Cabrera & Fielder should feel guilty collecting their salaries.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Cabrera & Fielder should feel guilty collecting their salaries.

I can imagine the Detroit fan base disgusted with these two and, yup, I know Miggy was injured. If I were not such a fanatic Sox fan, I'd felt sorry for Scherzer. Many of us were unhappy with Naps' strike outs but his 2 HRs were critical. Victorino was 2 for 20 something and there was talk of moving him down in the order but he was in a slump & hopefully he's out of it for the next series. Drew's offense was pathetic but he paid his way with great defense especially tonight with 2 men on and Cabrera up. Ross contributed in Game 5 and is a VG defensive catcher. Zander had ice water in his veins waiting out to get 2 walks and then a double. I'd continue to play him instead of Middy. Salty, hopefully will come alive & provide some power with a HR(s), double etc. I'd play Gomes as much as possible. Hey, Pedey missed getting us a 3 run lead by inches and I forgive his bobble in game 4 with his defense tonight. OK, I'm rambling. Do we pitch Peavy in Game 4 ? I say, yes, but on a very short lease. Good night guys. Only 10pm here on the coast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Cabrera & Fielder should feel guilty collecting their salaries.

Cabrera has nothing to feel guilty about. He has a groin injury that might have shelved other lesser players, but he played the entire series and gave it his best effort. A consumate pro. As for Fielder, he slumped at the wrong time and over his last few years he's obviously not been a prime time player.

Hetch 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Cabrera has nothing to feel guilty about. He has a groin injury that might have shelved other lesser players, but he played the entire series and gave it his best effort. A consumate pro. As for Fielder, he slumped at the wrong time and over his last few years he's obviously not been a prime time player.

Hetch 

Amen. Though Fielder is deserving of criticism, Cabrera was clearly playing hurt. Don't know whether the Sox could have won this series if the Tigers had a healthy Cabrera. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Sorry, guys maybe I was too harsh on Cabrera and maybe we are lucky he was not at 100%.  I'm not a Fielder fan and he is so fat that even on base, he's not a big threat. I'm happy he's not on the Red Sox team & I don't like his curls either.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Sorry, guys maybe I was too harsh on Cabrera and maybe we are lucky he was not at 100%.  I'm not a Fielder fan and he is so fat that even on base, he's not a big threat. I'm happy he's not on the Red Sox team & I don't like his curls either.

Not sure why the hatred for Fielder. I watched him play for the Brewers out here in Milwaukee for most of his career until signing with Detroit. He might be heavy, and his range isn't great but for a big man he covers a decent amount of ground, and has a lifetime .992 fielding avg. He's a team player from what I know of him, doesn't complain, etc. He had a bad post season but players slump, maybe putting too much pressure on themselves to help the team win. He regularly drives in over 100runs a year with a very high OBP. I guess you would have hated Ted William based on his one post season appearance when he his .200 in seven games with zero hrs and one rbi.

Just making a valid point. 

Hetch

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Chicagofire's comment:

SFBostonFan is actually very happy tonight. Don't misunderstand him.

Hi Chicago, 

Not sure where your handle comes from but I work in the Windy City.

Not trying to be too hard on him but I don't understand negative feelings about a player SF probably knows little to nothing about, plays in another city, etc. Instead of posting negative stuff fans should be screaming from the roof tops, well maybe not, but you get my idea.

Hetchless 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Hi Chicago, 

Not trying to be too hard on him but I don't understand negative feelings about a player SF probably knows little to nothing about, plays in another city, etc. Instead of posting negative stuff fans should be screaming from the roof tops, well maybe not, but you get my idea.

Hetchless 

It's Pike

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hi Chicago, 

Hetchless 

Check out my IP address. I live in Chicago also but am an avid Red Sox fan. I expected just a bit of celebration here tonight but see none.

Not sure how to check your IP Address from here but great to see another Sox fan out here. I had my 2007 Red Sox World Series sweat shirt on all day and found numerous other Sox fans out here in Milwaukee while around town today.

