By the All Star Break

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

By the All Star Break

The Red Sox will be fighting with the Orioles to stay out of last place. 

Time to face it Red Sox Nation---- this is a bad Baseball team.  Yeah they have lots of injuries, but that is a sign that the team is getting old.  Bad contracts-- over 70 million dollars of payroll on the DL and a very poorly constructed Bull Pen.

This is a 75 win team in its current state.   They will be sellers at the deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: By the All Star Break

In Response to By the All Star Break:
    [QUOTE]The Red Sox will be fighting with the Orioles to stay out of last place.  Time to face it Red Sox Nation---- this is a bad Baseball team.  Yeah they have lots of injuries, but that is a sign that the team is getting old.  Bad contracts-- over 70 million dollars of payroll on the DL and a very poorly constructed Bull Pen. This is a 75 win team in its current state.   They will be sellers at the deadline.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]
    How old are Bailey and Ellsbury?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

The Sox will get it together, they just have to keep there heads above water until some of the big time players that are on the DL come back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

How old are Bailey and Ellsbury?

I was refering to Crawford/Dice K/ Lackey and the always and soon to be hurt Youk--- all on the other side of 30.   Just like winning, losing is contagous and this team is sickening to watch.  They are very weak up the middle -- especially at the #2, 6 and now with Ellsbury hurt-- the 8.

I would love to see Lavarnway as the #1 catcher--- can't be any worse then the way Salty calls a game.  It will actually be a fun team to watch when they bring up the kids and we can see them develop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: By the All Star Break:
    [QUOTE]In Response to By the All Star Break : How old are Bailey and Ellsbury?
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]
    Andrew Bailey turns 28 in May and Jacoby Ellsbury turns 29 in September.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: By the All Star Break : Andrew Bailey turns 28 in May and Jacoby Ellsbury turns 29 in September.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    Yup, right into their prime years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I  think they will still be in it, but they certainly have room for improvement. I am cynical about this team but I also would like to be surprised and they do have talent so I'm not ready to say they are "bad."

One thing: it is great to not see relentless posts from the likes of Dr. Baseball, Bosox and Georom about Francona waiting too long to pull a pitcher even through Valentine is doing the exact same thing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]How old are Bailey and Ellsbury? I was refering to Crawford/Dice K/ Lackey and the always and soon to be hurt Youk--- all on the other side of 30.   Just like winning, losing is contagous and this team is sickening to watch.  They are very weak up the middle -- especially at the #2, 6 and now with Ellsbury hurt-- the 8. I would love to see Lavarnway as the #1 catcher--- can't be any worse then the way Salty calls a game.  It will actually be a fun team to watch when they bring up the kids and we can see them develop.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

If anything, the biggest question about Lavarnway is his ability to handle the catching position, and yes, it could be worse than Salty.  I would like to see Lavarnway too, but I hope to see him as more of a polished major league catcher rather than a work in progress.  I also hope to see Iggy in due time, but from what I see in the stats column, Mark Belanger seemed to have more pop in his bat than this kid.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take Belanger's glove any day, but Iggy still has to prove he could even get to Belanger's level with the bat, which is about as high as this limbo bar.  

It's common to become intrigued and lust for the unknown and unfamiliar.  Kind of like getting a stiffy for the seemingly great gals that are not your familiar wife or girlfriend with their quirks and annoying habits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox will be fighting with the Orioles to stay out of last place.  Time to face it Red Sox Nation---- this is a bad Baseball team.  Yeah they have lots of injuries, but that is a sign that the team is getting old.  Bad contracts-- over 70 million dollars of payroll on the DL and a very poorly constructed Bull Pen. This is a 75 win team in its current state.   They will be sellers at the deadline.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

So !  Life goes on. Big F.... Deal.....Is there a line at the bridge. Love the sox but i have no control of what happens. Will be there to support team and hope they do well. Love the game of baseball and always will. My childhood seen many loses along the way but i've grown to enjoy all that baseball has to offer and sadly i have to tell you that winning is not always going to happen.The memories that i've taken with me these many years  will out weight any wins or loses.Enjoy the great game of baseball and stop crying !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

Um.... you know this team won 90 games last season even though we had the worst start and finish right? and you think we will lose 15 more games this season?? Why are you staying in this forum if you don't support this team? You don't deserve a single space in this forum...

