Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!

Hey you don't have to win every game - at least that is what Tito thinks.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

NO MAS 

NO MAS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's not the end of the world.Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Hey you don't have to win every game - at least that is what Tito thinks."

And that's actually true. 

My defense is simply this: I'd like to look at a season's body of work and then assess performance. Unlike you guys I'm not riding an emotional roller coaster every night where when the team loses I rush to my computer to vent hate. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes you are the ultimate fan - if we all could just be like you what a world we could live in!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Last night I sure wanted to agree with encinitas and burritoT, but this morning I read Peter Abraham. 

As it turns out, Albers had to pitch the 8th because Bard was out (too many innings for this early in the season), Atchison pitched 3 innings last night, Papelbon couldn't be used for a two inning save this early in the season, Hill and Wheeler had already been used, and Morales was an unknown quantity (and soon proved to be more gasoline on the raging Cubs fire). 

The Sox will be playing today and then without a break play 7 at Detroi and Cleveland. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thats what I was posing last night..bard has pitched way too much lately. Thats why he looked likem crap his last outing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!:
    [QUOTE]Last night I sure wanted to agree with encinitas and burritoT, but this morning I read Peter Abraham.  As it turns out, Albers had to pitch the 8th because Bard was out (too many innings for this early in the season), Atchison pitched 3 innings last night, Papelbon couldn't be used for a two inning save this early in the season, Hill and Wheeler had already been used, and Morales was an unknown quantity (and soon proved to be more gasoline on the raging Cubs fire).  The Sox will be playing today and then without a break play 7 at Detroi and Cleveland. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.  I sat in my chair saying, "What the H___ is going on??  Why is there NOBODY up in the 'pen??

Abraham put it all in perspective for me and he's right.  The goal of The Sox and Tito isn't to win every game, it's to win the WS. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The starting staff is below average for innings pitched and the bullpen is taxed. Injuries are the first factor, and Tito's unbearable desire to pull dominating starters after 5 or 6 innings is the second factor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Tito's unbearable desire to pull dominating starters after 5 or 6 innings is the second factor.

what starters are you talking about Buritto? The only ones I can think of were pulled early with lower-than-normal pitch counts were Beckett (neck stiffness) and Aceves ( didnt start since 09'- 85 pitches last night?)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

OK experts respond to this one:

"If the alternative is Bard getting an MRI down the road and visiting Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion, I'll take the loss."-Abraham

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]OK experts respond to this one:                   "If the alternative is Bard getting an MRI down the road and visiting Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion, I'll take the loss."-Abraham
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]

I don't get it piersall

if the constant posting of this pic

is suppose to be a shot at arod

I don't get it

please explain

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Has a manager ever won 162 games? or even close?

Your going to lose some, no need to be a bunch of debbie downers and analyze every loss.  Albers lost it, but putting him in wasn't a bad decision as he's been one of the most reliable relief pitchers this year....so everyone is allowed a bad day here in there.

I will say this though, Francona waited to long to pull him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AS DAD WOULD SAY........   "SON, YA CAN'T WIN THEM ALL"  !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]Last night I sure wanted to agree with encinitas and burritoT, but this morning I read Peter Abraham.  As it turns out, Albers had to pitch the 8th because Bard was out (too many innings for this early in the season), Atchison pitched 3 innings last night, Papelbon couldn't be used for a two inning save this early in the season, Hill and Wheeler had already been used, and Morales was an unknown quantity (and soon proved to be more gasoline on the raging Cubs fire).  The Sox will be playing today and then without a break play 7 at Detroi and Cleveland. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

EXCUSES EXCUSES..... SO you have a guy that you "Expect" to do okay... but he gets not a single out in the first 6 batters..... YOU still do not have your "UNKNOWN QUANTITY" warming up?  REALLY? 

This is an example of POOR management.   HILL Struck out the two batters he faces- Why was he pulled at the end of the 7th if they had personnel problems?
    Wheeler pitches 1 1/3 inings but he was doing fine... WHY not allow him to finish the 7th... then still have HILL in your hands for later.

DID Francona not know he had a personnel problem going into the game?.... If so why did he not "in game" manage better to allow him more leeway towards the end.

IS an UNKNOWN QUANTITY not better than an 8 run inning?  Albers had ZERO outs with 6 batters....  Apparently Morales wasn't wuite as bad as that, NOW was he?   In the 8th innint the cubs scored 8 runs on 6 hits three BB's 3 erors.... and one asinine manager who was too dumb to have his "UNKNOWN QUANTITY" at least warming up.   Oh and Bard couldn't have come in to get one or two outs?..... SO who's fault is it that he pitched so many innings so early in the season?   FIGURE it out..
    Abaraham spouts the corporate line... but no matter how you look at it,  poor personnel management is what got them in the position, and they were not allow to releive the under performing manager before it got away from them.

