BV masterful with the BP tonite.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: BV masterful with the BP tonite.

In Response to Re: BV masterful with the BP tonite.:
    [QUOTE]Tiant has been saying for years these guys don't throw enough.......What was he averaging 250 IP/yr w/ at least 1 300 IP.  I'd love for Tiant to sit down w/ the staff and talk to them about how he threw close to 300 IP year after year
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

But guys like Tiant and Nolan Ryan were probably rare physical specimens whose arms could take that kind of workload.  Billy Martin ruined the arms of an entire starting rotation in Oakland by trying to get 250-300 innings out of them (1980). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BV did a great job last night and I feel he has been doing a great job for quite a while.

He's playing the cards that have been dealt to him. He's been patient with the exception of the Youk incident and showed some confusion handling the Beckett golf question recently. Other than that I would say he gets a strong B grade from me.

Aceves--I believe is 8 for 8 in saves since the debacle at the start of the season.
    8 of 10 for the season to date. Keep up the good work BP!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BV masterful with the BP tonite. :   If Hill gives up a hit there, BV's a bum.....
    Posted by NHBALLFAN[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.   Today is a new day!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]BV did a great job last night and I feel he has been doing a great job for quite a while. He's playing the cards that have been dealt to him. He's been patient with the exception of the Youk incident and showed some confusion handling the Beckett golf question recently. Other than that I would say he gets a strong B grade from me. Aceves--I believe is 8 for 8 in saves since the debacle at the start of the season. 8 of 10 for the season to date. Keep up the good work BP!!!
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it seems as though he is becoming more familiar with his "cards" and what they are capable of doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I believe Bobby V. is getting more comfortable now in the ways he can utilize the pieces he has for this team to work.  This is starting to become his team to manage and as the season progresses his stamp will be imposed on the team (good or bad).  The beginning of this season was Titos hang over IMO.  I am hoping now we see a better direction for the remainder of the season as the player become more comfortable with Bobby V too.