I love to see what you say in about 22 games after we play the Yanks.  We are scheduled to play weaker teams for next 22 games.  We played the best teams in MLB so far to start this season.  Tigers, Rays, Rangers.  And with CC, Bailey, and some Ells out due to injuries, Sox actually did ok than I expected.  Lester, Beckett, and Buch will hold their grounds after getting into rhythm.  I still believe we have one of the top 1-2-3's in the league.  CC is about to come back,  Sox will make some changes accordingly as season matures. 

You are saying Sox will fight with the O's to stay out of last place only into 11 games of the season.  That's just plain stupidity.  And btw, O's are winning the division right now moron..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

Oh.. one more thing. you said this team will be the sellers at the deadline?  What kind of seller is this team with 2nd highest payroll?  Sox will never sell anybody but we will buy more to make the playoff.  And If you are calling this team a seller for trading Youk or Salty, then You really don't deserve a single space here..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They'll be below 500 at the AS break.

Ownership will not approve increasing the payroll.  They didn't do it last year when the were legitimate WS contenders, and they won't do it this year to make them slightly better.

The best thing this team can do is trade Dice-K at the Deadline for prospects and maybe someone like Jenks or Bailey if they get healthy.  Might even consider trading Youk for a good prospect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If you think the Red Sox are old...what about the Yankees?   And also the Orioles are a young team, and you still think they will finish last or forth?

You are not making whole alot sense.   If the Red Sox are old, so are the Yankees. They are the two teams should be fighting for the last place.

If you think the Orioles are a young team, then they should be the one fighting with Rays and Blue Jays for the first place.

Last year, they were a bit older than this year team, and still they were 5th best team in AL.  Almost made into the playoff.

Really the biggest problem this year is injuries.  With a healthy Red Sox team, Valentine will have an easier time to fix the pitching problem.  Such as to tell Bard to go to the bullpen, and use Dice K and Lackey in the rotation, etc.

You got to understand that there is nothing we can do.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Forget 2012 but if you look at the possibilities for improvement in 2013 while other teams slide, I can wait a year......of course, it all depends if Big Ben plays his cards right or not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Man, I wish Yaso and DirtyWater set the lines in Vegas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

definitely a badly constructed team considering everything that happened last year. however, the bp can only improve from here on. the hitters will heat up. i'd say they will get to above 80 wins, unless they throw in the towel by mid-season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

"above 80 wins" yeah, there's something to look forward to......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Geez -- people jumping ship and we're barely two weeks into the season. Pathetic. Any of you jumpers ever follow baseball for an entire season.

Every year we see teams left for dead in April and May make a run and make the playoffs. It's a long season.

Yes, today's loss was ugly and there are certainly major concerns with the team. But any Red Sox fan who's already whining and quitting -- just go away.

There's still a lot of talent. Right now, they can't click on the same page. I don't know if the Sox can turn it around, but I'm going to continue to do what I always do -- root for my team and stick by them in bad times just like I do in good times.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Geez -- people jumping ship and we're barely two weeks into the season. Pathetic. Any of you jumpers ever follow baseball for an entire season. Every year we see teams left for dead in April and May make a run and make the playoffs. It's a long season. Yes, today's loss was ugly and there are certainly major concerns with the team. But any Red Sox fan who's already whining and quitting -- just go away. There's still a lot of talent. Right now, they can't click on the same page. I don't know if the Sox can turn it around, but I'm going to continue to do what I always do -- root for my team and stick by them in bad times just like I do in good times.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]Well put roy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You are correct, we played the best teams in the AL and what we learned is that we cannot beat good teams. I even think the games we beat Tampa were an aberation. This is a seriously flawed team. We are in a rebuilding mode and Cook and Byrd are not going to save this team. They will be sellers by The All Star Game. In response to "Re: By the All Star Break": [QUOTE]In Response to By the All Star Break : Um.... you know this team won 90 games last season even though we had the worst start and finish right? and you think we will lose 15 more games this season?? Why are you staying in this forum if you don't support this team? You don't deserve a single space in this forum... I love to see what you say in about 22 games after we play the Yanks.  We are scheduled to play weaker teams for next 22 games.  We played the best teams in MLB so far to start this season.  Tigers, Rays, Rangers.  And with CC, Bailey, and some Ells out due to injuries, Sox actually did ok than I expected.  Lester, Beckett, and Buch will hold their grounds after getting into rhythm.  I still believe we have one of the top 1-2-3's in the league.  CC is about to come back,  Sox will make some changes accordingly as season matures.  You are saying Sox will fight with the O's to stay out of last place only into 11 games of the season.  That's just plain stupidity.  And btw, O's are winning the division right now moron.. Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This is the worst sox team since 1997.

Hard to imagine them over .500 at anytime this season - unless they make a move to get real help

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Geez -- people jumping ship and we're barely two weeks into the season. Pathetic. Any of you jumpers ever follow baseball for an entire season. Every year we see teams left for dead in April and May make a run and make the playoffs. It's a long season. Yes, today's loss was ugly and there are certainly major concerns with the team. But any Red Sox fan who's already whining and quitting -- just go away. There's still a lot of talent. Right now, they can't click on the same page. I don't know if the Sox can turn it around, but I'm going to continue to do what I always do -- root for my team and stick by them in bad times just like I do in good times.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    Way to go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

royf19 would I not be rooting for my team by suggesting if on July 1st we are still playing poorly that the brass detonate the roster and bring up the kids? Is that giving up on my part? Am I a non-fan?  

Would I be a hater if I said in July we do whatever it takes to trade Beckett (especially if he is doing well) and Youk and perhaps even Ellesbury?  

Have I jumped ship by suggesting there is an enormous opportunity to re-shape this team for 2013 and beyond, an opportunity that means jettisoning a number of quality players?  Of course again this is if the Red Sox are still wallowing in their sorrows July 1.

If we are going to lose and not make the play-offs I would rather be rooting for the young players and the newly acquired than this bunch. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The Red Sox will be fighting with the Orioles to stay out of last place. 

Time to face it Red Sox Nation---- this is a bad Baseball team.  Yeah they have lots of injuries, but that is a sign that the team is getting old.  Bad contracts-- over 70 million dollars of payroll on the DL and a very poorly constructed Bull Pen.

This is a 75 win team in its current state.   They will be sellers at the deadline.
    Formerly JYASO

After another Mammoth bullpen collapse---- maybe all you optomists will take your blinders off.  The Red Sox BullPen is the worst bullpen in the AL East.  Other then Lester and an occasional Start from Beckett the starters cant even go 7 innings, which magnifies the problem even more.

Formerly JYASO

I'd rather be an optimist in a bad situation than a quitter.  This is a really tough start, worse, IMO, than last year.  The bull pen does stink.  Does it mean they will stay that way?  I really hope not.  Will Clay pitch poorly all season?  I hope not.

But I'd rather be looking for the good than saying "I told you how bad they were." 

Do I expect the Sox to turn around?

Absolutely.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Since YAZ

I'd rather be an optimist in a bad situation than a quitter.  This is a really tough start, worse, IMO, than last year.  The bull pen does stink.  Does it mean they will stay that way?  I really hope not.  Will Clay pitch poorly all season?  I hope not.

But I'd rather be looking for the good than saying "I told you how bad they were." 

Do I expect the Sox to turn around?

Absolutely.

Dude, I am not quitting on my team--- I have been A FAN of this team since Yaz -- and will continue to root them even in a down year.   This is a down year.  As stated earlier this is a poorly constructed team with a horrible bullpen.  To make matters worse they have a lot of key players injured.  Even though they have had a tough schedule to start the season it doesn't hide the fact that they are not even remotely close to being able to compette with these teams such as Texas, Detroit and even the Yankees.  People keep saying--"once they get past this part of the schedule"----- Well news flash, the Bullpen is still going to implode against the so called weaker teams.

I am just calling the way I see it.  That does'nt mean I am quitting on my team at all.  As stated earlier, I can except that this year may have to be a step back, to take a step forward.  When June comes around and they are 10 or 15 games below .500 we better see some of the young kids getting their opportunity.

Sections
Shortcuts