C. C. Sabathia: The cracks are starting to show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

C. C. Sabathia: The cracks are starting to show

Since the NYY plane didnt crash, (BDC inside joke) we had those same old Yankees for games three and four. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of plate discipline NYY are showing, but I think losing game one the way they did with Jeter going out has done them in. But what of Sabathia now? He is still a great pitcher, but over the past season to season and a half, the cracks are strating to show IMO. I believe NYY have ridden him so hard that its starting to use him up. How many times have we seen him utterly collapse in a PS game since game 5 of the 2007 ALCS? As of right now, the Yankees have virtually nothing in their starting rotation. Should we celebrate, or batten down the hatches and prepare for another FA bidding war?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: C. C. Sabathia: The cracks are starting to show

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

How many times have we seen him utterly collapse in a PS game since game 5 of the 2007 ALCS? As of right now, the Yankees have virtually nothing in their starting rotation.

LOL

you should use green ink for sarcasm

other wise some one might think you were serious

Dead serious zac. Sabathia is getting old, are you saying hes not? You telling me you havent noticed a drop off with him the past couple years? That he didnt stink the joint up and and totally collapse today? Pettitte is ancient, Kuroda is 37 (and you may not even have him next year), Nova ghacked near the end and is still young, and who else? Phil Hughes? How quaint. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

maybe Ben was ahead of the curve when he dumped a wad of the payroll slackers.   reminds me of the typing drill in high school..."now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party."

regardless, the 2012 party is over for Yanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

one could argue his FB is a tad off

bottom line

CC's whip in july was 1.15 aug 0.90 and 0.97 Sept/Oct

and 0.84 in 2 PO games this yr B4 tonight and it's hard to hang tonight on him

in other words I'm not buying your cc is anything less than he was

as far as the 2 old stuff goes

I guess the sox pitching was to young this yr

as far as not having kuroda next yr

how bout a list of yanks that left when the yanks didn't want them to

andy 10 yrs ago ?

Taking shots at the Sox wont bother me. Of all people on this forum, it bothers me the least. I hated the Yankees long before I ever started following the Sox, so for me its basically two separate issues. I had no thought of the Sox when I posted ths OP. and, I didnt say CC was not a good pitcher, I said hes begun to decline, and there can be no doubt of that. And even if what you say is absolutely true, whos going to pitch the other 4 games as you stand now? Better hit the FA market this year. Im not sure what you mean with your final argument about guys leaving the Yanks and coming back 10 years later, but Im sure Kuroda will come back when hes 47 and be lights out.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

8-1

good luck tigers

LOL

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

, I didnt say CC was not a good pitcher, I said hes begun to decline, and there can be no doubt of that. Im not sure what you mean with your final argument about guys leaving the Yanks and coming back 10 years later, but Im sure Kuroda will come back when hes 47 and be lights out.

you said he declined to the point where

''As of right now, the Yankees have virtually nothing in their starting rotation.''

obviously that wasn't my point with kuroda

you felt the need to mention 

''(and you may not even have him next year)''

I asked you for a list of when that was a problem

And I still dont know what you mean. My point was that Kuroda was your second best pitcher, is 37 (making what he did this year a crap shoot), may not be back, and if he is may not do this again at his age. That leaves you with Sabathia, who while still a good pitcher, is beginning to show signs of not being the A+ starter he once was. I said: beginning. Hence, your rotation is in trouble. This is what I meant, all sophistry aside. Doesnt mean other teams are not also in trouble, but dont deny that NYY have bigger pitching questions and more of them than theyve had in a long time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

bottom line

and 0.84 in 2 PO games this yr B4 tonight and it's hard to hang tonight all on him

andy 10 yrs ago ?

The Yankees are going to have some problems for the next few years. CC does not have the body type that can remain injury free for a long time as he ages. Jeter is getting old; Rivera is too. And they are stuck with Arod for five more years of him being overpaid. Teixeira is good, but not good enough to compensate for the other weaknesses on the team, including the SP. Cano is really the only superstar left. Unless Hank opens up his wallet and Cashman starts making great decisions, the Yankees will be battling the Red Sox for fourth place next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

bottom line

and 0.84 in 2 PO games this yr B4 tonight and it's hard to hang tonight all on him

andy 10 yrs ago ?

The Yankees are going to have some problems for the next few years. CC does not have the body type that can remain injury free for a long time as he ages. Jeter is getting old; Rivera is too. And they are stuck with Arod for five more years of him being overpaid. Teixeira is good, but not good enough to compensate for the other weaknesses on the team, including the SP. Cano is really the only superstar left. Unless Hank opens up his wallet and Cashman starts making great decisions, the Yankees will be battling the Red Sox for fourth place next year.

Agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Look on the bright side Sabathia, at least you are not as fat as Fielder.   :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

pins just remember you are talking to RS fans who don't give a crap about yesterday. They only know how bad a guy looks on that given moment. For many RS fans it is all about results not right now.

IF CC were a RS pitcher it would be trade the fat slob to LA along with Beckett

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The "Yank Tank" has begun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

A few problems I can think of,.....

1. Jeter is out 4 to 5 months after having surgery.  Will he recover?
    2. A-Rod.  Will he be traded?  If so, how much will the Yankees need to give up?
    3. Soriano might opt out of his contract.
    4. Mariano Rivera.  Will the Yankees keep him?
    5. Swisher is a free agent.
    6. Kuroda is a free agent.
    7. Eric Chavez is a free agent.
    8. Is the crazy lady still stalking Brian Cashman?
    9. Will the two females contact A-Rod?

You are right--The "Yank Tank" has begun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

pins just remember you are talking to RS fans who don't give a crap about yesterday. They only know how bad a guy looks on that given moment. For many RS fans it is all about results not right now.

IF CC were a RS pitcher it would be trade the fat slob to LA along with Beckett

Sabathia has probably seen his best days. They were very good, and I would not have objected to him being on our team at all. I just think that he will begin to fall apart soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Yippee; thank you Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:

Yippee; thank you Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

One down, one to go. The Cardinals must die (figuratively of course, I wont get near their planes I promise).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There's plenty to tank; that was a horrific display of baseball, where weaknesses were exposed like nobody's business; and not surprising either. There were symptoms all year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This makes me even more thankful that the Sox were able to rid themselves of 250mm worth of bad fits in Boston.

Its not often that you can get a do over in one move like that. And get compensated for it.

It might start to look even worse over the next couple years for the pinstripes as far as the return on some of those hefty contracts...Up next, Robinson Cano looking for a long-term deal at age 31.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

bottom line

andy 10 yrs ago ?

As much as I hate to admit it the Yankees have to be favorites to repeat as East Champs.

Nothing I saw in this years postseason changes that.

With the exception of last night their pitching was good enough to advance.

Can't explain their lack of hitting other than to tip my cap to the Tigers staff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

CC had elbow issues the second half of this year.

It'll be innteresting to see what getting that cleaned up in the off season deos for him next year.

Could be a reccurring problem. Elbows are tricky things....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

CC had elbow issues the second half of this year.

It'll be innteresting to see what getting that cleaned up in the off season deos for him next year.

Could be a reccurring problem. Elbows are tricky things....

In his two previous starts prior to last night I saw a staff ace dominate opposing hitters.

Last night he simply didn't have it. It happens.

Sections
Shortcuts