But Iglesias CAN hit!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

But Iglesias CAN hit!!!

One might think the upsurge in Iglesias Supporters who were infatuated with his small sample size offensive production might at the very least turn their attention to non-starter Mike Carp, whose 500 / .529 / 1.000 slash line with 1.529 OPS is absolutely destroying anything Iglesias was doing.

Seriously, how much longer are we going to let the Flyin' Hawaiian and his microscopic .677 OPS drag this team down?  Where is the love for Carp?!?

I want to see some Carp Love on this board RIGHT NOW!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: But Iglesias CAN hit!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

A #2 hitter with a .358 OBP is not hurting his team.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I've been a fan of the Carp pickup since it happened. I still like him in the long run over Nava. As for Victorino, the lack of slugging, which affects the OPS, is a bit of a concern, but with his OBP as a No. 2 hitter, I'll take it because of his great defense in right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some interesting facts after 1/7th of the season is over:

OPS vs.

LHP  .698

RHP .810

Home .749

Away .818

Starters .774

Subs  .974

By position:

DH  1.058

1B  .955

C    .808 (And people were saying our catching offense was our biggest weakness)

2B  .792

CF  .769

LF  .699 (Would be one of the best positions had Nava/Gomes played here all year)

RF  .645

SS  .639

3B  .622

By batting slot: OBP/Slg

1) 333/436

2) 375/299

3) 417/375

4) 343/619

5) 344/506

6) 305/458

7) 330/506

8) 295/325

9) 302/390

Notice our 4-7 slots all have a slg% of over .455.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I've been a fan of the Carp pickup since it happened. I still like him in the long run over Nava. As for Victorino, the lack of slugging, which affects the OPS, is a bit of a concern, but with his OBP as a No. 2 hitter, I'll take it because of his great defense in right.

Funny, how it was all about JBJ's defense in LF, but now it's about Shane's offense in RF to the clown, softy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

CARP

The Collegiate Association for the Research of Principles (CARP) is a collegiate organization founded by Moon 

Those are not my words.  They are copied and pasted from the Wikipedia page on the Unification Church. Looks like we'd better keep an eye on Reverend Sun Myung Moonslav and his devious efforts to first take over the chatboard, and later, the world.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

CARP

The Collegiate Association for the Research of Principles (CARP) is a collegiate organization founded by Moon 

Those are not my words.  They are copied and pasted from the Wikipedia page on the Unification Church. Looks like we'd better keep an eye on Reverend Sun Myung Moonslav and his devious efforts to first take over the chatboard, and later, the world.   

don't forget the nefarious foil.. Softlaw

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

2 funny 777

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Bwhaaaahaaahaaaa! Priceless. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

CARP

Don't defile Keith Moon's legacy with this Carp!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

CARPe Diem!

But I still support Nava.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

lol sp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Carp's a bum. Looked great, tonight.

Back to one game sample sizes again, I see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to notin's comment:

One might think the upsurge in Iglesias Supporters who were infatuated with his small sample size offensive production might at the very least turn their attention to non-starter Mike Carp, whose 500 / .529 / 1.000 slash line with 1.529 OPS is absolutely destroying anything Iglesias was doing.

Seriously, how much longer are we going to let the Flyin' Hawaiian and his microscopic .677 OPS drag this team down?  Where is the love for Carp?!?

I want to see some Carp Love on this board RIGHT NOW!!

You call winning ( draging the team down )? How do you win games and drag the team down?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I'm not a fan of Gomes offense generally, but he really turned a couple of key plays in the past few days that kept runs off the board.

Shane has lots of speed, which has shown benefits on the bases and in making good plays in the outfield.

He's also shown an uncanny ability to drop a bunt. He may even be better than Ells on that, but I'm not sure just yet.

Carp could have put more runs on the board for us last night when he struck out with the bases loaded in the 2nd, but again, it's a one game sample size.