Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."

....because of their bullpen. With an aging Mariano Rivera not what he once was, and with Joba Chamberlain out for the season, and with the extra stress put on the rotation due to the loss of Pineda, Olney reported on Mike and Mike in the morning that Brian Cashman and the Stienbrenners are on the outs. Cashman insists on BP help, but Stienbrenner is balking at the cost. A source close to the team cited examples of Rivera's ST troubles, including not speaking to Joe Girardi, being unable to complete his running exercises, and being unwilling to share meal money with minor leaguers. Rivera's struggles on opening day at Tropicana Field underline the trouble, as his gluttony of meal money and lack of running has caused him to gain 10-12 pounds since the beginning of March. An unnamed player on the Yankees confided to Olney, "It's hard to see a guy of Rivera's stature come to this, it's really tough man, and there's a lot of back and forth in the clubhouse about it. Some of the guys think he should hang it up, but man, how do you say that to the godfather of closers? I'm glad it's not me that has to do that, just not cool." Meanwhile, as Rivera's failures on the mound mount up, the impatient fans of New York--while appreciating Rivera's past accomplishments--are becoming uneasy. "If this doesn't iron itself out soon," Olney reported, "it's going to be a long summer in the Bronx."

BTW, this thread is a joke, so don't start yelling and asking for links...... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."

lol...are they dispatching ol' Buster to every losing city this week?...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."":
    lol...are they dispatching ol' Buster to every losing city this week?... Posted by jete02fan
    So it seems. Florida next.....Er, I mean Miami.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble....":
    In response to "Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."": So it seems. Florida next.....Er, I mean Miami.....
    Posted by TheExaminer

Nice parody; that and your LOTR-ish posts depicting the big battle a few weeks ago were terrific.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...." : Nice parody; that and your LOTR-ish posts depicting the big battle a few weeks ago were terrific. Posted by nhsteven
    Thanks, but pike is still stumping, preaching for his cause. Some never learn......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Nice job, Exam

Happy Easter

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

They are in trouble. It is has it should be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Buster Olney says

In response to "Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."": Thanks, but pike is still stumping, preaching for his cause. Some never learn......
    Posted by TheExaminer

It doesn't matter what happens in sports or even on this board; his (incoherent) message is usually the same, sometimes almost word for word.

Kim is not Pike -- Would Pike ever have such good slogans, or any at all?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to "Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."": Thanks, but pike is still stumping, preaching for his cause. Some never learn......
    Posted by TheExaminer

and he was doing so wellSealed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice job, Exam Happy Easter Posted by J-BAY
    Thanks, you too J.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You could have added that NYY fans are up in arms since Girardi has signed up to contribute a weekly column for the Boston Globe, spurred on by the fact he's friends with Planet Mikey and Dan Shaughnessy.

Kim is not Pike -- Would Pike ever have such good slogans, or any at all?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Didn't he say that same thing about the Red Sox.  This season just started and it is too early to draw any conclusions. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Didn't he say that same thing about the Red Sox.  This season just started and it is too early to draw any conclusions.  Posted by susan250
    LOL......I perceive, Susan, that not many of your 5009 posts have been on the Red Sox forum?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Didn't he say that same thing about the Red Sox.  This season just started and it is too early to draw any conclusions. 
    Posted by susan250

not sure if serious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Susan is OK by me since 4000 of her posts are on the Music Forum and she digs heavy metal and rap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Susan is OK by me since 4000 of her posts are on the Music Forum and she digs heavy metal and rap. Posted by 6k42lt913c
    Since when do you dig heavy metal and rap also pike? Why do you hide in these new monikers, then say something only pike would say?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Okay, exam...I must say I never believed a scintilla of what your post reported...Not for a second did I experience any tsunami-driven waves of anxiety nausea sweeping over my oh-so-vulnerable Yankee inner child....Then again, for some reason, which I honestly do not understand, when I read the line about the thread being a joke, I felt this inner natural disaster evaporate like magic...As if Rivera had garnered 2 popouts and a game-ending punchout in today's game with the Rays...Not that I ever believed a word of what you were saying, exam, but I never realized just how therapeutic this board could be...And that's coming from someone who plays a therapist in his day job....
    ...Did I mention above that I was laughing the whole way and thought the post was a satirical hoot from the start...?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Okay, exam...I must say I never believed a scintilla of what your post reported...Not for a second did I experience any tsunami-driven waves of anxiety nausea sweeping over my oh-so-vulnerable Yankee inner child....Then again, for some reason, which I honestly do not understand, when I read the line about the thread being a joke, I felt this inner natural disaster evaporate like magic...As if Rivera had garnered 2 popouts and a game-ending punchout in today's game with the Rays...Not that I ever believed a word of what you were saying, exam, but I never realized just how therapeutic this board could be...And that's coming from someone who plays a therapist in his day job.... ...Did I mention above that I was laughing the whole way and thought the post was a satirical hoot from the start...? Posted by teilhardian
    LOL...I added the tagline about the joke because there are folks on here that would take it seriously, start yelling for links, and begin a posting war. I've seen it happen, then the OP shows up the next day on page 6 and adds "sheesh, it was just a joke". LOL....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In response to "Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."": LOL...I added the tagline about the joke because there are folks on here that would take it seriously, start yelling for links, and begin a posting war. I've seen it happen, then the OP shows up the next day and adds "sheesh, it was just a joke". LOL....
    Posted by TheExaminer
    Lucky for me you did add the "joke" line, exam....Still, my Yankee PTSD demons insisted I go to the Mike and Mike audio replay site to be absolutely sure...Man, nice job, exam, even if you are a little stinker...
         On a personal level, I should have known I would be punished this evening. There was the dutiful Catholic altar boy at a 7 PM Good Friday service being asked by his precocious and mildly annoyed 4 year old daughter (the beginning of the bottom of the ninth in Tropicana Park time): "Daddy, why are you looking at your smart phone in church??"  My wife, about 10 minutes later, notices me finally putting the phone away in my inside jacket pocket with a feigned business-like air, after about 6 cycles of its arrival and departure from my lapel pocket.  She leans over and whispers with a hint of mild disdain: "So they lost obviously...."  My 5 year old daughter then catches on belatedly and says, "Daddy, you shouldn't be using your cell phone in church...The priest wil be mad."  So I figure the Yankee season, and my career as a role-modeling father, is a gravy-boat ride downhill from here...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

LOL...funny!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

LOL...funny!
    Posted by TheExaminer
    Thanks, exam...It's all your fault...And Happy Easter to you and everyone on the forum, and that includes that misanthropically lost soul known sometimes as pike....The real meaning of Easter is good news for him as well....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...." : Thanks, exam...It's all your fault...And Happy Easter to you and everyone on the forum, and that includes that misanthropically lost soul known sometimes as pike....The real meaning of Easter is good news for him as well.... Posted by teilhardian
    How true, and thanks. BTW, Kruk just said not to worry, so you can set easy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In response to "Re: Buster Olney says "the Yankees are in big trouble...."": How true, and thanks. BTW, Kruk just said not to worry, so you can set easy.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Aha...I'm doing Green Party work online and watching the Royals-Halos game also, exam...Funny, I put the audio on when I saw the Yankee lowlights and heard Krukkie say it as well...Chen looked pretty good tonight...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts