Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."

The season is over -I am packing it in. When does curling season start?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hey Teilhard, did I ever mention I took a class on Teilhard at the University of Notre Dame back in '79?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

I agree Jess! Mariano is shot. I feel like hurling at this point, but being Irish, I would be better off watching the sport than making a retch-ed fool of myself...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble....":
    [QUOTE]Hey Teilhard, did I ever mention I took a class on Teilhard at the University of Notre Dame back in '79?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]
    Oh my word...Seriously, moon...Wow...That's pretty neat...I have a Masters of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School (our poster takes this opportunity to engage in some completely unnecessary and gratuitous one-upmanship ), and I am working on a book detailing my own vision of the afterlife...So any vague hints from intelligent posters like yourself of even a semblance of theological exposure could lead to you being stalked on this forum...
        In all seriousness, I would have loved to have taken such a class...All my Teilhard studies have been self-directed, so it would have been great to listen to someone who actually had some established expertise on Chardin...Do you remember the professor, and did he embrace Teilhard's evolutiuonary theology to any degree??? In any event, thanks for sharing that....And Happy Easter!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Visions of the afterlife come from those who have had near death experiences. There are many description of "the other side" from those who were dead or near it and recovered from it. I have read a few books on such experiences and there must be another thousand to read. I've read the details of what many claimed to have experienced and see many similarities in their recall of the experience. Personally most of us, including myself, want to believe that what they say is true. It would be great to talk to one of these persons in a one on one conversation.

For the rest of us we can only have faith in what Jesus preached that he will prepare a place for us after our time on Earth is over with. There may be many other references to Heaven in the scriptures. The new software that can scan the entire Bible for specific key words must be of great convenience for theologists and biblical historians. I imagine that many theologists over the centuries spent years scouring the scriptures and other sources for the answer to the #1 question of mankind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...." : Lucky for me you did add the "joke" line, exam....Still, my Yankee PTSD demons insisted I go to the Mike and Mike audio replay site to be absolutely sure...Man, nice job, exam, even if you are a little stinker...      On a personal level, I should have known I would be punished this evening. There was the dutiful Catholic altar boy at a 7 PM Good Friday service being asked by his precocious and mildly annoyed 4 year old daughter (the beginning of the bottom of the ninth in Tropicana Park time): "Daddy, why are you looking at your smart phone in church??"  My wife, about 10 minutes later, notices me finally putting the phone away in my inside jacket pocket with a feigned business-like air, after about 6 cycles of its arrival and departure from my lapel pocket.  She leans over and whispers with a hint of mild disdain: "So they lost obviously...."  My 5 year old daughter then catches on belatedly and says, "Daddy, you shouldn't be using your cell phone in church...The priest wil be mad."  So I figure the Yankee season, and my career as a role-modeling father, is a gravy-boat ride downhill from here...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

I was on the Session in my Presbyterian Church a few years back and asked the moderator to reschedule the next session meeting because it conflicted with my watching of the Red Sox in the playoffs. The moderator and other members, knowing how much of an avid fan I was, rescheduled the meeting. Lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Susan is OK by me since 4000 of her posts are on the Music Forum and she digs heavy metal and rap.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Most of my posts are on the Celtics forum, but I do post occasionally on the Red Sox forum, after basketball season is over. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Well done Examiner! So it is said, so it shall be done!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble....":
    [QUOTE]....because of their bullpen. With an aging Mariano Rivera not what he once was, and with Joba Chamberlain out for the season, and with the extra stress put on the rotation due to the loss of Pineda, Olney reported on Mike and Mike in the morning that Brian Cashman and the Stienbrenners are on the outs. Cashman insists on BP help, but Stienbrenner is balking at the cost. A source close to the team cited examples of Rivera's ST troubles, including not speaking to Joe Girardi, being unable to complete his running exercises, and being unwilling to share meal money with minor leaguers. Rivera's struggles on opening day at Tropicana Field underline the trouble, as his gluttony of meal money and lack of running has caused him to gain 10-12 pounds since the beginning of March. An unnamed player on the Yankees confided to Olney, "It's hard to see a guy of Rivera's stature come to this, it's really tough man, and there's a lot of back and forth in the clubhouse about it. Some of the guys think he should hang it up, but man, how do you say that to the godfather of closers? I'm glad it's not me that has to do that, just not cool." Meanwhile, as Rivera's failures on the mound mount up, the impatient fans of New York--while appreciating Rivera's past accomplishments--are becoming uneasy. "If this doesn't iron itself out soon," Olney reported, "it's going to be a long summer in the Bronx." BTW, this thread is a joke, so don't start yelling and asking for links...... 
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Olney was the only member of the media to pick sox to win ws. of course he would say that, since he's good friends with and a BV butt swobber. one game and the season is determined. tied for last in the al east.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...." : Olney was the only member of the media to pick sox to win ws. of course he would say that, since he's good friends with and a BV butt swobber. one game and the season is determined. tied for last in the al east.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

I think you might be missing the point geaux. LOL.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]Visions of the afterlife come from those who have had near death experiences. There are many description of "the other side" from those who were dead or near it and recovered from it. I have read a few books on such experiences and there must be another thousand to read. I've read the details of what many claimed to have experienced and see many similarities in their recall of the experience. Personally most of us, including myself, want to believe that what they say is true. It would be great to talk to one of these persons in a one on one conversation. For the rest of us we can only have faith in what Jesus preached that he will prepare a place for us after our time on Earth is over with. There may be many other references to Heaven in the scriptures. The new software that can scan the entire Bible for specific key words must be of great convenience for theologists and biblical historians. I imagine that many theologists over the centuries spent years scouring the scriptures and other sources for the answer to the #1 question of mankind.
    A lot of good points...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...." : I was on the Session in my Presbyterian Church a few years back and asked the moderator to reschedule the next session meeting because it conflicted with my watching of the Red Sox in the playoffs. The moderator and other members, knowing how much of an avid fan I was, rescheduled the meeting. Lol.
    Lol....I know the feeling....Happy Easter!