Yeah, I thought the same. Thought I'd log on and see lots of folks cheering like crazy, but it seems the majority of us are ecstatic, but the usual one or two trolls to remain un-named as we all know who they are, continue to post the usual Sctuff. Amazingly Softy and Bill806 are suddenly very quiet. It's probably past the bedtime.

Any ways, it's a great night to be a former Bostonian and still as always a diehard Red Sox fan.

Cheers,

Hetch  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Hi Chicago, 

Hetchless 

Check out my IP address. I live in Chicago also but am an avid Red Sox fan. I expected just a bit of celebration here tonight but see none.

you would think more celebration for a team predicted for no better than .500. but i don't think the 34,000 screaming fans at Fenway care much about this site anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hi Chicago, 

Hetchless 

Most of us celebrate in front of the TV, which was certainly my case.  I can remember rooting for the Sox and listening most nights to Curt Gowdy, summeres of 1953 and 1954.  Can you?

When I post, I sometimes go positive, sometimes not so positive, but I usually am trying to say something worth reading.  I definitely over-reacted to Iglesias's errors, but by then end of game 6 I was completely irritated about the short shrift give to Drew, who in fact was a very good SS for Boston this year with the 5th best SS WAR in the AL.  So, yeah, when the Sox were vindicated, I got vindictive. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not sure why the hatred for Fielder. I watched him play for the Brewers out here in Milwaukee for most of his career until signing with Detroit. He might be heavy, and his range isn't great but for a big man he covers a decent amount of ground, and has a lifetime .992 fielding avg. He's a team player from what I know of him, doesn't complain, etc. He had a bad post season but players slump, maybe putting too much pressure on themselves to help the team win. He regularly drives in over 100runs a year with a very high OBP. I guess you would have hated Ted William based on his one post season appearance when he his .200 in seven games with zero hrs and one rbi.

Hetch

Hetch,

I'll add that Fielder also plays every day and since signing with the Tigers has played every game...that includes facing tough lefties, when many would sit he plays..I'd take him on my team The guys a class act and from everything I've read a good teammate and a solid citizen...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Hetch

++++1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Most of us celebrate in front of the TV, which was certainly my case.  I can remember rooting for the Sox and listening most nights to Curt Gowdy, summeres of 1953 and 1954.  Can you?

1-I try not to get to far ahead of myself.  We have to beat a tough Cards team.  Then I'll celebrate.

2-I'm not a noisy celebrator.  I prefer quiet contemplation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Hetch 

Amen. Though Fielder is deserving of criticism, Cabrera was clearly playing hurt. Don't know whether the Sox could have won this series if the Tigers had a healthy Cabrera. 

That's my POV as well.  Even injured, he still had a .794 for the series.  I'm just happy he wasn't at his best.  Even injured, he still has a great swing and beautiful plate coverage.  A guy like WMB should spend the winter fetching Miggy his morning coffee and watching his batting practice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Hetch 

Does Fielder have 9 years left on contract?   Wow ! what a waste of millions. Nobody is worth a huge contract with many years added to it. When will baseball ever learn ? Think what problem Detriot will have with those pitchers? It worked for Phillies? Where are they? Dodgers huge payroll ...it work for them .Where are they now? Yankees,Texas, LA Angeles,.....Wake up owners????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Hi Chicago, 

Hetchless 

I LIVE in the Windy City.  Well, just outside of it.

I am going to have fun torturing Cubs's fans on Monday.  "You don't understand.  It's been SIX LONG YEARS since I've seen the Sox win a title."  They will get angry with me, [probably make lots of Stanley Cup trash talk, but I can handle that.  ("Is that hockey?  Awww! That's so cute that they gave you guys a trophy for that!")  

And in the end, they will stall hate the Cardinals'fans more...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Detroit hitters, and Red Sox hitters, for that matter, aren't the first sluggers to get shut down, in the playoffs.

They wont be the last.

Good pitching will do that.

I'm sure Detroit fans are frustrated.

But, they'll be back. nerxt year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Cabrera is injured, pretty admirable to even willing to be in the lineup.

Fielder was just attrocious.  I think he has to do something about that great hanging out tummy that seems to come in the middle of everything he does.  That slide stopping short of 3rd was hillarious.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Hi Chicago, 

Hetchless 

Not sure how to check your IP Address from here but great to see another Sox fan out here. I had my 2007 Red Sox World Series sweat shirt on all day and found numerous other Sox fans out here in Milwaukee while around town today.

Yeah, I thought the same. Thought I'd log on and see lots of folks cheering like crazy, but it seems the majority of us are ecstatic, but the usual one or two trolls to remain un-named as we all know who they are, continue to post the usual Sctuff. Amazingly Softy and Bill806 are suddenly very quiet. It's probably past the bedtime.

Any ways, it's a great night to be a former Bostonian and still as always a diehard Red Sox fan.

Cheers,

Hetch  

===============================

RE: Not sure why the hatred for Fielder. I watched him play for the Brewers out here in Milwaukee for most of his career until signing with Detroit. He might be heavy, and his range isn't great but for a big man he covers a decent amount of ground, and has a lifetime .992 fielding avg. He's a team player from what I know of him, doesn't complain, etc. He had a bad post season but players slump, maybe putting too much pressure on themselves to help the team win. He regularly drives in over 100runs a year with a very high OBP. I guess you would have hated Ted William based on his one post season appearance when he his .200 in seven games with zero hrs and one rbi.

Hetch

Hetch---your making a valid point is your opinion and you are entitled to it and you are factual but I feel Fielder is overpaid and overrated and I will appreciate no scathing remarks about my $.02 because I'm entitled to feel as I do as a fan. He can play on your team if you want but I wouldn't want him on mine.

First of all, Thank You Chicago for explaining you are a non Boston resident but still a fan.

Also, Thank You Bling Blang as I agree with you about "Fielder was just attrocious.  I think he has to do something about that great hanging out tummy that seems to come in the middle of everything he does.  That slide stopping short of 3rd was hillarious."

And thank you also donrd4 "Does Fielder have 9 years left on contract?   Wow ! what a waste of millions. Nobody is worth a huge contract with many years added to it."

Hetch,  this is a forum and we are entitled to offers opinions, negative or not, and I do not need to hear " but I don't understand negative feelings about a player SF probably knows little to nothing about, plays in another city, etc. Instead of posting negative stuff fans should be screaming from the roof tops".

I did apologize for my negativity on Cabrera but I am entitled to say for his salary I would not want Fielder on my team. Read my BIO/Pro-File. Roots run deep as I'm born in Portland and spent 21 years, college and all, in Maine and although I live in Cal, I am and have been, the past 40 + years a Boston Team's fan, Sox, Pats, Celtics & Bruins. Return every year to New England where I still have family & go to Fenway. I actually wanted A's & Dodgers to win so I could go to the Sox games & also root against C. Crawford(oops hope you're not offended I said that about C.C.).

Cabrera was injured so excusable he didn't play well this series. However, the Triple Crown winner in last year's World Series when they were swept by the Giants( former Sox alumni I always liked Marco Scutaro was a hero), hit 3-13(.231) and Fielder really did choke last years as this one too hitting 1-14(.071).

And by the way I was estatic with our victory and in a sports bar where at least 75% of the fans were Expats. How's this for consideration, I actually feel bad for Scherzer who deserved a better fate yet I'm delighted we won. Please let fans express their feelings, negative or otherwise, w/o disparaging remarks questioning one's baseabll acumen & saying probably knows nothing about something.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

What is most comical here is ones that come down on Ortiz for not hitting, are giving Fielder a free pass. W H A T is up with that?

Sections
Shortcuts