Cafardo:•Twins and Red Sox might be in the best position to acquire Giancarlo Stanton this offseason-What players would you offer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe

“The Red Sox might be in a better position than the Twins because the Twins have to rely on their top players to come up and man several positions,” said one baseball executive.

My offer: Junichi Tazawa/Will Middlebrooks/Anthony Ranaudo/Drake Britton/Bryce Brentz

Your offer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

start with JBJ and Webster headlining the deal. Add other non-top prospects until the Marlins accept. i'd maybe part with WMB to get it done also

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Marlins may insist on Bogaerts and Owens, but I'd try hard to avoid giving either by concentrating on quantity over quality.

I'd offer a lot for this kid.I'd start with this:

5 players for 1 (maybe get them to throw in Cishek too)

Choose one:

Bradley and Barnes

or 

Webster and Brentz

then, choose 1 from:

Barnes, Workman, Britton, de la Rosa

then, choose 2 from:

Marrero, Lavarnway, Wilson, de la Torre, de la Cruz, Hassan, Haazelbaker, or Coyle

Maybe throw in some more lower kids.

My guess is they may take: Bradley, Barnes, DLR, Marrero, and Lava.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Marlins may insist on Bogaerts and Owens, but I'd try hard to avoid giving either by concentrating on quantity over quality.

I'd offer a lot for this kid.I'd start with this:

5 players for 1 (maybe get them to throw in Cishek too)

Choose one:

Bradley and Barnes

or 

Webster and Brentz

then, choose 1 from:

Barnes, Workman, Britton, de la Rosa

then, choose 2 from:

Marrero, Lavarnway, Wilson, de la Torre, de la Cruz, Hassan, Haazelbaker, or Coyle

Maybe throw in some more lower kids.

My guess is they may take: Bradley, Barnes, DLR, Marrero, and Lava.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ooops

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ooops

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont think Ben will give up what the marlins would want. The Twins would have to give up Buxton and the Sox Bogaerts to get the deal started. Then throw in a top pitching prospect along with a couple more names. Im thinking at least a 3-4 for 1 deal. Maybe the Marlins will throw in another player depending on the return.

Me? I dont trade for him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We should give up our top seven prospects. Then we can go crazy when Stanton flops in Boston. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We should give up our top seven prospects. Then we can go crazy when Stanton flops in Boston. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Without Bogaerts you'd have to give up any other 4 from our top 10 to get him plus you'd likely have to throw in 2-3 lottery prospects as well.

JBJ, Cecchini, Barnes, Owens and perhaps BBrentz and Henry Ramos get it done.

Thats a lot to give up....but it would take a lot to get Florida to say yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Without Bogaerts you'd have to give up any other 4 from our top 10 to get him plus you'd likely have to throw in 2-3 lottery prospects as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sorry about that. This site is still messed up. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Really??? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

This happens every time the title of the thread is too long.

Just click 'add your post' then hit the refresh button.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

This happens every time the title of the thread is too long.

Just click 'add your post' then hit the refresh button.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I did not think it posted, so I hit " add your post " several times. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I dont think Ben will give up what the marlins would want. The Twins would have to give up Buxton and the Sox Bogaerts to get the deal started. Then throw in a top pitching prospect along with a couple more names. Im thinking at least a 3-4 for 1 deal. Maybe the Marlins will throw in another player depending on the return.

Me? I dont trade for him.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade for him either.  His K-rate is very high, and he hasn't shown the ability to stay on the field.  He's been in the pros 3 years, 2 months, and has a career WAR of only 12.4, owing mostly to injuries.  And at a level of 1500 PAs since 2010, Stanton is 5th in K%, out of 176 qualified.

He's a good player certainly, but I see him more like a Justin Upton type, and less a game-changer like Trout.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

NO player is worth 6 or 7 of any teams top prospects. They just built the minors and many here want to rape it clean with one trade. NO NO NO a thousandtimes NO

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

How we know that he is that good?  Why can we just move Bogaret to LF and he ll probably hit as good as Staton or maybe better than him!!!!!

Right now Stanton's value havent change from his rookie to today.  Meaning the Marlins is now have to start accepting lesser players in return.  Marlins should have dealt him two years ago where they would have gotten pretty much prospects in return such as Bradley, Bogaret, Raunado, etc.

To have a fair deal today, it is Stanton for Bogaret and maybe a top five pitcher.  That is it. 

Seriously, forget this guy.  Boston have enuff player that can hit as good as him already such as Bogaret, Bentz, among others.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

How we know that he is that good?  Why can we just move Bogaret to LF and he ll probably hit as good as Staton or maybe better than him!!!!!

Right now Stanton's value havent change from his rookie to today.  Meaning the Marlins is now have to start accepting lesser players in return.  Marlins should have dealt him two years ago where they would have gotten pretty much prospects in return such as Bradley, Bogaret, Raunado, etc.

To have a fair deal today, it is Stanton for Bogaret and maybe a top five pitcher.  That is it. 

Seriously, forget this guy.  Boston have enuff player that can hit as good as him already such as Bogaret, Bentz, among others.