Cafardo: Farrell Says Change Likely at Closer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Cafardo: Farrell Says Change Likely at Closer

In response to patrickford's comment:

I like RDLR as an option as well. Closing is a "make-up" issue. It's even more a "make-up" issue in Boston. It's been shown there are guys who just can not play in Boston. The pressure caves them. Sadly Bailey has proven to be that kind of player. 

Uehara is not an option. He's not durable enough.

Tazawa looked a bit suspect when he tried to close. 

I might be inclined to give Aceves another shot. 

It wouldn't hurt to roll RDLR out there. I never felt a player acquired a closers mentality, or the kind of mental make-up needed to perform under pressure. 

RDLR is on an innings limit this year and is bound to be shut down at some point.  His innings could be limited and stretched out in a bullpen role but could still poise problems down the road and into the playoffs.

Also you are talking about a potential top of the rotation starter who you are trying to groom into a starting role, I don't think taking him in a recovery season and say "hey instead of trying to increase your innings a little bit every start, just go out there every day and throw as hard as you can for 15 pitches"

It works....but it also doesn't work.  You don't know how the TJ recovering starter in the minors is going to do closing in the majors. 

I say we try closer by committee for the next month and if we find someone who sticks (and that may be Bailey if he can recover then so be it) but if we can't....then I think the orginization looks to trade for a closer. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

No, no. Those options don't go along w/ my amazing Entry music marketing idea w/ Miller. 

This clip comes to mind:

http://youtu.be/iwFKSl-3dPc

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If they don't figure it out I'm sure the Sox will look to trade for someone but I fully 100% expect them to try and resolve this internally for the next 30 days

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

At this point I'm a lot more concerned about Buchholtz than I am the closer. I absolutely don't favor a trade until it's known what is going on with Buchholtz. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I think Uehara should be named as our closer during the vacancy at least.  He pounds strike zone and has swing and miss breaking stuff.  And his passion and attitude well deserve a chance.  

Agree with you on Uehara being named the closer.  He not only pounds the strike zone and has good breaking stuff, but I also like his poise on the mound.  If and when somone gets on base against him, Uehara dosen't get upset visually or sulk around on the mound, he jiust continues to pound the zone on the next batter.  GO UEHARA AND GO SOX!