Calling All Sugar Coaters....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Calling All Sugar Coaters....

Calling all you delusional sugar coaters........I am dying to hear your take on Josh Beckett's start tonight...........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters....

Wow.........Crickets huh............OK maybe someone here still thinks the Beckett extension was another brilliant move by Theo "Later Suckers" Epstein.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Epitome of the I dont give a ---- once i get paid modern day athlete.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Still can't believe they held him over the offseason, when he actually had some trade value. He was a huge, glaring problem for the Sox then, but coming off, overall, a good season (as many supporters pointed out time, and time again). But no, bring back all the same clubhouse problems, slap on a new coat of paint, and keep that sellout going!

What a totally unlikeable team. Where's anyone that argued me on that opening day?

This has been coming for a few years, I warned against it over and over, and was called all manne rof names...well. I was gd right, this ownership s u c k s, and these players are far too entitled.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters....:
    In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : Right here ja#off. I still like the Red Sox and I always will.
    Posted by carnie

I'm right here with you in good times and bad times. The irony of this thread is the loser who started it always hides when the Sox are doing well but comes out like a cockroach when things are dark for the Sox.

I'll continue to root for them. I went to my first game in 1969 and rooted just as hard during the highs and lows, unlike the so many fair-weathered fans on this board who rip the "pinkhats" in one post then say how we all should stop supporting this team in another.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'm still waiting for the sugar coaters.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm still waiting for the sugar coaters.........
    Posted by andrewmitch
    I'm not a sugar coater? Please color me a pollyanna.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

No sugar coating here. This team is a disgrace. But if you listen to kimsaythis, regardless of how they play, we have to think positive and root for our team. HA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Eh, I was just expecting someone to throw some stats around trying to demonstrate that the Beckett contract represents a good value and perhaps something to the effect that "compared to other team's 'aces' or '#2's" he's just as good or better".........I was really looking forward to that.....guess I'll have to watch the train wreck that is on NESN now....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No sugar coating here. This team is a disgrace. But if you listen to kimsaythis, regardless of how they play, we have to think positive and root for our team. HA.
    Posted by ADG

don't you love it when some Sox fans think they are "better" fans because they simply lack a grasp of reality?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Posted by ADG

Why do you laugh at that? If you don't want to root for them then don't. You shouldn't be on this forum then. Try a Rays forum they're doing good ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : I'm right here with you in good times and bad times. The irony of this thread is the loser who started it always hides when the Sox are doing well but comes out like a cockroach when things are dark for the Sox. I'll continue to root for them. I went to my first game in 1969 and rooted just as hard during the highs and lows, unlike the so many fair-weathered fans on this board who rip the "pinkhats" in one post then say how we all should stop supporting this team in another.
    Posted by royf19

On one hand, I respect your commitment.

On the other hand, players, especially ones getting paid to the level they are nowadays, should EARN that type of commitment. In my opinion, this group is p i s s i n g on your good will.

Some people will ALWAYS support a family memebr...regardless of them stealing from you, vandalizing your property, committing crimes, or anything else, "well, family is family". No, at some point, people are judged by what they do, not what they represent. This team is doing NOTHING, regardless of the 100+ year franchise they represent, and deserve none of the adulation you two are giving them. You're helping to encourage it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : On one hand, I respect your commitment. On the other hand, players, especially ones getting paid to the level they are nowadays, should EARN that type of commitment. In my opinion, this group is p i s s i n g on your good will. Some people will ALWAYS support a family memebr...regardless of them stealing from you, vandalizing your property, committing crimes, or anything else, "well, family is family". No, at some point, people are judged by what they do, not what they represent. This team is doing NOTHING, regardless of the 100+ year franchise they represent, and deserve none of the adulation you two are giving them. You're helping to encourage it.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

wow thanks for posting that.

I missed the original post because that "real fan" is on iggy but I can see he's still tossing around insults as fat and high as Beckett's change up.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : Right here ja#off. I still like the Red Sox and I always will.
    Posted by carnie

Right on, carnie

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : Right on, carnie
    Posted by LloydDobler

Come on Dobbs.  You're better than that.  That's hardly sugar coating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : Right on, carnie
    Posted by LloydDobler
    You know me lloyd

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

HEY!!! WHAT'S THIS LYING AROUND S---?!?!?!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

LOL

FOOD FIGHT!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters.... : On one hand, I respect your commitment. On the other hand, players, especially ones getting paid to the level they are nowadays, should EARN that type of commitment. In my opinion, this group is p i s s i n g on your good will. Some people will ALWAYS support a family memebr...regardless of them stealing from you, vandalizing your property, committing crimes, or anything else, "well, family is family". No, at some point, people are judged by what they do, not what they represent. This team is doing NOTHING, regardless of the 100+ year franchise they represent, and deserve none of the adulation you two are giving them. You're helping to encourage it.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I can still root for the team and most individuals even if they're struggling and if some players have issues. Take Beckett out of the mix, there's still plenty of players worth rooting for. Take the bullpen, for example. It was horrible the week or two. It's been great since that 15-9 debacle. They buckled down and got the job done. I'm not supposed to root for them.

Ortiz came into camp in great shape and has been playing hard as did Pedroia. Newcomers like Ross, Sweeney, Aviles (from last year) have all played hard. They haven't always come through. Take the plays Ross and Byrd messed up yestersday. Was it because they didn't try or play hard. No. Both players have busted their btt since coming here. They simply couldn't make the play.

Here's where I differ from a lot of other fans. When a team or player is struggling, so many of you like to attach dark reasons for it -- the player is lazy, doesn't care, is out of shape, etc.

There are times when that is the case, and maybe that's true for Beckett.

But most of the time, the reason for the struggles is simple -- maybe a slump is just a slump or maybe they're simply not good no matter how hard they try.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

HEY!!! WHAT'S THIS LYING AROUND S---?!?!?!?
    Posted by LloydDobler
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBGSc1iLcIw

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

roy, a bit disingenious - i dont read anyone sniping on byrd, sweenet, aviles, etc...they are what they are....i thought mike aviles was going to make tons of errors at ss and but i am quite impressed with his play...but you cant fix stupid...and you know what im talking about

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I agree completely with you and have said this yeam was bad back in April. I was an officer in the Army in Iraq and I do not sugar coat anything especially with this 2012 team. In response to "Re: Calling All Sugar Coaters....":
    I'm still waiting for the sugar coaters......... Posted by andrewmitch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh yeah, I mean, you could see it in the winter.  They couldn't make any changes because no one worth dumping is tradeable and their budget was already spent.  It's like the same team horrible team from last year less Papelbon.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

roy, a bit disingenious - i dont read anyone sniping on byrd, sweenet, aviles, etc...they are what they are....i thought mike aviles was going to make tons of errors at ss and but i am quite impressed with his play...but you cant fix stupid...and you know what im talking about
    Posted by georom4

What's disengenous?

All that I said is that I feel most of the players are trying and playing hard so I'm still going to root for them. I'm not going to turn on the entire team just because of one or two bad seeds.

Let's assume that everything you say about Beckett is 100 percent correct. Why should I let one player make me turn against everyone else, which some posters seem to want.

I just ripped Buchholz and Lester on the game thread for not manning up and controlling their own fate, so why should I let Beckett control what I do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well personally I gave Beckett the benefit of the doubt right up until this latest episode.  Now I wish we could trade him tomorrow because I'm finally buying into the idea that he is hurting the team.    

Sections
Shortcuts