BV Can We Put Him On A Container Ship Back to JAYPAN.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

BV Can We Put Him On A Container Ship Back to JAYPAN.....

Good God, no clue on when the SPs have had enough.....................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: BV Can We Put Him On A Container Ship Back to JAYPAN.....

send the owners and the rest of the coaching staff with him. Maybe they can buy a gameshow out there or something, because I think they forgot they run a baseball team here in Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

stop blaming the manager its bards fault they lost 86 piches he should start the eighth inning,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: BV Can We Put Him On A Container Ship Back to JAYPAN.....:
    [QUOTE]stop blaming the manager its bards fault they lost 86 piches he should start the eighth inning,
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    Correct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]stop blaming the manager its bards fault they lost 86 piches he should start the eighth inning,
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]
    what wasn't clear to you that he didn't have it? Why would you even leave him in after he walks the first batter? It's BV's job to manage the game, if pitch counts don't matter then why can't pitchers be pulled before then even get to 90 pitches? I want to win games not test pitchers when it's obvious the are struggling. When you only have one more inning to score some runs, it usually isn't the best time to dick around with a 1 run lead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

On Bard and Albers. Bobby V has been terrific. The pitch hit for a dinger was outside the strike zone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The heart of the whole problem is that the bullpen is feeling the residual effects from Friday and Sunday 's  marathons. The idea was to try and get Bard through eight. It did not work. Albers has been pitching well , but tonight he got hit. The second guessing happens all the time. Left him in too long , took him out too soon , etc.  Frankly , sometimes it gets pretty childish and petty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Bard was ina  great position to throw a CG, save the pen, and get the team on a winning streak. Where do any of you see something wrong with any of that?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Look, I was against hiring Valentine since the first moment I heard his name mentioned as a possibility. Never thought much of his managerial ability.

But how anyone could blame this loss on him escapes me. The bullpen was running on fumes after Sunday's marathon so he needed Bard to go deep. And he was at only 86 pitches after seven.

So, what, Valentine should put in Albers earlier?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"i agree. bobby v is not the problem. he is managing. 
    on the other hand, tito, who didn't manage, is doing what he does best; being a nice guy on tv."

You're either trolling, dooshing, or being an  idiot. If I had to choose one I'll go with the first option.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It was a tough call for Valentine.  But 'the bullpen was gassed' isn't a good reason for not removing Bard.  Most had a day off Monday.  There were only 2 innings to cover.  The first 2 KC hitters in the 8th were lefties and we have 3 lefties in the pen. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]It was a tough call for Valentine.  But 'the bullpen was gassed' isn't a good reason for not removing Bard.  Most had a day off Monday.  There were only 2 innings to cover.  The first 2 KC hitters in the 8th were lefties and we have 3 lefties in the pen. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    The first two hitters in the 8th had gone a combined 0 for 6 against Bard in the game. The reason for leaving him in was that he was apparently rolling. Another's night's rest could have done no harm to the pen even if were not gassed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This was definitely not Bobby V's fault. Give the guy a break---Ask Benn for someone that can come off the bench that might be a threat---
    Sorry Nick Punto but .145 and DMac .185--somethings  got to give--Ben what about Ciriaco and Lavarnway? OR go out and sign VLad to a minor league contract.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Is it BV's fault that Bard pi$$ed his pants on the mound in the 2nd inning with 2 balks the led to runs?? And also where is Jaypan?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

right before Kaypan! hey consider the source rings. and no, it wasn't bobby v's fault that bard made the two balks. I really enjoy having Eck in the booth with DO. Eck tells it like it is. he pointed out two times where bard needed to concentrate on getting outs rather than keeping runners close. it really was a shame last night man. we should have won that game. the balks killed us. totally unnecessary runs to bring the game to a tie at that point. however, you could see that bard was tired in the beginning of the eighth when he walked the first two hitters. not even close to the strike zone. somehow, I knew that albers was gonna serve up a grapefruit. what a shame. we could have gained a whole game back in the lost column.
    oh well, back at it tonight. Lester needs to bring his A game.
    GO SOX

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In his defense, I think he was trying to protect the BP.

You think it's bad now, wait until the BP is completely shot.  That should happen sometime next month.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The Red Sox aren't going to win hardly any games where there offense is so pitiful that it only scores 3 earned runs against mighty KC.

Sections
Shortcuts