Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Re: Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!

Francoma singlehandedly cooled Lowrie off by sitting him when he was the hottest player in bb, now he has cooled the hottest team in BB by blowing it last night with bad choices. Now we have one of the worse starters pitching tonight. As with Wake, the game will be over by the 2nd inning 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewartredsox. Show stewartredsox's posts

Every game counts. Just not the same. This was Albers blown game, PERIOD. If Albers goes 1-2-3 in the 8th and Paps a perfect ninth nobody is talking craziness today. The only problem with Tito is not thinking ahead to the fact this could happen. When Wheeler and Hill are pitching without problems he could easily have used each for another out and then went to Albers if needed. The other thing is Albers doesn't have alot of experience in these situations late in a game. Didn't he suck for the Orioles anyway. So, if I was Tito I wouldn't jump the gun on his performances just yet. Make him prove he's able to take on the added pressure. Bottom line is nobody is perfect and didn't Tito manage us to 2 World Championships. He still has my support. 100% Go Sox

Jersey Sox Fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Fuentes and Balfour were viable options.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that! : Where was Michael Bowden?  Pawtucket!   The thing is ; knowing that Bard and Atchison were not available, Tito needed to use the bullpen more wisely. Using Hill for only

two batters was a mistake
    . I have no idea what his plans were if the game had gone extra innings. Albers was a logical choice to pitch the 8th but needed to be pulled when it was obvious that he was not up to the job. Tito did not manage that very well. It's only one game, not the end of the world , but one cannot defend Tito on this without losing some credibility. Some things are just too obvious to try and deny.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSFAN2. Show RSFAN2's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Coma apologists ---defend that!:
    [QUOTE]" Hey you don't have to win every game - at least that is what Tito thinks." And that's actually true.  My defense is simply this: I'd like to look at a season's body of work and then assess performance. Unlike you guys I'm not riding an emotional roller coaster every night where when the team loses I rush to my computer to vent hate. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Good post !

Sections
Shortcuts