By the All Star Break

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: By the All Star Break

In Response to Re: By the All Star Break:
    Geez -- people jumping ship and we're barely two weeks into the season. Pathetic. Any of you jumpers ever follow baseball for an entire season. Every year we see teams left for dead in April and May make a run and make the playoffs. It's a long season. Yes, today's loss was ugly and there are certainly major concerns with the team. But any Red Sox fan who's already whining and quitting -- just go away. There's still a lot of talent. Right now, they can't click on the same page. I don't know if the Sox can turn it around, but I'm going to continue to do what I always do -- root for my team and stick by them in bad times just like I do in good times.
    Posted by royf19

I've been a fan since 75 or so when I was 10. I never thought I would live to see a WS win, I always root for them and stick by them.  None of this means I have to have blind optimism and think they are better than they are.

I think the difference is this year rather than last is this year it is very apparent that the pitching is horrible.  Last year there was still hope, before Buch got hurt, that Lester, beckett, buch, Dice and Lacky was a really good rotation, and that paps, Bard, jenks, was a good bullpen.

This year is is more than apparent that the pitching is a disaster.  None of this means I will stop caring or rooting for them. I just dont see them being that good this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

4 1/2 back with 148 to go.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: By the All Star Break : Yeah, but Terry's gone!.... HE'S GONE!!....TERRY'S GONE!!.....sob sniff sob....HE'S GONE, MAN!!.....IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY TODAY AND WE COULDN'T EVEN SING HIM HAPPY BIRTHDAY...BECAUSE HE'S GONE!!....shreik moan sob...AND HE'S NOT COMING BACK....WHY GOD WHY??!.....
    Posted by bellhorn_

you seem kind of obsessed by this whole Francona thing.  I think it is more that the Red Sox were touted as possibly one of the best teams of all time last year and since september 3 of 2011 are 10 and 28. Thats bad. 

so therefore some people freak out when things get bad. Thats their nature. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: By the All Star Break : really?....once they put the wild card in, I figured I'd see a world championship sometime in the near future.....especially when an ownership with deep pockets came in in 2002....it was only going to be a matter of time. This isn't 'magic' we're talking about.
    Posted by bellhorn_

Whats up dude.  You get cranky late at night?  You doing okay?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

How old are Bailey and Ellsbury? I was refering to Crawford/Dice K/ Lackey and the always and soon to be hurt Youk--- all on the other side of 30.   Just like winning, losing is contagous and this team is sickening to watch.  They are very weak up the middle -- especially at the #2, 6 and now with Ellsbury hurt-- the 8. I would love to see Lavarnway as the #1 catcher--- can't be any worse then the way Salty calls a game.  It will actually be a fun team to watch when they bring up the kids and we can see them develop.
    Posted by Yaso#7

I also like Lavarnway but can you exsplain how you know that Salty calls a bad game? Can the pitchers call him off  or are pitchers missing their spots? If Salty calls for fastball  on the outside and it's down the middle is it the catchers fault. Iwould say it's more the pitcher missing then bad calling....Yes bring up some kids. agree !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

2 years ago I commented it felt like an 89 win team and was called all manner of troll/doom and gloomer/bridge jumper/etc. They got 88.

I feel worse about this team. Sometimes, the truth really hurts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I  think they will still be in it, but they certainly have room for improvement. I am cynical about this team but I also would like to be surprised and they do have talent so I'm not ready to say they are "bad." One thing: it is great to not see relentless posts from the likes of Dr. Baseball, Bosox and Georom about Francona waiting too long to pull a pitcher even through Valentine is doing the exact same thing. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

um, i wrote about that yesterday...way to talk out of your azz

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The only relevant questions are which players should be part of the 2013 team and beyond.  Which ones are the malcontents that must go?  Which kids could benefit by being called up now?  How can we pull a Toronto and dump Crawford (ala Wells and Rios)?  Who would be the best manager under these new conditions?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In Response to By the All Star Break:
    The Red Sox will be fighting with the Orioles to stay out of last place.  Time to face it Red Sox Nation---- this is a bad Baseball team.  Yeah they have lots of injuries, but that is a sign that the team is getting old.  Bad contracts-- over 70 million dollars of payroll on the DL and a very poorly constructed Bull Pen. This is a 75 win team in its current state.   They will be sellers at the deadline.
    Posted by Yaso#7

At least you guys will still have the fake/meaningless "Fenway Park Sellout" streak. :D

Sections
Shortcuts