BV just might return.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

BV just might return.

What Farrell has done with Jays doesn't make him a genius. BV will will create some chaos, but his methods are like Dick Williams. No sense in bringin in a nother retread. Save a healthy team and a contentious skipper will work.Not many liked him but he has baseball sense in spades.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: BV just might return.

he's gone dude. He'll be lucky to get an extra room in Bill James' basement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

He should have been gone before July 1.

Not firing him then gave us no hope in the second half of this season, and bringing him back next year gives us no hope for 2013.

Do not let one win against the Yankees and another win last night against the Blue Jays confuse your thoughts.

Farrell does not appear to be the answer either, but Valentine has already shown that he is NOT the answer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The choice will not be an easy one.

Bobby V has to go, that's the easy choice. Other than establishing a bullpen--I have not seen anything he has done that I would say has been exemplary.

I think with the number of young players the ideal manager to be given a shot is the manager of the Paw Sox. Not because his team won but because he knows the system. I know his first name is Arnie? and his last name begins with B. 

He stays out of the limelight. He knows his personnell. He has put up with change. He works with his coaches. It would be interesting to see how many current players on the 40 man roster have been exposed to him. He has been in the Sox system.

I don't think we need a Manager from away--just like a  ballplayer--sometimes it's best to promote and hire a known commodity. A guy like "AB" might be old school enough to say I'll take a one year contract and you decide after a year if I've done a good enough job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Please don't mention BV and Dick Williams together.  BV hasn't shown me any BB sense at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please don't mention BV and Dick Williams together.  BV hasn't shown me any BB sense at all.

[/QUOTE]
    And yet Francona did.......mind boggling. I've been a baseball fan for a very long time and I assume you are a long time baseball fan. Neither of us are stupid, yet we have exactly opposing views on the managerial abilities of Valentine and Francona. I guess it's like a republican and a democrat not understanding the other's point of view.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He should have been gone before July 1.

Not firing him then gave us no hope in the second half of this season, and bringing him back next year gives us no hope for 2013.

Do not let one win against the Yankees and another win last night against the Blue Jays confuse your thoughts.

Farrell does not appear to be the answer either, but Valentine has already shown that he is NOT the answer.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, lets not confuse our thoughts with HIS wins against the Yankees and the Jays. Lets concentrate on HIS losses. I'm wondering how many losses this year, in your mind, are attributable to Valentine?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What Farrell has done with Jays doesn't make him a genius. BV will will create some chaos, but his methods are like Dick Williams. No sense in bringin in a nother retread. Save a healthy team and a contentious skipper will work.Not many liked him but he has baseball sense in spades.

[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen much baseball sense on the field this year. That seems to the biggest myth of Bobby V. He might know a lot about baseball, but it hasn't shown much on the field this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    And yet Francona did.......mind boggling. I've been a baseball fan for a very long time and I assume you are a long time baseball fan. Neither of us are stupid, yet we have exactly opposing views on the managerial abilities of Valentine and Francona. I guess it's like a republican and a democrat not understanding the other's point of view.

[/QUOTE]

For most of Tito's tenure here, he had the the respect of the players, which Valentine does not.  Players don't need to like a manager, but it goes a long way if they respect him.  John Farrell is well respected throughout baseball.  What he doesn't have is enough talent in Toronto.  Your anti-Tito rants are well documented, but for most knowledgeable baseball fans, he's certainly one of the best managers in Red Sox history. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

jasko, well said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

WHY does Bobby V's return hinge upon the hire of John Farrell....as if he is the only guy out there for the job.  I think you people are still looking in your rose colored rear view mirrors.  "OOOhh our pitching staff was great when Farrell was the pitching coach"...come on...get your heads out of the clouds of the previous decade.  Please lose the "things were so much better back when" attitude.  Let's get a good coach with NO PREVIOUS TIES AND EXPECTATIONS to the sox.  

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For most of Tito's tenure here, he had the the respect of the players, which Valentine does not.  Players don't need to like a manager, but it goes a long way if they respect him.  John Farrell is well respected throughout baseball.  What he doesn't have is enough talent in Toronto.  Your anti-Tito rants are well documented, but for most knowledgeable baseball fans, he's certainly one of the best managers in Red Sox history. 

[/QUOTE]
    Are any of those knowledgeble baseball fans the ones that vote for manager of the year? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

If BV returns, the owners are simple minded. He's caused nothing but chaos since he's been here. Who cares how much baseball acumen he has..he's a detriment to the team. Maybe all these guys were right when they asked ownership for a meeting in July.

He should be gone today for the crap he pulled yesterday. Arnie Beyeler is free starting Wednesday...