BV and Tazawa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

BV and Tazawa

It'll be a long time before I get on BV again. Be aware; I think he'll do just fine. One of my pet peeves with Tito was his stubborness when it came to relievers. He NEVER would have left this kid in there last night for the 8th inning, newver mind the ninth!

Don't know how many times, Tito yanked a guy whi was doing just fine, thank you, and replaced him with another "let's see what the next guy can do!

Thanks BV; you've proven something!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: BV and Tazawa

In Response to BV and Tazawa:
    It'll be a long time before I get on BV again. Be aware; I think he'll do just fine. One of my pet peeves with Tito was his stubborness when it came to relievers. He NEVER would have left this kid in there last night for the 8th inning, newver mind the ninth! Don't know how many times, Tito yanked a guy whi was doing just fine, thank you, and replaced him with another "let's see what the next guy can do! Thanks BV; you've proven something!
    Posted by bosoxmal

I wholeheartedly agree.....He didn't fix something that wasn't broken..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Let's be a little realistic. A 10-3 lead allows you do do things like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Not in Titos case, lets be realistic. Tito pulled pitchers all the time no matter how well thisngs were going. Even worse he would pull a dominating pitcher with the game on the line, even if there were no troubles brewing. 2-1 lead or 5 run lead all the same to Tito.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If anybody is saying Tito never used relievers for multiple innings, that's nonsense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: BV and Tazawa:
    Not in Titos case, lets be realistic. Tito pulled pitchers all the time no matter how well thisngs were going. Even worse he would pull a dominating pitcher with the game on the line, even if there were no troubles brewing. 2-1 lead or 5 run lead all the same to Tito.
    Posted by BurritoT

I'll grant you, Tito had a pattern to him. But last May 20, Atchison had a 3-inning save in 15-5 win over Cubs. On June 8, Aceves pitched the final 3 2/3 innings for a save in a 11-6 win over NYY.

So it wasn't unheard of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Good idea not for me not to re-debate the past Lloyd so I won't say much more about it.... I think the pattern hurt the team much like the L-R-L-R fetish Tito was grappled by all 2011.

Glad to have BV here. He is letting his best pitchers go 7 and that is a good thing, a good change. 

It would be really great if Taz was out of the picture all these years just so he could be prime to save this ship's rudder (azz).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

"If Aint Broke, Don't Fix it".

Unless it's a terrible matchup history, never take a pitcher out when he is getting people out. Forget the closer when the other guy is getting people out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ah yes, the L-R-L-R fetish. 

Do you really think Youk would be batting cleanup tonight between Gonzo and Ortiz if Valentine didn't also subscribe to that? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Forget the closer.  Yeah right.  I can't wait to see the day David Robertson pitches the 8th and 9th instead of bringing Rivera in for the 9th.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

No argument, Tito liked defining roles and had a 6th,7th,8th and 9th inning guy.  

Thing is, Bobby V might like defining roles too, it's just that with Melancon stinking and Baily hurt, and the team carrying 13 pitchers, nobody not even Bobby really knows who's suppose to pitch when. 

Yet. 

-Daf.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Forget the closer.  Yeah right.  I can't wait to see the day David Robertson pitches the 8th and 9th instead of bringing Rivera in for the 9th.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Multiple innings last year

Paps 4 Rivera 3
    Bard 16 Robertson 9
    Aceves 27 Ayala 18
    Albers 21 Logan 6

As you can see, the Rs used their top four guys for multiple inning about twice as often as the NYY.

But that's not important.  Here's what is important, at least so I have an understanding of how this works.

Do you guys place any importance on being accurate or correct?  Don't take this personally, but it seems as if you guys come up with opinions at random, kind of like flipping a coin.

A lot of you came to a conclusion that wasn't close to being right.  None of you posted any numbers, so you obviously didn't care whether or not you were right.  You were so far wrong that it gives an indication that this wasn't even a casual observation.

