Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster

Twice in the extra bases game blog, Cafardo says Anderson could make the cut. Anybody see how this is possible?  He's had a great Spring, and maybe he's an extra bat until Crawford gets back, but I don't see how you keep a backup 1B on the roster.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster

In Response to Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster:
    Twice in the extra bases game blog, Cafardo says Anderson could make the cut. Anybody see how this is possible?  He's had a great Spring, and maybe he's an extra bat until Crawford gets back, but I don't see how you keep a backup 1B on the roster.  
    Posted by slomag
    Neither do I, especially one who bats lefty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster:
    Posted by slomag

Unfortunately Andersons good spring only helps his trade value at this point because he simply has no place in the lineup unless both Adrian and/or Youk get hurt.  I see Anderson, Bowden, Tazawa etc. being in the same position Reddick got caught up in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

How good is Anderson's trade value if he never gets in an MLB game?  Valentine has put him in LF, and while he's a left-handed hitter, there isn't much of a drop when hitting lefties.  If he can handle LF, is he a better option than McDonald?  McDonald has had a great spring too, but at age 33, we know who he is. 

Long-term, we may need a DH next year, and an OF in 2014.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster":
    How good is Anderson's trade value if he never gets in an MLB game?  Valentine has put him in LF, and while he's a left-handed hitter, there isn't much of a drop when hitting lefties.  If he can handle LF, is he a better option than McDonald?  McDonald has had a great spring too, but at age 33, we know who he is.  Long-term, we may need a DH next year, and an OF in 2014. Posted by slomag
    While it's possible that we may need a right fielder in 2014, especially if Kalish doesn't develop, but Lars Anderson isn't nearly athletic enough to play right field at Fenway. He could possibly be serviceable in left, but that would require a Crawford trade, which is unlikely, at least at this point...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster:
    In response to "Re: Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster": While it's possible that we may need a right fielder in 2014, especially if Kalish doesn't develop, but Lars Anderson isn't nearly athletic enough to play right field at Fenway. He could possibly be serviceable in left, but that would require a Crawford trade, which is unlikely, at least at this point...
    Posted by jasko2248

I agree jasko, Lars is in a tough position to make the big club.  His chances were slim after Rizzo had a big year, then was used to get Adrian.  DH?  Who knows how that plays out with Papi, Youk or Lav but either way I don't see Lars putting up better numbers than any of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He is playing well. He may actually deserve a spot , but I don't see how they can make room for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I was actually thinking that our chances of re-signing Ellsbury are slim.  Crawford could probably play center, or Kalish could play center and Crawford right, leaving LF open, the easiest of the OF positions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Cafardo says Lars Anderson could make the 25-man roster":
    I was actually thinking that our chances of re-signing Ellsbury are slim.  Crawford could probably play center, or Kalish could play center and Crawford right, leaving LF open, the easiest of the OF positions. Posted by slomag
    I see your point, but outfield defense is important, something this front office learned after 2010. Crawford doesn't like center and they would never put him in right. Anderson's best chance to be an outfielder would be with another team, unless Crawford is somehow traded...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts