ignoring the economic realities.  The Red Sox are not in a market where they can throw in the towel in July if they're in contention.

tied for second/third already...the division is brually tough...Burrito's plan may be the best option in July for future success...I have no problems with seeing the kids play - in fact I was an advocate for it this year before the fossil signings...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

B I N G O  !!!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

'Watching the kids play' gets old pretty fast if the team is losing most of the time.  Were you guys really tuning in last September to watch Iggy and Lavarnway?  

Was it a thrill for you watching Webster get smoked the other night? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

White Sox 2009 threw in the towel even though they were only 6 games out of first....

I see the Red Sox come July in the thick of the hunt but......

It is apparent to me that everything I said this Spring will come to fruition... and the team needs to commit to 2014-15 for contending.

If this team is not in first place come July 15th, or not within 5 games of the leader then they must, and without reservation, hit the "White Flag" button.

Things look great to me under this scenario as every single one of our elderly over-priced signings from the winter are playing at or above their best abilities.

Don't tell me that if Napoli or Dempster keep up their playing levels that they cannot net some mighty prospects in a package. Elles may not be all that good right now but if healthy just about any contender in need will over-pay for his services. Salty, Victorino, and Drew should all be moved, the better they play all the more reason to trade them. Trade from strength!

I do believe in keeping Lester though, a change for me. Pitching is pitching so the better he performs all the more reason to keep him.

We finally have a manager it appears.

All is well under this plan if only the front office would be bold enough to hit "the button".

**** side note, I hit Spell Check and "Dempster" came up as a misspelling with the only option given as "Dumpster"  HAHHA! Too funny. That aside he has been excellent.

I agree 100%. I am not interested in just hanging in there for the rest of the season. I want to believe we have a chance to win it all, and I do not see this team as having a snowball's chance in hell of doing that. Therefore, it should be "all in" for 2015. Any player who is not in the plans for 2015 should be viewed as trade bait. IMO this is a team of mediocre talent that will eventually settle into a mediocre W-L record that reflects that lack of talent. On the other hand, we do have some very promising prospects that will be ready to make a real run for it in two years. So lets stick with a strategy that puts in a position to win it all in 2015 and beyond.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

There is obviously a disconnect between what WILL get done and what SHOULD get done. Because of that disconnect its likely we will continue to struggle in 2015 rather than compete for a ring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You have to be quite a Pollyanna to think our prospects are so good that we're the favorites to win it in 2015.  We don't have many sure bets.  And Bradley is not lighting it up at Pawtucket.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

You have to be quite a Pollyanna to think our prospects are so good that we're the favorites to win it in 2015.  We don't have many sure bets.  And Bradley is not lighting it up at Pawtucket.

You know I am the biggest Pollyanna around Bob! Seriously, I think we have a pretty good farm system right now and if we can strengthen it a bit more by unloading some of the guys who will not be here in 2015 in exchange for more good prospects-then add a couple of good FAs to the mix, we should have a much better chance of competing for a ring then than we do this year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont think being 5 games out will be enough for them to "wave the white flag". With a 2nd PO spot available it might have to be more than that depending what the other divisions look like.

If they are way out of it, have some injuries and the overall feeling and reality is not good, then yes, the smart thing would be to unload a few players and load the farm system up for the future.

I highly disagree about waiting until 2015 to compete. theres absolutely no guarantee any of these prospects with flourish in MLB. Thats why getting proven veterans like Drew, Naps, and Dempster will always happen, and should happen. I want them to compete in 2014 and 2015 as well as right now. Imagine if we went with lesser talent and kids this year? With the advantage of having a payroll that can go right to the luxury tax limit, we can afford to let the kids develop AND put a competetive team on the field like we are this year. This is a "bridge" period which is why so much was spent on short term deals. Mostly 1 and 2 yrs, which is when they think a bunch of these kids will be ready.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts