BV's Ability To Bring Negativity On Sox During Any Success For Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

BV's Ability To Bring Negativity On Sox During Any Success For Team

I don't know how Bobby does it, well I do--his mouth--but what is with his comment always occuring right when the Sox look like they have turned a corner or are playing well?? Why?

Youkilis comment came right after a 3rd straight win.
    Middlebrooks comment during a 4-game win streak.

It's like he doesn't want the team to succeed. It really is sad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: BV's Ability To Bring Negativity On Sox During Any Success For Team

Foot in mouth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Look, I will grant all the BV fans out there his ability to be engaged in an in-game setting. But that to me is where it ends. It really is like having a polar opposite of Tito. Tito did basically everything else right, except he had some in-game issues that certainly irked the fans for sure. You have to be more like a Tito to succeed, less like a BV.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

If nothing else, danny, BV taught the FO that. Next hire will be someone in the middle of Francona and Valentine. Farrell seems to fit the bill

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

zone, the story broke on BV. It means nothing now that Middlebrooks is trying to cover it up. It happened, and someone called out BV to management, so that means you have a leader who doesn't have the trust of the players. Without that, nothing else matters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

J, I'd take Farrell. I agree. He understands exactly what the FO wants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I go back to the book on Francona after they won in 07, and I keep alluding to the conversation, the long conversation that Tito and Theo had. It was all about trust and following a simpatico plan on GM/Manager relationship. One hand claps the other and you'd think LL would have figured out that regardless of whether it was Tito and Theo, you'd want a similar relationship between Ben and the new manager. Instead, you got BV.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The Youk comment was ridiculous: bobby V. at his most lame.  The Middlebrooks comment is way overblown and a non-issue, as Calzone alludes to with his quote from WMD himself.  

All things considered, I think Bobby V has done a remarkable job of not letting his Bobby V out.  this is not to defend him.  Merely to say, upon his hire, i expected much worse than 1 or 2 stupid, flippant grenades by this point in his tenure.  He is indeed an older & wiser, kinder & gentler Bobby-san.  If this was 10-15 years ago, there would be a lot more blood spilled in that clubhouse than just Ryan Sweeney's.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

space, I'd rather have that type of BV than the one they have now--a milktoast version who is always sleepy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

In Response to BV's Ability To Bring Negativity On Sox During Any Success For Team:
    I don't know how Bobby does it, well I do--his mouth--but what is with his comment always occuring right when the Sox look like they have turned a corner or are playing well?? Why? Youkilis comment came right after a 3rd straight win. Middlebrooks comment during a 4-game win streak. It's like he doesn't want the team to succeed. It really is sad.
    Posted by dannycater

Are you serious? You're blaming a loss on what BV said during a radio show? If you actually listened to the segment on WEEI, BV was asked a specific question about whether ownership had come to him about problems in the clubhouse. He then said they had come to him once- about the thing he said to WM. He then went on to say how he had gone to WM after the game and told him about a time when he had 3 errors in his playing days w/the Dodgers. 

BV wanted to emphasize (I think to whomever had gone to management) that there were two parts to the story. But even if it was just the first part, it is completely MORONIC that crap like this would find its way to ownership. That is what's sad- that players feel so empowered that they can take nonsense like this to the owners. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

august, but that's the point. He's saying stupid things and he doesn't do a good job of explaining when he is sarcastic and when he is serious. It doesn't matter that he meant this, or he meant that, it matters that it happened at all, and that the players are listening and reporting on him. It's not a good environment and timing is everything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Player who reported on BV = the club's version of Calzone65

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

danny:
    you are an idiott...are you that sensitive that you cry when someone says something that you think offends you?  these guys make too much money to be offended.  What Bobby said about youk amounted to nothing.  A bunch of local beat writers and talk show hosts blew it up so to increase ratings....You fell for it like a clone.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ah, you know what's funny, calzone? I knew you would post this. And that makes you a very predictable soul.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I almost posted what you posted, but I didn't want it to sound self-serving, so naturally, you posted it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: BV's Ability To Bring Negativity On Sox During Any Success For Team:
    space, I'd rather have that type of BV than the one they have now--a milktoast version who is always sleepy.
    Posted by dannycater

haha, fair enough DC.  My verdict is still out, but I hear you.  Maybe he should lay off the crack of dawn endurance biking during the season.  he was cracking with energy in Spring Training.  

I actually think his gaffes of verbal diarrhea are because he is so sleepy after games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

one thing you can say about BV and be 100 percent accurate--he's sleepy.

Sections
Shortcuts