DISCLAIMER: THIS IS INTENDED TO BE A FUN GAME; IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE SERIOUS DISCUSSION OF WHETHER NAVA OR WMB IS THE BETTER PLAYER.

In this season of DL purgatory, I will try to focus on a positive development: the surprising performance of our minor league replacement players.  Some may say this isn't necessary ... after all this team has been playing .600 ball for almost six weeks now.  Let's not be led into the trap of optimism and just focus on all we have left, the glory of individual stats and accomplishments.

Regardless of whether you wear a pink hat, rose colored glasses or a "Bridge to Nowhere" tee-shirt, Daniel Nava and Will Middlebrooks have so far exceeded all expectations.  My question to you: who will over-perform the longest?  I will use OPS as my yard stick with two benchmarks of .900 and 1.000.  On the .900+ measure, Nava has the current lead by remaining over .900 after 19 games while Will last saw .900+ after his 18th game.  Will remains in striking distance, though, with a current OPS of .886.  For an OPS of 1.000+, Nava has the lead last clocking above a thousand after his 16th game; Will last saw 1.000+ after 11 games.

Predictions on who wins this arbitrary and meaningless contest?  Extra credit for the closest prediction on the winners # of games above each benchmark.