By Sept. 1, the Sox & Orioles---

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

By Sept. 1, the Sox & Orioles---

will be at the top of their division, within 2 or 3 games of each other. And the reason I am that confident is Buchholz. As I thought a few days ago, Farrell has juggled the rotation, and is starting off with Buchholz. That performance against Houston (yes, I know it was against Houston) was the Buchholz we saw when he was on a roll. If Lester just does as well as he done most of the year, we will have a 1-2 that will be as good as any team in baseball. (Spahn, Sain and pray for rain) A 2-some like this keeps the team away from those killing 5 and 6 game losing streaks.

Our lineup is as solid as anybody else. Pretty good, young, depth and versatility; young legs and a few healthy old timers. This team can, and will, make a helluva run!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: By Sept. 1, the Sox & Orioles---

will be in the American League East.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Tell you one thing, Buchholz had better pick it up Last 28 days Lackey has a 8.10 era, and Opponents are hitting .310 against him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tell you one thing, Buchholz had better pick it up Last 28 days Lackey has a 8.10 era, and Opponents are hitting .310 against him.

[/QUOTE]

I think Lackaey needed a rest, and will be a 6-innings pitcher for the next few starts. But it boils down to Buchholz and Lester. Peavy and Lackey are probably no worse than the other guys' 3 and 4 pitchers. De La Rosa has to perform, obviously. I think we have some momentum, and Farrell has obviously recognized that a lot rests on Buchholz. I still can't get over his performance in Houston. His middle name is "fragile", we know that. But when healthy he is one of the very best in baseball. We'll see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

will be at the top of their division, within 2 or 3 games of each other. And the reason I am that confident is Buchholz. As I thought a few days ago, Farrell has juggled the rotation, and is starting off with Buchholz. That performance against Houston (yes, I know it was against Houston) was the Buchholz we saw when he was on a roll. If Lester just does as well as he done most of the year, we will have a 1-2 that will be as good as any team in baseball. (Spahn, Sain and pray for rain) A 2-some like this keeps the team away from those killing 5 and 6 game losing streaks.

Our lineup is as solid as anybody else. Pretty good, young, depth and versatility; young legs and a few healthy old timers. This team can, and will, make a helluva run!

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all that.

But, they have to do more than " keep away from those killing 5 and 6 game losing streaks.".

They need one or two 6-8 win streaks just to get back into it.

Pedey, Napoli and Bogearts need to hit consistently with men on for that to happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Sox play 13 games within the division, during the next 16 days. We may have a better idea where the team is headed, in two weeks, and if the team will be buyers, sellers or both, by the trading deadline 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well, one things for sure, we got 71 games left to turn our season around.
    GO SOX.

"Real hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thing is, the Sox aren't loosing because of their pitching. They're loosing because they can't hit a lick. Buchholz' return will pick up some slack for the starting rotation, as Peavy, Lackey and even Lester tire and their performances wane a bit. But he can't score runs for them, and if they don't start scoring runs, all the 2.00 ERA pitching performances in the world aren't going to help.

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  The sox have lost some one run games they should have won.  The pitchers are doing a pretty good job of keeping them in the game but the bats have been missing.  I hope things turn around soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all that.

But, they have to do more than " keep away from those killing 5 and 6 game losing streaks.".

Pedey, Napoli and Bogearts need to hit consistently with men on for that to happen.

[/QUOTE] true, that early win 5, lose, 5, win 5 , lose 5 had to be maddening..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this is the problem with so many teams in front of you in your division...its very hard to make up ground....then again a 12 game winning streak could overcome that...

As always - 100% correct!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Our lineup is as solid as anybody else".

Enough said. Keep drinking that cool aid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all that.

[/QUOTE] true, that early win 5, lose, 5, win 5 , lose 5 had to be maddening..

[/QUOTE]

It was brutal, Jetes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, one things for sure, we got 71 games left to turn our season around.
    GO SOX.

"Real hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags."

[/QUOTE]

I didn't know teams now play 166 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sox played 165 in 2009, or as madragon calls it "not a championship caliber" team. Jesus H. Jiminy, that comment  was insane, and I hated how the Sox got swept by Anaheim. It was a tough thing to watch, the meltdown at home in game 3 especially. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey bosoxmal - A 1-2 as good as any team in baseball? You are delusional. Have you watched tonight?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they ll win the east only if Lester finally accepts the deal with Boston!!