Buster Olney:some players are upset with the hiring of Valentine-I have one word for some Red Sox Players:TOUGH!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: I have one word for some Red Sox Players:TOUGH!

I would be grumbling too.  Valentine is an egomaniac.  That being said, i think they will end up loving playing for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Valentine wants Beckett to pitch faster.... Sign me up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: I have one word for some Red Sox Players:TOUGH!:
    [QUOTE]Valentine wants Beckett to pitch faster.... Sign me up.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

... and Crawford to get better reads/lines in the field ... sign me up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If Valentine is such a great choice, I wonder why no one has hired him for so long?

This guy will be strictly a yes man for the organization.

Don't expect miracles. We are already off on the wrong foot if players are finding some reason to dislike him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

He's been in discussions for a few teams. From what I remember it always sounded like him not wanting to come back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Not at all concerned that some player(s) like or not like the idea of playing for the new Manager, Bobby Valentine, or Mickey Mouse.  This team had a players' Manager in Terry Francona who IMHO NEVER THROUGH ONE OF HIS PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS and yet a number of players let Francona down, rather than return Terry's loyalty.  Valentine brings in a new regime, maybe the Red Sox will not win another World Series for most of another Century, but if that is the case it is not because Ownership is encouraging a country club atmosphere.  These players make huge money, are not asked that much of themselves, in fact many many people who make much bigger sacrifices, such our military members and our educators make much less and make a much bigger contribution.  I second the "TOUGH" for any player already complaining.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ben Cherington's theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liKhLNY5GYI

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to I have one word for some Red Sox Players:TOUGH!:
    [QUOTE] Buster Olney/ESPN:"As Valentine emerged as a managerial candidate, some Red Sox players have been upset; they've been grumbling to each other, through texts and phone calls."
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

If they had played better in the last month of the season, Francona probably would still be the manager.  It is even possible that Theo would also still be with the Red Sox.  They have no reason to complain about the next manager. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

One thing is for sure, players can make or break a manager. There may be some grumbling, but, as much as players would never admit it, they want structure, discipline, and fairness. I think BV provides all three.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Finally something upsets the players...cause they didn't seem to care when they were gaggin away the post-season.

I like that they hired a guy that makes them mad.  Maybe it will motivate them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

Really??? They are grumbling already? TO BAD! It's about time somebody steps in and manages these big babies. Quite the team that throws the boss under the bus. Maybe if they hadn't screwed around Tito would still be there. Suck it up......you are supposdly grown men who make millions of dollars. I got news for you..EVERYONE has a boss!!!!! Good Luck Bobby! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Here is the source of this news
    http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog?name=olney_buster&id=7297610&_slug_=before-red-sox-move-forward-bobby-valentine-clear-air-mlb&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fmlb%2fblog%3fname%3dolney_buster%26id%3d7297610%26_slug_%3dbefore-red-sox-move-forward-bobby-valentine-clear-air-mlb

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They are grumbling because they liked Tito's style with the media.

Boston is a tough enough media town with someone like Tito as manager.  How tough will it be if the new manager is willing to through guys under the bus?

If Valentine starts throwing players under the bus, you can expect the number of "unname sources" taking pot shots at the manager and front office to go up. 
    2012 will definitely be interesting from a media stand point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I hope they don't like. I can definitely see Beckett being one of them. His country club attitude will have to change and that is a good thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]I hope they don't like. I can definitely see Beckett being one of them. His country club attitude will have to change and that is a good thing.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

There are very few facts regarding the specific players and their clubhouse behavior, motivation, and attitudes. Most of what you hear and read is speculation which was ignited by the Hohman article and he would not give his sources. Such speculation can snowball out of control and end up labeling the team attitude as something far worse than it really was. Why add gasoline to the fire?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Buster Olney:some players are upset with the hiring of Valentine-I have one word for some Red Sox Players:TOUGH!

Red Sox MLBPA members frathouse is closing. I want to see Valentine shout down some of these prima donna's Brothers United on contracts, and ship them to baseball Siberia. I'll be stunned if two FA contract begging former parasites ever get an orifice burrowed back on Red Sox Chicken, Video and Beer Tiki Bar again. Johnny Damon will not come calling as Bobby Valentine Time-out speech day is coming soon for beer bellied out of shape and unable to perform late and sometimes all season Red Sox under contract.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Buster Olney:some players are upset with the hiring of Valentine-I have one word for some Red Sox Players:TOUGH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4LCoh0VGQ

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

If that's their reaction, then apparently BV's the right tonic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Hope that a poll of the players is not being taken to determine who likes and does not like this Managerial choice. When players have some say in Ownership decisions such as Nolan Ryan now has with the Texas Rangers, then we can inquire if Red Sox players are happy. Hope we do not get to the point where the players are making such decisions, think in another post I referred to such a result as the tail wagging the dog.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Let's remember that the PLAYERS gave the owners and Theo a standing O during spring training last year after their offseason acquisitions...they then used it to become complacent in September and watch a 9 game lead in the WC disappear...

...me thinks the PLAYERS have eliminated their right to object to who the front office brings in as manager...sorry boys you blew it yourselves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I have one word for some Red Sox Players:TOUGH! : If they had played better in the last month of the season, Francona probably would still be the manager.  It is even possible that Theo would also still be with the Red Sox.  They have no reason to complain about the next manager. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    Susan 250, now batting 1.000

Sections
Shortcuts