This falls in between not caring if you're wrong, and wanting to be wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: BV and Tazawa : Multiple innings last year Paps 4 Rivera 3 Bard 16 Robertson 9 Aceves 27 Ayala 18 Albers 21 Logan 6 As you can see, the Rs used their top four guys for multiple inning about twice as often as the NYY. But that's not important.  Here's what is important, at least so I have an understanding of how this works. Do you guys place any importance on being accurate or correct?  Don't take this personally, but it seems as if you guys come up with opinions at random, kind of like flipping a coin. A lot of you came to a conclusion that wasn't close to being right.  None of you posted any numbers, so you obviously didn't care whether or not you were right.  You were so far wrong that it gives an indication that this wasn't even a casual observation. This falls in between not caring if you're wrong, and wanting to be wrong.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Uh ... I did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to BV and Tazawa:
    It'll be a long time before I get on BV again. Be aware; I think he'll do just fine. One of my pet peeves with Tito was his stubborness when it came to relievers. He NEVER would have left this kid in there last night for the 8th inning, newver mind the ninth! Don't know how many times, Tito yanked a guy whi was doing just fine, thank you, and replaced him with another "let's see what the next guy can do! Thanks BV; you've proven something!
    Posted by bosoxmal

Add staying with Albers tonight  when he was being effective.  So not used to this ....but like it.  Saves the BP arms and I imagine it gives pitchers an idea they are worth a little more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

I think by the time the season ends, Bobby will make everyone forget about Tito. Not that Tito didn't do a great job. But Bobby inherited a team with a lot of questions, still has. GM Ben has made some good moves as it turns out. I always liked Cody Ross when he was hitting in the clutch down the stretch in SF.

Bobby V will do a great job, if he doesn't get into the play offs, it won't be because he didn't put everything into it. He is smart, un afraid to make a mistake and admit it, he is a good tactician. He may or may not win this year, but he will win it all before he leaves Boston. The Theo stiffs, Crawford, Lackey, will have to be dealt with, that will be interesting, how BV handles the big pay no play stiffs.

The thread mentions Tazawa, so far so good. 6 innings isn't exactly Cy Young worthy. But he is getting it up there, maybe he could evolve into a closer. Under BV he will have a chance, if he has the goods. Aceves is not the answer. You the man BV.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: BV and Tazawa : Multiple innings last year Paps 4 Rivera 3 Bard 16 Robertson 9 Aceves 27 Ayala 18 Albers 21 Logan 6 As you can see, the Rs used their top four guys for multiple inning about twice as often as the NYY. But that's not important.  Here's what is important, at least so I have an understanding of how this works. Do you guys place any importance on being accurate or correct?  Don't take this personally, but it seems as if you guys come up with opinions at random, kind of like flipping a coin. A lot of you came to a conclusion that wasn't close to being right.  None of you posted any numbers, so you obviously didn't care whether or not you were right.  You were so far wrong that it gives an indication that this wasn't even a casual observation. This falls in between not caring if you're wrong, and wanting to be wrong.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Those numbers could also prove that Yankee starters went deeper into games, and the BP wasn't needed as much.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by Joebreidey

what drives me crazy is when people post (this happened last year as well) that the Red Sox offense is not that good and to prove this point out the time the offense scores 3 runs or less.

Of course they never bother to compare this to other teams.  I mean.  Why would they?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Screw averages clowns. If a pitcher goes 7 every 3rd start and leaves after 5 the other 2 of 3 are yu going to brag how the pitcher goes 5.7 every start? Idiots

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ah yes, the L-R-L-R fetish.  Do you really think Youk would be batting cleanup tonight between Gonzo and Ortiz if Valentine didn't also subscribe to that? 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Was it L-R-L-R all the way through the 1-7 of the order?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I seem to remember Tito getting tons of grief for not yanking pitchers who were doing well up until the 3 run HR.

"Why didn't they bring in Bard?"
    "Why did he leave Albers in another inning?"
    etc...

The Titos Monday morning QB'ing was all over the map. I expect we'll see the same for BV.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Stop defending Tito dude. Its bull#crap

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Burrito: Was it L-R-L-R all the way through 1-7?

No, and it wasn't last year either.  In 2011 Ortiz was usually in the 5 spot, with Crawford and Reddick behind him.  So we often had 2 or 3 LH hitters in a row.  Stick to the facts, buddy.  That's all I ask.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

WRONG. go ahead an lay it out game by game then lets see. I am sure I am right. BTW you can have TITO I wil stick with Bobby V.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Baseball-Reference.com, Burrito.  It's very easy for anyone to check every box score from last year.

If you don't want to bother checking, just answer these simple questions:

1) What spot did Ortiz usually hit in.
    2) What spot did Crawford usually hit in.

Sections
Shortcuts