Buster Olney is a good for nothing....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Buster Olney is a good for nothing....

hypocrite.

from todays article on Braun:

He needs to apologize to the Arizona Diamondbacks franchise. Braun tested positive for PEDs in the fall of 2011, in the midst of the playoffs, and against Arizona that fall, he batted .500, with nine hits in 18 at-bats, as the Brewers edged the Diamondbacks, three games to two. Braun’s performance, aided by performance-enhancing drugs, may have directly cost the Diamondbacks’ players money and a chance to advance to the World Series.

Braun cheated all of them, and in the fall of 2011, nobody was affected more directly than the Diamondbacks.

SO....DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS YANKEE FRANK LOVING OLNEY SCREAMING FROM THE HILLTOPS THAT GIAMBI SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO THE 2003 BOSTON RED SOX FOR GAME 7 ALCS??????

MR OLNEY - YOU ARE A RICHARD.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Buster Olney is a good for nothing....

couldnt agree more, dont like Olney

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

If one adopts this theory, where does it end? Do the Yankees owe apologies to the teams they beat in the 2009 playoffs, when A-Rod hit 6 homers and had a >1.000 OPS? What about if Manny was juicing during the '04 and '07 RS championships? If, on the other hand, players on the opposing teams were using as well, is said apology still owed?

Maybe we should just strike everything that's happened since the dawn of the "Steroids Era" up to the present day from the record books and pretend it never happened, because it will be impossible to sort out who exactly owes an apology and to whom. But Olney should get right on it, by all means.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

maybe you missed my point FJ.  if olney is going to say braun owes DB an apology for 2011, he should look at his own team.  otherwise, he should keep his fat trap shut about what team deserves an apology.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Buster is from my home state of Vermont but he is a died in the wool NYY fan! which to me means he might as well be a flatlander. He does get good intell on who is going where,but he can be a bit of a bore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

maybe you missed my point FJ.  if olney is going to say braun owes DB an apology for 2011, he should look at his own team.  otherwise, he should keep his fat trap shut about what team deserves an apology.....

I didn't miss your point, and I think our points are really the same. You could come up with endless examples of how the use of PEDs may or may not have altered the history of the sport in recent years, and it makes no sense to single Braun out as needing to apologize to another team (except that his name is in the news currently).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

You are missing his point. The fact is that Braun was tested DURING the playoff series against the D-Backs and that is when he had the positive test. If Giambi should apologize to the Red Sox for 2003, then I guess Manny should apologize to the Yankees for 2004, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Olney is not even a NYY fan; yes, he was the NYY beat reporter and NYT correspondent for awhile; but he's had jobs for a bunch of other teams, and grew up in VT as a Dodgers fan. There is nothing on the internet that I could find regarding his current affiliation otherwise, beside his claim he is now neutral. This is yet another crank falsehood and exaggeration by the OP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Giambi: Sorry for 2003

Manny, Ortiz: Sorry for 2004

Clinton: Sorry Hillary

Me: Sorry Katie   LOL   Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Giambi: Sorry for 2003

Manny, Ortiz: Sorry for 2004

Clinton: Sorry Hillary

Me: Sorry Katie   LOL   Laughing

You forgot a few others

McGwire - Sorry Roger

Bonds - Sorry Roger and Hank

Clemens - I don't remember who to be sorry for; maybe Andy knows

Sosa - me no understand

Selig - Sorry to all for being a lousy, spineless Commisioner

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Olney is not even a NYY fan; yes, he was the NYY beat reporter and NYT correspondent for awhile; but he's had jobs for a bunch of other teams, and grew up in VT as a Dodgers fan. There is nothing on the internet that I could find regarding his current affiliation otherwise, beside his claim he is now neutral. This is yet another crank falsehood and exaggeration by the OP.

You actually looked? LOL

I thought I took some of this stuff too seriously...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Lyan Fraud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

You actually looked? LOL

I thought I took some of this stuff too seriously...

Yes; I really know how to waste my time, don't I?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm really, really, sorry. I apologize unreservedly.

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice. And I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Now that's an apology...john cleese's archie in fish called wanda

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It's not as if Olney ever said "Giambi doesn't owe any apologies to anyone." 

Braun is the hot topic today, and if Olney is going to use apology requests to show the far-reaching impact of PEDs on the game (which was his point; I doubt he cares much about who Braun apologizes to), I don't see the big deal.  

Giambi was ten years ago.  That ship has sailed...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dear Katie,

I'm sorry that I got upset when you wanted us to leave a ballgame (back in 2004) at Yankee stadium between the Red Sox and Yankees in the fifth f**king inning (it was raining a little bit).   The Red Sox won 1-0 (if I recall).  

All I did was paid $600 to a scalper for two very good seats (I think they were called "Champ" seats, around 20 rows behind the dugout).  

Actually, I take that back.  Go bleep yourself.   LOL

If she hs a good bulgogi recipe have her snd it to me.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

@ amp..

Thanks for reposting Ice-Cream's post before the mods took it down, or I would have missed it.  I don't care who you are, that's funny!   Laughing

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to S5's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear Katie,

I'm sorry that I got upset when you wanted us to leave a ballgame (back in 2004) at Yankee stadium between the Red Sox and Yankees in the fifth f**king inning (it was raining a little bit).   The Red Sox won 1-0 (if I recall).  

All I did was paid $600 to a scalper for two very good seats (I think they were called "Champ" seats, around 20 rows behind the dugout).  

Actually, I take that back.  Go bleep yourself.   LOL

If she hs a good bulgogi recipe have her snd it to me.  LOL

[/QUOTE]

@ amp..

Thanks for reposting Ice-Cream's post before the mods took it down, or I would have missed it.  I don't care who you are, that's funny!   Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Thanks...

What do you mean "I don't care who you are"?  Is that a compliment or insult?  LOL

Seriously, what I am is what you read....no alter-ego's here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Still claims to be a Dodger fan. 

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts