BV Says Coaches Not Loyal On WEEI...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

BV Says Coaches Not Loyal On WEEI...........

Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine said Wednesday he believed his coaches were not loyal to him this season and that he was undermined by them.

In his final appearance of the season on WEEI’s “The Big Show,” Valentine confirmed there was dysfunction within the coaching staff, which came to light over the summer and was detailed in a Boston Globe story. One member of the staff, pitching coach Bob McClure, was fired in August.

When asked by WEEI host Glenn Ordway why he thought his coaching staff was disloyal, Valentine replied, “You asked me what I feel. That’s what I feel.”

He responded similarly when asked if he felt he was undermined by his coaching staff.

Asked if he would like different coaches if he is brought back next season, Valentine said, “Some, yeah.”

Speculation has been rampant that Valentine will be fired soon. The Red Sox play their final game of the season Wednesday night vs. the Yankees in New York

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: BV Says Coaches Not Loyal On WEEI...........

Why would he say that if he didn't already know he was out the door??  Reportedly, he's already been told  and a buy out settlement was reached regarding the 2nd year of his contract. Doubt he'll go quietly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Why would he say that if he didn't already know he was out the door??  Reportedly, he's already been told  and a buy out settlement was reached regarding the 2nd year of his contract. Doubt he'll go quietly.

Right, The Blame Game Started....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bobby Valentine never had a shot with a coaching staff chosen by his bosses and a short term contract.  The Sox expected him to turn the clubhouse on its head and restore the rule of management and instead they have a terrible record and franchise dysfunction instead.  It's obvious the players don't like the manager and by laying down in a lost season they've all but assured he won't be here next year.  Way to plan for success Larry Lucchino et al.

After all the "bad apples" or underperforming stars were traded, Valnetine complained that he was left with a weak roster to manage.  I can understand where he's coming from, the guy was hired with what appeared to be a pretty stacked roster in need of some leadership and he was left with young guys, mediocre players and projects.  But no one really wants to hear "my coaching staff undermined me" or "I had a weak roster".   You didn't get the job done Bobby, that's on you.  Save the excuses for your next talk sports talk show.  

When Tito was fired, the Sox couldn't wait to tar and feather him and still he stayed composed.  I guess Bobby prefers to launch the opening salvo in the upcoming war of words. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

I heard the interview. BV was just answering a direct question honestly. Which is refreshing compared to the other BS we get from the owners,players,coaches,front office and everyone else associated with this pathetic organization.

This entire organization is a mirror image of the the 3 dysfuctional stooges that occupy the owners boxes.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I "hark back" to 1967-68  when the USS PUEBLO was hi-jacked by the North Koreans......   Like this years Red Sox, that ship was illfated because the Communication people did not report to the Captain of the ship, Pete Bucher........  Same result, a chain of command that was splintered....... The Sox may not win 70 games and Pete Bucher and his crew spent 11 months in that He!! hole called North Korea.......  Bucher came home to a court martial and Bobby V. will be sent packing by Friday !!!!!

The USS Pueblo is still in North Korea and those *&$% communists are using it as a tourist site. 

Bobby Valentine and Dice-K should be sent to North Korea.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine said Wednesday he believed his coaches were not loyal to him this season and that he was undermined by them.

In his final appearance of the season on WEEI’s “The Big Show,” Valentine confirmed there was dysfunction within the coaching staff, which came to light over the summer and was detailed in a Boston Globe story. One member of the staff, pitching coach Bob McClure, was fired in August.

When asked by WEEI host Glenn Ordway why he thought his coaching staff was disloyal, Valentine replied, “You asked me what I feel. That’s what I feel.”

He responded similarly when asked if he felt he was undermined by his coaching staff.

Asked if he would like different coaches if he is brought back next season, Valentine said, “Some, yeah.”

Speculation has been rampant that Valentine will be fired soon. The Red Sox play their final game of the season Wednesday night vs. the Yankees in New York

Is this what this country has come to?  Whenever you really suck at something it must be someone else's fault?  Bobbi Valium.... YOU WERE WORSE THAN TERRIBLE... and for the information of all.... THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION STUNK!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

He should blame the prior administration. It's worked before.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

If he is not fired the Red Sox org. will be sending a message to Red Sox Nation and that message is we dont give a $%#%#$^ about winning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Can't wait to hear what he's got to say when he gets canned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We need true sox in there.....PEDRO!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this is news? who do you think the players were crying to and setting up meetings through?  Ben C has a lot to learn about the dynamics of leadership...  he undermined BV from day 1 and this is not a secret...tthen enboldened his whiny players to text him about BV...gee what couldve gone wrong there after replacing a manager who was afraid to say boo and discipline his players?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to RedSoxvsGiants' comment:

If he is not fired the Red Sox org. will be sending a message to Red Sox Nation and that message is we dont give a $%#%#$^ about winning.

What message did trading AGon , Crawford and Beckett for Loney and dubious prospects send ?  That we want to win ? Or that we want to cut payroll ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

this is news? who do you think the players were crying to and setting up meetings through?  Ben C has a lot to learn about the dynamics of leadership...  he undermined BV from day 1 and this is not a secret...tthen enboldened his whiny players to text him about BV...gee what couldve gone wrong there after replacing a manager who was afraid to say boo and discipline his players?

It's a secret to me, geo.  BC did nothing but support BV, publicly.  Never heard or read he "emboldened his whiny players to text him about BV".  How do you know BV was afraid to say boo and discipline his player? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill I understand what you are saying. Maybe you have to have lived in that time to see what you are saying.

A rudderless ship and one without responsibilities in place is doomed.

However in this case I do believe the right guy would have done far better than BV even with the coaches that were in place.

BV was not the right choice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTW how loyal was he to any of the players like lets say Youk. I said it before we have only heard a few of his comments. I can only imagine what he has said in the clubhouse or in his office to other coaches.

See if BV complains about one coach to another coach the first one walks away wondering what does he say about me to others.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The FO went "corporate" on the clubhouse, probably bugged every locker..... the organization is screwed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

for all involved, would probably be the right thing to do...but you just know at his presser, someone will look to press him  into a combative answer then run with it..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

for all involved, would probably be the right thing to do...but you just know at his presser, someone will look to press him  into a combative answer then run with it..

Hey jete, people should not concern themselves with what bobby v has to say at this point. Bottom line for whatever reasons he failed. Where the focus should now be is what needs to be done to return the sox to contenders. They have a decent core of young talented players on which to build and a bankroll to further the cause.

Sections
Shortcuts