On an aside... Late in the top of the 8th inning I had a flashback to the Greenfield NY Township Little League CHampionship tournament from 1995.... with all those players throwing the ball past the tagret, and the runners just galloping the bases without and fear that the terrible defense could catch them.  I think Francona may have been managing one of those two teams also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]OK experts respond to this one:                   "If the alternative is Bard getting an MRI down the road and visiting Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion, I'll take the loss."-Abraham
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]
    Are you Kidding ME? Are you really asiunine enough to play this card?  They were in a 3-1 game.... and the win puts them in first place.... and you are going to use a WHAT IF?... Well what if that Pastor who claimed the world would end yesterday was right, and it was actually going to end at 11:00... well then what if... Huh What if?

YOU don't play players, because they may get injured three weeks from next monday if you do?.... ASSININE!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]Has a manager ever won 162 games? or even close? Your going to lose some, no need to be a bunch of debbie downers and analyze every loss.  Albers lost it, but putting him in wasn't a bad decision as he's been one of the most reliable relief pitchers this year....so everyone is allowed a bad day here in there. I will say this though, Francona waited to long to pull him
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

NOPE, you cannot win them all.... and the LOSS doesn't upset me..... TITO had NO ONE WARMING UP UNTIL THE CUBS SCORED 5X.   That upsets me!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

In Response to Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!:
    [QUOTE]Let the lame attempts to defend a horrible game manager begin.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Half a game out of first place ...quit the whining!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow, glad i called it a nite when it was 3-1...wth happened?????  BTW I LOVED THE SOX OLD THREADS....classic

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yet another example of Francona mis-managing his pitching staff....He allowed Albiers to crash and burn and to take the game with him.  Exactly where was Morales for Pena and where was Bowden?

That was one of the most embarrasing innings I've ever seen.

And I can not believe that Cub fans b-itch-slapped Sox fans in Fenway......

Better win today!  Yes, it's a must win.  You can not lose a Series to the Cubs at home.  Peroid. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that! : Are you Kidding ME? Are you really asiunine enough to play this card?  They were in a 3-1 game.... and the win puts them in first place.... and you are going to use a WHAT IF?... Well what if that Pastor who claimed the world would end yesterday was right, and it was actually going to end at 11:00... well then what if... Huh What if? YOU don't play players, because they may get injured three weeks from next monday if you do?.... ASSININE!
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

What's assinine is that you don't manage all 162 games like it's the seventh game of the World Series. If Tito managed the bullpen like you crybabies want him to, he'd burn out the bullpen by June and you'd be on here whining about how he can't manage a bullpen.

Albers has nearly lights out this year. He didn't have it last night. The Sox had an eight-game winning streak. It wasn't going to last forever.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"Last night I sure wanted to agree with encinitas and burritoT, but this morning I read Peter Abraham. 

As it turns out, Albers had to pitch the 8th because Bard was out (too many innings for this early in the season), Atchison pitched 3 innings last night, Papelbon couldn't be used for a two inning save this early in the season, Hill and Wheeler had already been used, and Morales was an unknown quantity (and soon proved to be more gasoline on the raging Cubs fire). 

The Sox will be playing today and then without a break play 7 at Detroi and Cleveland.
     "

Most of Franconona's critics look at every game as a single entity and NEVER take anything else into account. I wondered why albers was in there so long, but I did also at least acknowledge there might be a reason.  And, gee, surprise, surprise, there was.

Games like this do cost the Sox, but if you look at how the bullpen is being managed in Seattle and Philadelphia, you can see prime examples of what happens to overworked pitchers.

Like it or not, the Sox only need to win 60% of their games to make the post-season.  That is the goal at the tart of the season, and the goal is never to go 162-0.  This is a good thing, ebcuase having a ridiculous goal of 162-0 would show complete cluelessness by the manager and easily result in an even worse season.

But, hey, fire away from the safety of your armchair, knowing full well the cushion will never be as critical of you, despite that it has much more reason to be...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]"Last night I sure wanted to agree with encinitas and burritoT, but this morning I read Peter Abraham.  As it turns out, Albers had to pitch the 8th because Bard was out (too many innings for this early in the season), Atchison pitched 3 innings last night, Papelbon couldn't be used for a two inning save this early in the season, Hill and Wheeler had already been used, and Morales was an unknown quantity (and soon proved to be more gasoline on the raging Cubs fire).  The Sox will be playing today and then without a break play 7 at Detroi and Cleveland.  " Most of Franconona's critics look at every game as a single entity and NEVER take anything else into account. I wondered why albers was in there so long, but I did also at least acknowledge there might be a reason.  And, gee, surprise, surprise, there was. Games like this do cost the Sox, but if you look at how the bullpen is being managed in Seattle and Philadelphia, you can see prime examples of what happens to overworked pitchers. Like it or not, the Sox only need to win 60% of their games to make the post-season.  That is the goal at the tart of the season, and the goal is never to go 162-0.  This is a good thing, ebcuase having a ridiculous goal of 162-0 would show complete cluelessness by the manager and easily result in an even worse season. But, hey, fire away from the safety of your armchair, knowing full well the cushion will never be as critical of you, despite that it has much more reason to be...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

so this loss was part of a grand scheme by 'Coma to win it all?
    dumb

at least have the intellectual honesty to say he mismanaged the game and cost us the victory...

bootlickers have no shame

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts